Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am going to give you a scenario. Given this scenario I want to know how you would feel about one Donald "Bigly" Trump.

It's 1:30 in the morning on November 9th. The Dems have over 400 electoral votes, a senate majority, and are threatening the House. Trump goes on stage and everyone grins anticipating a meltdown for the ages.

But he doesn't.

Instead he is smug, vindictive and gloating. He presents incontrovertible proof that he was trying to throw the election and sabotage the GOP from day one. He has correspondence with his spawn kids dating back 18 months discussing how best to discredit his supporters and party. He has evidence of him leaking damaging stories regarding Republican Senators and himself at the most devastating moments. He even has letters discussing how his creepy snake song he sings at his rallies is actually all about him - and how the Republican party knew he was a con from the beginning.

Every Opo hit about him is true. He really did assault all those women. He really did commit borderline treason with Castro. He really did dodge taxes and scam people for decades.

That said, he used every one of his personal flaws, magnified them and trumpeted them, as a personal favor to his good friend Bill Clinton (Even in this fantasy world it wouldn't be for Hillary). He spends about seventy minutes on live TV mocking GOP leadership and his own supporters in the audience for their idiotic hypocrisy until a gaggle of Kentuckians bumrush the broadcasters and take out the cameras.

How would you feel about Donald?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i love trump!!!!!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

still a disgusting human being who should never have gotten this close to dog catcher, let alone the presidency

playing puppetmaster and rolling with the punches doesn't excuse any of it and is likely a way for him to once again not take responsibility for a loving thing in his life

the thought of a couple hundred trump supporters lunging at the now secret service-less trump like an episode of the walking dead is funny though

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

he's a fucker

also if he had any loyalty he'd keep that backroom poo poo quiet jfc

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i feel about him as i did before he ran for president: piece of poo poo, gently caress him, guillotine

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

bill clinton definitely got the donald to run in this campaign as a joke. a clinton campaign organizer told me this very night. the irony vote is real.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he is bad

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Your version of Trump is somehow worse than actual Trump. So I like him less.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

hey i voted for bernie

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad he's not President.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If he'd been that committed to burning his life down for close to two years in order to get his friends elected and further the Democratic agenda, he'd be committed enough to keep up the charade for the rest of his life by continuing to play the Republican boogieman, keeping the GOP divided and the base in a civil war for as long as possible. If he tried the puppetmaster defense I'd assume it was him coming up with some retroactive out to dodge blame for his campaign rather than an elaborate scheme to patriotically sacrifice himself.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
How small is your town where the position of Dog Catcher is an elected office? And then how could a town that small have so many dogs that it requires an elected public servant to perform that task?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
he'd probably make me vomit for the 4th time

since he actually did all those disgusting poo poo that made me vomit 3 times

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

he'd probably make me vomit for the 4th time

since he actually did all those disgusting poo poo that made me vomit 3 times

You should see a doctor about your vomiting problem.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Nah you should see a voting booth about your Trump problem.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
trump belongs in the dump

I VOTED EARLY

:abuela:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There's a very real risk of one of the gun-toting NRA Real Americans at my office gunning me the gently caress down for "stealing their election" on November 9th :v:

Somebody here thinks it's appropriate to keep printing out "Hillary in prison" and "I've never been groped by Trump, but I've been screwed by Obama" memes and taping them up to the door out to the parking lot, and everybody here besides me and 2 interns is a white person in some combination of 50+ years old, former military, or absolutely pining for Reagan.

Like, holy poo poo. I can only assume this person(s) is also on board with anti-muslim surveillance, crippling the press, loving over the middle class that they're ostensibly a part of, and any given other reprehensible thing that Trump wants to make happen.

At least my actual voting district is blue af, so I probably won't have to worry about vigilante "election observers" trying to mess with me.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

At least my actual voting district is blue af, so I probably won't have to worry about vigilante "election observers" trying to mess with me.

