Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Women choosing their sexual partners and activities is somehow a bad thing? Whelp, better return to Christian Puritanism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Either gender sleeping around while they have children is kind of bad. Is that really the most horrible thing ever? For a society to hold that perhaps its preferable that there be two bread winners for a family? Or is it bad to want children to have stable families? Note I would also hold this for Gay couples as well. Before you have children? Hey if you want to risk your body on venereal diseases that's your right. Even if its a pretty stupid choice.

No, what's most preferable is for society to ensure that a child is properly cared for regardless of parental situation. Requiring both parents be earning to ensure the safety and well-being of a child is awful, and forcing or pressuring unhappy people to stay together for the sake of that child has been proven not to work. Why would we want society to return to when bitter, loveless marriages were a norm?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Because unlike you I know some people who have raised children as single parents and they say they would prefer to have someone to help them raise their children. Also there are those studies suggesting children brought up in families that are stable do better.

http://www.clasp.org/resources-and-publications/states/0086.pdf

Look I am sorry that your liberal ideal is challenged by actual facts. Also yes parents should sacrifice some of their happiness to the development of their children, its called responsibility. Now of course a government can best promote stable relationships by ensuring that people can live without insecurity in their lives through economic initiatives but to suggest that we shouldn't expect parents to be responsible is rather hilarious.

You didn't even read your own study, did you?

Edit:

Literally from the first page:

The Study you Googled Without Looking At posted:

While the increased risks faced by children raised without both parents are certainly reason for concern, the majority of children in single-parent families grow up without serious problems. In addition, there continues to be debate about how much of the disadvantages to children are attributable to poverty versus family structure, as well as about whether it is marriage itself that makes a difference or the type of people who get married.

Edit2: You know what would be great at eliminating any problems caused by poverty? Ensuring single-parents aren't in poverty in ways other than forcing them to stay in toxic relationships!

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 25, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Well the data shows having two of either gender is beneficial.

There are four things listed there, dude. "Either" doesn't apply.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey the study says its better to have two parents. Be they gay or straight. Sorry if the data doesn't fit your hedonistic vision.

You are vastly overestimating your understanding of the data.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally everyone (including your own study) disagrees with you, but sure, you're the only one that's right and it's everyone else that's wrong.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Show me where the study says those in single families do better then those with two parents.

How about you do me one better and show where in the study it says that the problems absolutely can't be attributed to things like poverty or social status.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

When did I say that wasn't a factor?

Every single time flatly ignored people bringing up other factors to say that no, it only matters that there is a two parent household. Like here:

Crowsbeak posted:

Well show me research that thats better then a two parent home.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Wait asking for research that being raised by a single parent is better is now ignoring other factors? Good to know.

Your own study says that you can't conclude the children's performance is directly attributable to their parental situation, what about that don't you get?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheImmigrant posted:

(((Alt-right)))

Why'd you put the Jewish Echo around the name Alt-Right, a name that the movement chose for themselves? Are you saying that the Alt-Right movement is... what, comprised of self-hating Jews? That's certainly a novel claim.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheImmigrant posted:

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Are you sure? Then what are you saying?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

How did the alt right thread become a discussion on marriage and children?

Apparently allowing whores to divorce is a failure of liberal values and legitimizes the alt-right.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

The dark enlightenment has as many atheists as it has Christians. It really is for people who think their above everyone else but think libertarians are too soft. Also I am a Christian if a particularly bad one. Also yes maybe you all who think relationships with one other partner are bad can provide evidence for why that is.

It's not the idea that having a relationship with one other partner is bad, it's the idea that you are bound forever and ever to the first person you gently caress is what's bad. Not all relationships last forever and forcing people to remain in an unhappy or even openly hostile one is what's bad.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 29, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Well I don't know about you guys but I'm now convinced that there's literally no differences between us and the people who :airquote:ironically:airquote: say that all the blacks and Jews need to be slaughtered in the streets. Thank you, brave defenders of the Alt-Right ITT, for opening my eyes that truly it is #NotAllMen.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Just keep wasting your time on dumb young idiots instead of the people who are actively working to run the world into the ground because of a need for some sort of equivalence between them.

Aw dang, I forgot that I was physically incapable of caring about two things and that I could only ever concern myself with one group for the fullness of time. You're really a big help today, thank you!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Well, yeah, it's impossible to infinitely multiply your energy between a growing number of concerns.

Why are you wasting all your energy defending the alt-right when there are real injustices in the world you should be focusing on?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pussy Cartel posted:

I dunno, the racist and sexual slurs alt-right types have flung at me seemed pretty sincere, but maybe I'm just not understanding the fourth dimensional chess they're playing.

Yeah, but I bet you've probably said something that wasn't very nice about them so really, who's the real monster? I think you'll find that it's actually you and the Alt-Right is completely without fault of any kind.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Is Stormfront the alt right now

Is literally everything the alt-right

And if so, is it the product of some sort of collective aneurysm

Well apparently the entire left is encapsulated in a single video of a single college campus, so I don't see a problem here.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

I wonder if the whole thing also expands beyond the college campus.

