Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
And her insurance won't cover both cars, only hers. He's 15 (school permit) and hadn't even driven it a few times before she backs into the 2004 grand am doing $1500 damage to a $4000 car. He obviously had only liability, but on my policy. His car is titled to me and insured by my policy. Her Camery got $1900 worth of damage, and she has her own title on her own policy with collision/comprehensive. The policies are both through United Fire.

Wtf is this normal? They said something like since she hit a family member they won't cover his car, even though it was her fault totally. (He was upstairs playing video games lol). So if she hits my car next, I'm loving liable?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

Wtf is this normal? They said something like since she hit a family member they won't cover his car, even though it was her fault totally. (He was upstairs playing video games lol). So if she hits my car next, I'm loving liable?!

In my experience, yea, accidents like that between relatives are hard to deal with because the crooked insurance companies assume you're trying to do a scam and pocket the money somehow.

I had the same thing happen (less damage though).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Jesus, how fast was she going? Warp 2?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Do you really want them to pay out on a measly 3 grand worth of body damage? Keep in mind, that means that two cars in your household were involved in wrecks in a short period of time, so say hello to your upcoming rate hike for me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus, how fast was she going? Warp 2?

She wa literally on the way to the mall. #whitemilfsmatter

She's dumb

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Liquid Communism posted:

Do you really want them to pay out on a measly 3 grand worth of body damage? Keep in mind, that means that two cars in your household were involved in wrecks in a short period of time, so say hello to your upcoming rate hike for me.

Not my wreck, not my policy nor my prob. ??

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Mods please move this to sub that has answers. Tia

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My mother hit my car backing out of the driveway years ago, and she took me to her insurance agent right away so she could explain it. I didn't think it was a big deal - but sure enough when I got there some rear end in a top hat with a cup of coffee started asking me questions like "do you and your mom fight a lot?" trying to weasel out of paying the claim.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
sounds like you went with a discount carrier, for a discount rate, and are now getting the discount payout.

edit: probably not legal to avoid paying out, but it would cost you more to fight it than just paying out of pocket.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darth123123 posted:

One of those cars, as you mention, is titled to you and on your policy, so yeah, it's gonna be your problem. :allears:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just sue your wife and her insurance company in small claims court for the damages. This will get interesting talking about at Thanksgiving dinner. Expect to have gravy dumped down your pants.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Nice thread title. Is it possible that she did it on purpose to get back at you for the way you speak to/about her?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If it wasn't intentional, I'd call her dumb too. To do 1500 bucks worth of damage she needs to slow the gently caress down on her way backing up.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 29, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah bro, she obviously doesn't respect you. Don't you think it's time you taught her... some manners?

Seriously tho you sound like a big piece of poo poo. Have fun driving up the rates for yourself, your wife, and your kid.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

therobit posted:

Nice thread title. Is it possible that she did it on purpose to get back at you for the way you speak to/about her?
Yeah, no poo poo. We all make mistakes, and there is no need to act like the OP... Divorces are expensive, I hope she gets gets a good lawyer.

I was going to ask why you aren't jointly titled and insured, and then I thought about how you wrote about your wife and realized I knew why.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Please buy your wife an account and have her post itt so we can give the most informed advice :q:

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

BFC: where knyteguys children should be taken away because he spent too much eating out last month, but calling someone a dumbass for driving one of your cars into another one is TOO FAR.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I don't get why you don't have everyone on one insurance policy? It's way cheaper, and then you at least have a better idea of who has what coverage.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Jesus BFC...

adorai posted:

sounds like you went with a discount carrier, for a discount rate, and are now getting the discount payout.

edit: probably not legal to avoid paying out, but it would cost you more to fight it than just paying out of pocket.

No, United Fire isn't discount in my book.

Liquid Communism posted:

Why would my rate go up (that had my son's car on it)? She's liable and has collision coverage.

Liquid Communism posted:

One of those cars, as you mention, is titled to you and on your policy, so yeah, it's gonna be your problem. :allears:

He has liability only, like most teens in lovely cars. And she should be at fault since he/I were inside the house.

Elephanthead posted:

Just sue your wife and her insurance company in small claims court for the damages. This will get interesting talking about at Thanksgiving dinner. Expect to have gravy dumped down your pants.
Nah, we have a great relationship. Its our 19th anniversary today!

therobit posted:

No, she's a dumbass for driving 40 in reverse and not using mirrors. She admitted that outright.

Nail Rat posted:

If it wasn't intentional, I'd call her dumb too. To do 1500 bucks worth of damage she needs to slow the gently caress down on her way backing up.
It wasn't intentional, it was negligence.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah bro, she obviously doesn't respect you. Don't you think it's time you taught her... some manners?

Seriously tho you sound like a big piece of poo poo. Have fun driving up the rates for yourself, your wife, and your kid.
Thanks! So I should just not have the insurance company cover the policy that she has paid in full to cover hitting another car?

SiGmA_X posted:

Yeah, no poo poo. We all make mistakes, and there is no need to act like the OP... Divorces are expensive, I hope she gets gets a good lawyer.

