Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/xq35.mp4?token=1476503918_27629a33d4509a0f8cfb27f4a89f323bbbdb7f2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://i.imgur.com/ZI3UU7J.mp4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

It's still September 30th on the only coast that matters hth

Also so people don't miss it, the best baseball video of all goddamn time
https://twitter.com/ericoconnor22/status/782061896446779392

It's still September 30th in all the time zones that aren't lovely but I'm going to bed soon and I tend to sleep super late on Saturdays so I just wanted to get the thread up now instead of at like 5pm when I finally remember to do it after watching Civ VI videos/streams all day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mike_V posted:

EDIT: Looks like it won't matter since the Dodgers seem content to lay down and die to the Giants. I hope they meet in the NLCS and the Giants sweep them.

This would mean the Cubs losing in the LDS to the Giants which I am 100% down for.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byron Buxton went from home to home in 14.05 seconds on an inside the park homerun as a right handed batter.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1200954583/mincws-buxtons-1405second-insidethepark-homer/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bad boy in the boy band posted:

All of the Mets should look at him. For the entire game.

are googly eyed glasses against the rules if you only wear them in the dugout

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

ESPN with an article on bat flips in Korea. Haven't even read it yet - just watching cool gifs.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17668845/korean-bat-flip

This is a super pro click

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MV or Intruder please ignore the other requests and make this tweet the new thread title

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/783510866952015872?s=09

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dead Kelly posted:

Also I'd love if someone could get my an av-sized version of this image without the watermark:

https://twitter.com/mlhs_mike/status/783644490510831616

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am looking forward to tonight's game very much as an unbiased observer because Big Time Pitching Showdowns are a very good Baseball Thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I fixed the link for you and removed unnecessary information :cheers:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just really want to see EYBS again. I have embraced it.

Alternately, a Giants/Indians WS could be fun.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

Yup.

Bum v Jake at AT&T is going to be a hell of a thing.

For the first five innings maybe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

e: gently caress I can't remember the hug smiley but pretend it is here

:glomp: or :sympathy:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:laffo:
Giants

#PuigMyFriend
Dodgers

Only if they go down 3-1 to the Giants
Cleveland

They have some cool players but also some jerks
Rangers
Blue Jays

I have no strong feelings one way or the other
Nats

:fuckoff:
Cubs
Red Sox

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I think I saw a statement that they would ban him from all mlb parks when identified . Not sure if they'd do any more than that

Pretty sure they can't do anything more than that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2016/10/04/mlbtv_1202471983_1200K.mp4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

jfc

I only just noticed them this year. Dumb as hell that that counts for a home run. But I also lived through two Series' at the Metrodome, so I'm really not one to talk.

I'm trying really hard to figure out what you mean by this because nothing in the Metrodome extended over the field of play.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

Target Field has an overhang in right, but there's no way in Hell it would change a ball from an out to an HR.

It easily would and it has but he was specifically talking about the metrodome

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

The Dome was notorious for its weird home-field quirks is all I'm saying. The turf, the plexiglas, the HVAC, the roof; it's all sorts of weirdness. I'm saying I don't get to bitch about silly architectural features that determine what is or isn't a home run.

I'm not sure those are that weird but I grew up with it :shrug: Something extending the height of the wall is certainly very different from something that extends slightly over the field of play, at least.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ice To Meet You posted:

The overhang is deeper the farther left you go, so I could see a "cheap" one landing on the center-field side of it.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I don't remember when it happened but I do remember it happening.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

That's just single layer lasagna

More of a casserole in a bread bowl.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shadok posted:

He texts "poophole" so much that his phone autocorrected "loophole".

Or he has autocorrect off and didn't notice that he hit the P which is directly above the L

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GET MY BELT SON posted:

is there a cub game thread or is this it?

be the change you wish to see in the world

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GET MY BELT SON posted:

gently caress it i did it it's probably wrong

annnnddddddddd hosed up the tag gay me

it's probably the right tag tbqh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did mlb.com stop doing the game recaps? Because I don't want to try and piece together the game through like 80 highlights.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomizer posted:

Cross-posting from the NLDS G3 thread because you've done the same and don't get it:

THAT'S why it's relevant; just because the drought doesn't mean anything to you and your "EYBS" team doesn't mean it's not incredibly meaningful to millions of other people.