Why don't you go and find out and come back when you have some solid findings.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Being offended on behalf of others is virtue signalling,

Oh no, people merely pretending to act like they're good people. Truly that is exactly the same as people merely "pretending" to be bigoted pieces of poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Oh is it now? I didn't realize your ideology had made all these rules around language that are universal in meaning.

What the actual problem with "virtue signaling", in your eyes?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I didn't ask what it is, I asked what your problem with this. Use your own words like a big boy now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Kinda reads like a manifesto for being upset at any language that contains hints of racism or humor on controversial subjects.

Realistically racism is used to be an authentic prick, bolster one's group pride, but also to communicate friendship between people, I have a bunch of Chinese an Indian friends that throw around racially charged jokes because they are signalling intimacy. To say any fake racism leads to racism begs some evidence.

We're not talking about that, we're talking about white dudes joking about exterminating all the brown people.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Jokes about the Holocaust lead to holocaust, got it.

Jokes about lynching blacks absolutely led to lynching blacks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Uh huh, had the jokes not been present the south woulda just embraced pluralism.

Had people not been so emboldened that they treated it as a joke it would likely have happened less, yes, that is true.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh horseshit, it's not because Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock are "too extreme" that they won't do colleges any more, it's because they're old, out of touch, and haven't had new funny material in decades.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

OK, name some comics in that tradition who still perform on campuses. This isn't a scene I know that much about, so I'm legitimately curious. Who's pushing the envelope these days that liberals can like?

Daniel Tosh is still very popular around campuses and half his jokes are about the dumb sluts he wants to gently caress while the other half are about all the cocks he wants to suck with the occasional retard joke thrown in to keep things fresh.

But let me get this straight, rather than typing "Comedian college tours" into google and finding out who still performs for younger crowds you just heard that Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock don't do them any more and assumed that this was indicative of all humor being banned forever from a campus? Really? That seemed not only logical but also probable? Really?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

I didn't realize The Atlantic was an alt-right publication.

Not all jokes work with all audiences? Truly comedy is dead.

:jerkbag:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

That joke would kill on a college campus:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MekZGFM3V8g

Chris Rock hasn't been funny since before I could vote.

quote:

You're baseless opinion is baseless.

Actually it's a verifiable fact that Tosh still does comedy tours. Also, "my are baseless opinion"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^
An article from 2015, and he's still touring. Golly gee, it's like he wasn't run out of the country because of one protest, possibly because he's not a thin-skinned baby like Seinfeld or Rock.

Some Guy TT posted:

I literally did the exact same thing you suggested I do, came up with results that indicated my assumption was not unreasonable, and you're still being a dick. I'm kind of getting the impression you're more interested in being a dick than having an actual discussion.

Because you zeroed right in on the article at the bottom of the page, completely ignoring the multiple links to comedy tours going around college campuses that prove that comedians still play them.

quote:

Is Tosh good or bad? More importantly, who finds him funny, cool people like us, or subhuman monsters like the alt-right?

Do you think there is an objective quality to comedy or something? Because there isn't.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 1, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

...And yet we can safely conclude that the alt-right are human filth for finding dead baby humor funny. Got it.

You know that I'm not the one that called the Alt-Right subhuman, right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There's, like, six regular posters across the last few pages. :cmon:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jesus was a well known supporter of murder and eugenics, as shown in the book of Aryan 14:88.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Please stop feeding the delusions of a literal schizophrenic, his garbage is terribly boring and not very relevant.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just make a thread about your suicide cult already so you can be contained.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
At the very least I don't remember him advocating for Neo-Nazi-esque sterilization and eugenics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Wait so people not identifying themselves based on their skin color is genocide. Thanks for another turd of wisdom. But then sedanchairs entire posts could be summarized as; "gently caress whitey".

To be fair, whitey needs to get hosed something fierce.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah good job at getting rid of prejudice you guys. Why not gently caress the concept of identity based on skin color.

Oh no, someone said something not nice about white people. Truly this is the worst.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Look I know this is hard to understand for you. But advocacy of discrimination against some while saying discrimination against others is bad tends to not win you any allies outside of internet echo chambers.

Yeah, I'm really concerned about winning over allies on the dead comedy website of forums dot something awful dot com. :jerkbag:

Crowsbeak posted:

Well the thing is if you want to get rid of that group that enjoys the privilege you have to get rid of the concept that causes such a group to exist. The very concept of race would have to be suppressed actively from society. So yes the concept of Black, of East Asian, and of Middle Eastern Identity would need to be gone as well.

So how many allies have you gained by telling people you want to get rid of Blacks, East Asians, and Middle-Easterners? I bet it's tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Quite a few actually, being that they would be fine if they were first identified as Americans, rather then their perceived skin color or their religion. Sorry if reality doesn't conform to your fantasy.

Really now? So where's the widespread minority movement to erase the concept of blackness from the world?

• Locked thread