Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Do we have confirmation that there is indeed a third party propping BFG up?

Amazing that there won't even be that many people to savor this final death because most have forgotten TNA's existence

Until last week I literally thought they were dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Straight Outta Orlando

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TNA becomes the first 501(c)(3) nonprofit wrestling organization

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

jim cornette's still alive

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

so, how was bound for glory

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

So TNA doesn't drug test is the lesson I'm taking away here

Actually they do but there are no penalties for a positive test. that's not a joke

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

remember when tna was on fox sports

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CREATE Hat Marty

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

If Dixie's deal with WWE would stop them from being able to run as a wrestling company then Corgan would have grounds to sue since he can argue that they're not serving the best interests of him as a major stockholder. It doesn't matter that he's not the majority.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

delete tna

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Given TNA has very little of value left it'd be pretty funny if the state of TN ends up seizing the tape library and rings.

Only part of the tape library though since some of it got sold already

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

RZApublican posted:

Speaking of that, who was it that bought part of TNA's tape library? They can't possibly plan to do anything with it other than sell to WWE.

Fight Network, which airs TNA in canada and also has a streaming app for old matches and stuff, so they basically wanted it for the same reason the wwe would want it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golashes posted:

I want to bid on a belt at a tax lien auction really badly.

i think the belts belong to whoever held them last actually

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah i obviously havent seen the books but if tna is making money for anyone it'll be a tv network so i guess if anyone was gonna save them that's who it'd be

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

who gave tna that high a credit limit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

coconono posted:

Sid is a nice guy that is very emotional. You combine that with the regime of steroids he consumed, and you get poo poo like stabbing Arn Anderson or trying to do whatever to Pillman with a squeegee.

Also he gets upset when he can't find his scissors*

*Eric Bischoff, WCW Nitro

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

It is pretty much established that the TNA name is tarnished as all gently caress, but is there a chance that a Dixie-less TNA run by non-morons could claw it's way back to a semblance of respectability?

Admittedly, the people clamouring to take over from Dixie don't seem to be too much better than her, but seriously, taking Dixies provably toxic presence and stupidity with her, (and other peoples), money away from TNA, could it survive?

millionaire billy's rasslin room

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

Can someone break down the Corgan lawsuit for me because I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I'm guessing it's you agreed to pay me x amount of dollars by so and so date and you didn't.

According to his claims, he made her, Dixie Carter, a loan to prop up the business and pay for tapings, with the collateral for the loan being all of her shares and control over the company. So if he can prove that in court then he can take everything away immediately, and I don't know what his plan after that would be since the company still owes a lot of people money (including him). This is a separate issue from the debts of the company, as I said, because he loaned this directly to Dixie and the company going bankrupt would not void that debt; she'd still have to give him her shares. He's also trying to put a hold on any sales or whatever by Dixie to WWE or anyone else, because he argues that he already de facto owns the company due to this agreement and she legally can't sell anything from TNA. So there's several things at stake here.

Like I said, this is all predicated on her actually having agreed to this in writing. If so, he has a good case.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its time for a verdict on a pole match

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dixie carter and the infinite sadness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

you could have it all, my empire of dirt. i will let you down, i will make you hurt --dixie carter

• Locked thread