Never gonna happen, maybe like, two dozen ineffectual dudes, nationwide, and almost definitely not all day

People already complain about going to vote, turnouts are trash already, nobody is going to get up and leave their house to watch other people vote

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

How small is your town where the position of Dog Catcher is an elected office? And then how could a town that small have so many dogs that it requires an elected public servant to perform that task?

you see it is a common joke to say someone couldn't be elected to be dogcatcher if they were/weren't X/Y because dog catcher is a government job that is not held in high esteem and were it up for election could be won by almost anyone

this is the joke

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I could see this scenario happening just because Trump is a pathetic baby who is mainly interested in defending his ego at all times. It wouldn't be true but he'd claim it is to cover for his devastating loss.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
not the hero america needs, but the hero america deserves

he's still a piece of poo poo for sexually assaulting multiple women though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tbf to donald like almost every rich powerful man over the age of say 60 has sexually assaulted a woman at some point in their lives, but not every one of them has destroyed the gop, so kudos to him for that

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

hey yea, the guy that stands up on stage and says "I know I was gonna lose so I threatened the democracy of this nation by questioning our ability to hold a fair election" is totally cool and good.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Eifert Posting posted:

Every Opo hit about him is true. He really did assault all those women. He really did commit borderline treason with Castro. He really did dodge taxes and scam people for decades.

[...]

Still a piece of poo poo, and why is this even a question?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, as I don't like people who commit sexual assault, I'd have to say he'd still be bad, OP.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
about the same

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My stance would probably be to laugh with him when he's laughing at Republicans and then laugh at him when he's murdered by jilted supporters.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

"no you see I was only PRETENDING to be a big piece of poo poo for my entire life, and it was for the sake of losing an election.... but wait, a bunch of you idiots still gladly and zealously supported me and voted for me despite all of that, so maybe the problem is America?"

michael moore is a stupid rear end in a top hat, by the way

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I am going to give you a scenario. Given this scenario I want to know how you would feel about one Donald "Bigly" Trump.

It's 1:30 in the morning on November 9th. The Dems have over 400 electoral votes, a senate majority, and are threatening the House. Trump goes on stage and everyone grins anticipating a meltdown for the ages.

But he doesn't.

Instead he is smug, vindictive and gloating. He presents incontrovertible proof that he was trying to throw the election and sabotage the GOP from day one. He has correspondence with his spawn kids dating back 18 months discussing how best to discredit his supporters and party. He has evidence of him leaking damaging stories regarding Republican Senators and himself at the most devastating moments. He even has letters discussing how his creepy snake song he sings at his rallies is actually all about him - and how the Republican party knew he was a con from the beginning.

That said, he used every one of his personal flaws, magnified them and trumpeted them, as a personal favor to his good friend Bill Clinton (Even in this fantasy world it wouldn't be for Hillary). He spends about seventy minutes on live TV mocking GOP leadership and his own supporters in the audience for their idiotic hypocrisy until a gaggle of Kentuckians bumrush the broadcasters and take out the cameras.

i'm glad trump spent money in cuba. free trade b*tch

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Trump rips off his mask to reveal it was Nathan Poe the whole time

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Trump reveals he is, in fact, Smash Mouth, and he eats the eggs.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Fullhouse posted:

michael moore is a stupid rear end in a top hat, by the way

Yeah I agree with him on at least 80% of The Issues but still gently caress Michael Moore.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
he can collect his Best Actor award on his way to rich man's prison for gropey tax evaders

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Harald posted:

about the same

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
I would think a few things:

1. He's a masochist beyond parallel.
2. He must owed Clinton a YUGE favor by dooming his own brand.
3. He must not have been following his marching orders from the Clinton campaign all too well. It's doubtful the Clinton campaign really wants him advocating to his deplorables that Hillary should be locked up or to doubt the results of the election if it isn't in his favor.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

mikemil828 posted:

I would think a few things:

1. He's a masochist beyond parallel.
2. He must owed Clinton a YUGE favor by dooming his own brand.
3. He must not have been following his marching orders from the Clinton campaign all too well. It's doubtful the Clinton campaign really wants him advocating to his deplorables that Hillary should be locked up or to doubt the results of the election if it isn't in his favor.

Trump was Bill's last wish on the ol monkey's paw.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Groper posted:

Trump was Bill's last wish on the ol monkey's paw.

That's the one. I'm desperate to believe the the 2016 campaign trail was the result of a curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Archenteron posted:

Trump rips off his mask to reveal it was Nathan Poe Andy Kaufman the whole time

• Locked thread