Dead people probably don't care about their sports team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

do it for all the sad "please just one i'm 90 and dying" bricks around Wrigley

I wonder how often those bricks get peed on by drunks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thom P. Tiers posted:

No? But they did win the series two days later.

And people say it broke Lidge because he was bad in the WS as well after that moonshot. But as someone already mentioned, he was very good for the Phillies in 08.

The moonshot was in 2005. It took two full years and a new team for him to recover.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Urbana-Champaign is OK from my experience.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone link me to what the camera angle looked like because I didn't watch the Cubs games

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ALFbrot posted:

It was a little high, I suppose, but true center-field is so much better than the traditional.

This owns what kind of dummy would hate this.

TMMadman posted:

It makes every pitch look low.

And the offset angle makes every pitch look like it's farther left than it actually is, and I'd prefer the former about a billion times more than the latter.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

It's probably be discussed a billion times but how is Urias pick off move not a balk?

Looks to me like Urias is breaking the plane of the rubber before throwing to 1st.

He breaks the front plane but not the back. They'll probably have to redefine it because that really should have been a balk.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julio Cruz posted:

The balk rule really needs to be rewritten. All pickoff throws are meant to deceive the runner, that's the whole point of a pickoff throw.

I think SB Nation a few years ago posted:

1) You can't just be up there and just doin' a balk like that.
1a. A balk is when you
1b. Okay well listen. A balk is when you balk the
1c. Let me start over
1c-a. The pitcher is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, batter, that prohibits the batter from doing, you know, just trying to hit the ball. You can't do that.
1c-b. Once the pitcher is in the stretch, he can't be over here and say to the runner, like, "I'm gonna get ya! I'm gonna tag you out! You better watch your butt!" and then just be like he didn't even do that.
1c-b(1). Like, if you're about to pitch and then don't pitch, you have to still pitch. You cannot not pitch. Does that make any sense?
1c-b(2). You gotta be, throwing motion of the ball, and then, until you just throw it.
1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the ball up here, like this, but then there's the balk you gotta think about.
1c-b(2)-b. Fairuza Balk hasn't been in any movies in forever. I hope she wasn't typecast as that racist lady in American History X.
1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, she was in The Waterboy too! That would be even worse.
1c-b(2)-b(ii). "get in mah bellah" -- Adam Water, "The Waterboy." Haha, classic...
1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A balk is when the pitcher makes a movement that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the baseball and field of

2) Do not do a balk please.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

#1 worst umpire in baseball made the NLCS crew

link?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Tebow is 0-whatever in the AzFL so uh...

EDIT: I am seriously considering paying for an ESPN Insider account just to read Kieth Law's excoriation of Tebow.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Tim%2BTebow%2Bgets%2Btorn%2Bto%2Bshreds%2Bin%2Bbrutally%2Bhonest%2Bscouting%2Breport&id=591736

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

complaining about cubsposting is now more annoying than cubsposting. congratulations, please see thread title

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Rizzo can get zero hits on the bench just as well as he can in the lineup.

I say give him one more game. I'm not expecting 3 hits or anything, but at least some good AB's and a few hard-hit balls or start someone else at 1B for Game 4. He's killing us.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fast cars loose anus posted:

I haven't been watching the playoffs but I saw what happened to Trevor Bauer's finger today and sorry if it has been discussed but what the gently caress were the umpires thinking

"He's bleeding too much and has to come out of the game," I think.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fast cars loose anus posted:

I more meant why wasnt this acted upon earlier than it was

When the stitches popped he was hiding it by holding it against his dark jersey (so the blood wouldn't show) and it took a few pitches for the information to get down to the dugout so the Jays manager could go to the ump and be like "yo he's bleeding a lot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Trump wins election in landslide

They would redistribute the electoral votes and a lot of them would probably go to Illinois and New York

• Locked thread