I was going to ask why you aren't jointly titled and insured, and then I thought about how you wrote about your wife and realized I knew why.
She would call me a dumbass too, its not like we are special snowflakes that get triggered like posters here.

Duckman2008 posted:

I don't get why you don't have everyone on one insurance policy? It's way cheaper, and then you at least have a better idea of who has what coverage.

We both run distinct finances. She is not very good in her spending habits. She admits this too, she says "She's a spender, I'm the saver".
e: Also, if we were all on the same policy there is NO WAY they would cover it. There is a "Family member" clause in all policies that you can't claim within a policy against yourself or another family member. That's what they are saying on this (for now) - but I have distinct policies and I'm appealing on that ground.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Droo posted:

BFC: where knyteguys children should be taken away because he spent too much eating out last month, but calling someone a dumbass for driving one of your cars into another one is TOO FAR.

I'd like to read about this.

e: whoa 178 page thread.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Don't make assumptions about other poeple's marriage lives what the gently caress is wrong with you Goons?!

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Solution is probably to take away her car and put her back in the kitchen. Right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SiGmA_X posted:

Solution is probably to take away her car and put her back in the kitchen. Right?

look how "triggered" you are LOL owned

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol :clint: Yeah but really, bashing a partner is not cool or healthy even if they would do the same.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

driving 40 in reverse
I didn't know cars could even go this fast in reverse.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cicero posted:

It was warp 2 I understand.

SiGmA_X posted:

Lol :clint: Yeah but really, bashing a partner is not cool or healthy even if they would do the same.

Look I didn't bash her but say omg that was dumb. Then moved on into fix mode. Also dealing with a kid that was like wtf mom? Crying, etc. Did the whole it was an accident thing. gently caress sakes people, SA isn't the same irl right? Have you ever said that was a dumb move to your gay/opposite sex partner? If not your probably triggered by this harsh talk. I'm in fyad or gbs now.

E: Lol def not fyad

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea my dad backed into my car because he forgot that I had parked there. Luckily it didn't cause any real damage because he was going like 15 MPH and just dented that side of the car. Didn't even get it fixed because who cares about a lovely Chevy Malibu plus the car was traded in years ago for $500. How hosed up is the car anyway, post some pics of the damage?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea my dad backed into my car because he forgot that I had parked there. Luckily it didn't cause any real damage because he was going like 15 MPH and just dented that side of the car. Didn't even get it fixed because who cares about a lovely Chevy Malibu plus the car was traded in years ago for $500. How hosed up is the car anyway, post some pics of the damage?

Ok. I will because it's funny and entertaining I guess. How do I remove the geo tags? I need a laptop to edit out plates too.

Sry for your cool ride. It matters to a kid, it does. He was devastated, as much as a kid without any responsibilities besides mowing and doing chores can be.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea sucks about his car. The first car wreck is the worst.

Also GIMP can edit exim data. I am sure there is a better tool. Should be able to paint over the plates with the phones paint tools. Probably :effort: though.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea sucks about his car. The first car wreck is the worst.

Also GIMP can edit exim data. I am sure there is a better tool. Should be able to paint over the plates with the phones paint tools. Probably :effort: though.

Gotcha.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Pretty sure imgur strips all geo tags by default

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Please stop acting like a hypersensitive idiot and stinking up the forums.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

a dog from hell posted:

Please stop acting like a hypersensitive idiot and stinking up the forums.

Sorry bro. I thought you'd be safe from my bad posting if I didn't go in the unemployment and day drinking threads.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sorry bro. I thought you'd be safe from my bad posting if I didn't go in the unemployment and day drinking threads.

Thanks for proving your thin skinned histrionics for the crowd once again.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

Darth123123 posted:

You're married so...

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Cicero posted:

Crown Vics will get into the 60 mph+ range in reverse but steering gets REALLY squirrelly.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
When did the world get so loving sensitive? Most of you wouldn't hesitate to tell your friends when did something dumb. My wife is my best friend and I treat her as such, if she fucks up I will rag on her for it. That doesn't mean I won't also help solve the problem, nor does it mean I love her any less.

I can promise if she hit my car because she wasn't paying attention, I would give her endless poo poo and ask her if she was watching her mirrors literally every time she backed up with me in the car.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Read your policy. It probably says something along the lines of if you hit a car owned by a member of your immediate family the damage isn't covered under the liability coverage of the hitter. It's a pretty standard exclusion on a policy.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Tyro posted:

Crown Vics will get into the 60 mph+ range in reverse but steering gets REALLY squirrelly.

hahahhahah i saw this post and was like "wtf...?"

then i saw it was Tyro and smiled

good luck with your drunk wife op or whateevr this thread was about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

You could try reading her policy. Either this type of accident is excluded or it isn't. If it is, there's your answer. If it isn't, call them out with the specific sections of exclusions, tell them it's not there, and threaten to sue. If they don't budge you do a cost/benefit of filing a small claims case and either you file or you don't.

Or I guess you could just have a meltdown thread about calling your wife a dumbass in a dead comedy forum.

• Locked thread