Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is a very good gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Love TNA's spontaneous vibe where you don't know if the scoreboard will work or if the lights will stay on

i love you chris regal :allears:

"The WWE has a great production group that knows what the hell they're doing, how boring."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Biggest pop of the night was one of EC3's back zits.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think that bacne thing came up with.... I want to say it was Sonjay Dutt.

Can someone smarter than me explain how roids cause acne like that? Not that I doubt it, I'm just curious

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

same reason you're prone to it during puberty. A hormone increase causes you to secrete more oils.

Oh duh

I was overthinking it :downs:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus :gonk:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

It seems like holding it over their heads, like "I could've sold this thing to WWE, but see, darlin, I'm just a mom."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it comes off as self-serving.

You aren't, that's exactly how I read it too. One of those smug self-satisfied "you owe me! be grateful!" kind of things.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

I think it's a bit much to infer tone from someone's paraphrasing of what was actually said.

I'd agree with you in most cases but this is the woman who gave the entire locker room a "do as I say, dammit!" speech that they chose to air, in addition to all the times she's hosed over talent. I just can't bring myself to give her much benefit of the doubt.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Will they be able to get rid of her though? Doesn't seem like she wants to leave

If she's majority shareholder then ultimately it's her decision and there's really not much anyone else can do about it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jeeeeeesus what a dick

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I can only imagine what actually negotiating with TNA as a company must be like. I feel like every deal rumored has been close to happening and fallen through at the last second because Dixie refuses to accept that it's over.

Seriously, I'd kill to be a fly on the wall during those conversations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is Vince seriously referring to himself in 3rd person?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"nobody is going to kayfabe me" is the best loving thing I've heard in years

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Cornette should totally do a wrestling equivalent of Kitchen Nightmares where he goes around and tries to help failing wrestling promotions

fuuuuuuuuck I would watch this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

1,000% truth right here. A coked up Mike O'Malley screaming at the 3 most uncoordinated kids Nickelodeon could find was amazing television.

e: LET'S GO TO MO

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

305,000 viewers this week. Impact lost 60,000 viewers for the follow-up episode of their biggest PPV.

hahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People still FedEx money?

Fedex'd a check most likely. They coudl track delivery but it'd give them a couple days to make sure they had money in the account.

In effect, it's a round-about way of post-dating a check.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Mecca's moved onto the denial stage

Aaahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Never change, tnamecca :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The final episode of impact is going to be a tape of a band playing "Nearer My God To Thee" in the Hardys' barn. Then fade to black.

Context for those who don't get it:CNN is sitting on a tape of the song to only play if the world ends as their final broadcast moment

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 14, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

so wait, Billy cut Dixie a personal check to Dixie to keep TNA running? Am I interpreting that right?

That's how I'm reading it too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I hope TNA lasts until January 1st so it can die on 1.1

oh that's beautiful

speaking of, who's got that gif of their ratings scrolling by? it was great and i haven't seen it in forever

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm so glad I'm not the only one seeing that similarity.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Struggled to find a decent source image, you'd have thought it would be an easy thing to find :shrug:

ahahahaha :love:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gavok posted:

Keep landing on those hotels, Dixie.

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

Is it me or is it weird that the complaint doesn't say how long TNA was delinquent?

Not really that weird, the pertinent issue is that they are delinquent.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

But HOW DELINQUENT WERE THEY?!?!?

seriously though they very obviously use a template and insert the name of the account/amount they owe.

I'd imagine that will come out soon enough. Far as these things go the main things the courts care about are being delinquent at all, and the overall amount. Once that amount owed hits a certain level I'd imagine that triggers the suit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gavok posted:

"Cross the line, you fuckman."

jesus christ

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E^^^ lol

That was such a goofy sounding call by Cole when he came over. Massive rear end big show hits the ring (up from under it, i believe?)

OH MY GOD THA-THAT'S PAUL WIGHT! THAT'S PAUL WIGHT!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Paul E. Dangerously

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

who could possibly be funding it at this point? :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I Have No Money And I Must Wrestle

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Is anybody surprised that Billy Corgan has better lawyers than TNA?

ambulance-chasers that advertise on late night TV are better lawyers than what TNA has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Evil Badman posted:

I'm seeing reports of 1.1

• Locked thread