Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Benedict Cumberbatch is my mum's fave actor. I like him too, but man, is she over the moon for him, or what. He of course plays Sherlock Holmes on the BBC series Sherlock. He was also the voice of Smaug in those Hobbit films from a few years back. He's done a bunch of other films too that escape me at the moment.

His new Marvel film Doctor Strange, is out now, and I'm not going to pretend I know anything about it, because I don't read comics.

If you'd like a taste of his sketch-acting abilities, here is a bit he did on Thursday's Jimmy Fallon Experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9Wuzj4k24

Solange recently released her third studio album A Seat at the Table, and the first single was just released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM

Tonight's Vintage is even more aged than last week's Tracy Morgan joint from last October: Larry David with The 1975 from February 2016.

Monday night at 10/9c will be a one-hour SNL Election Special, replaying the debate sketches you watched last month, and the Larry David Bernie Sanders bits you saw on last week's Vintage and will see on tonight's Vintage. So if you just can't get enough of debate re-enactments, be sure to tune in.

Next week: Dave motherfucking Chappelle with A Tribe Called Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Basically,

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love they've looked through the parallel universe archives and found the best episode of the 90s/00s that never happened over here.
You already know who Dave Chappelle is. A Tribe Called Quest is a classic hip/hop group that recently re-united to record their first record in 18 years, We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service, which is also their last album. From The Verge:

quote:

When A Tribe Called Quest reunited to perform on The Tonight Show last fall, the group — Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Jarobi White, and Phife Dawg — couldn’t know what 2016 would bring. They were pioneers returned from hip-hop’s golden age, but not prophets. They couldn’t see Donald Trump taking the White House. They couldn’t see the rise of the alt-right as a significant corner of the electorate. And no one could foresee the personal tragedy the group would face: Phife Dawg’s too-soon death from diabetes.

One year later, we have President-elect Trump and an ascendent alt-right, but we also have We got it from Here… Thank You 4 Your service, ATCQ’s first album in 18 years and also its last. It’s an album that celebrates the group’s past and looks consciously towards to future. It also honors the memory of Phife Dawg himself, who gave the record its title. But most of all, it’s a powerful protest album from start to finish, whose force is only heightened by the result of this past Election Day.

There’s a clear revolutionary thread running through the entire album, as it addresses racism, sexism, the media, police violence, and the need to resist. Trump needn’t have won the election for the album to feel essential. Living in America over the last few years has lain the country’s cultural sickness bare. But an empowered Donald Trump only makes the album’s message more potent.

SNL couldn't have booked a more appropriate host and band for this, the first show of Trump Year 1.

:sigh:

I don't know who will playing... President... Trump this week, if Baldwin will be back, or what. Ugh

Tonight's Vintage is still pretty recent, though not as fresh as the past couple eps. Jennifer Lawrence with The Lumineers, from January 19 2013.

Next week: Kristen Wiig with The xx.

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 13, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kristen Wiig is back for her second time hosting, after her 2013 turn. Her last film, Masterminds, a Lorne Michaels joint, came out in September to lukewarm reception. I guess she's just hosting for shits and giggles. Also Alec Baldwin will return tonight, though he's indicated that he doesn't intend to continue playing Trump much longer.

The xx are an indie pop band from England. They have songs and albums to their credit. Their new album, I See You, comes out in January; the first single was dropped last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

TONIGHT THE VINTAGE IS ANOTHER REAL CLASSIC OLD EPISODE. MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY WITH ADELE FROM 2014 WOW MUCH VINTAGE

Wednesday at 9/8c is this year's Thanksgiving special. Next week is a repeat. SNL returns live December 3rd with B1A4 and MAMAMOO... wait, no, that's SNL Korea. SNL Trumpmerica TBA, expect it to be announced live on-air tonight.

pwn fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 19, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

Ack, I got the day wrong in the title. Curses!!

pwn
May 27, 2004

thoughts:

- Maybe Church Lady always should have been an 'Update' piece? That worked better than most Church Chat sketches.

- In my 24 years of watching this dumb show, I've never seen a plea to vote like at the end of the cold open.

- I don't care if South Park did it, I'm glad Not South Park has now done the backwards toilet gag.

- Cubs own, their cameos owned, Bill Murray owns

Great show overall, 4 out of 5 somethings.

Here's a peek at the hair and makeup at SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhTsS8JdgQ

pwn
May 27, 2004

Chappelle promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TjrmEAVLcA

pwn
May 27, 2004

Basically,

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love they've looked through the parallel universe archives and found the best episode of the 90s/00s that never happened over here.
You already know who Dave Chappelle is. A Tribe Called Quest is a classic hip/hop group that recently re-united to record their first record in 18 years, We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service, which is also their last album. From The Verge:

quote:

When A Tribe Called Quest reunited to perform on The Tonight Show last fall, the group — Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Jarobi White, and Phife Dawg — couldn’t know what 2016 would bring. They were pioneers returned from hip-hop’s golden age, but not prophets. They couldn’t see Donald Trump taking the White House. They couldn’t see the rise of the alt-right as a significant corner of the electorate. And no one could foresee the personal tragedy the group would face: Phife Dawg’s too-soon death from diabetes.

One year later, we have President-elect Trump and an ascendent alt-right, but we also have We got it from Here… Thank You 4 Your service, ATCQ’s first album in 18 years and also its last. It’s an album that celebrates the group’s past and looks consciously towards to future. It also honors the memory of Phife Dawg himself, who gave the record its title. But most of all, it’s a powerful protest album from start to finish, whose force is only heightened by the result of this past Election Day.

There’s a clear revolutionary thread running through the entire album, as it addresses racism, sexism, the media, police violence, and the need to resist. Trump needn’t have won the election for the album to feel essential. Living in America over the last few years has lain the country’s cultural sickness bare. But an empowered Donald Trump only makes the album’s message more potent.

SNL couldn't have booked a more appropriate host and band for this, the first show of Trump Year 1.

:sigh:

I don't know who will playing... President... Trump this week, if Baldwin will be back, or what. Ugh

Tonight's Vintage is still pretty recent, though not as fresh as the past couple eps. Jennifer Lawrence with The Lumineers, from January 19 2013.

Next week: Kristen Wiig with The xx.

pwn
May 27, 2004

gently caress.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hillary postmortem coming up.

pwn
May 27, 2004

That was a really, really, really well-executed sketch.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Dave coppin a smoke on home base?

pwn
May 27, 2004

As someone who has never seen The Walking Dead or Chappelle's Show... I thoroughly enjoyed that

pwn
May 27, 2004

I am finding catharsis in tonight's show

pwn
May 27, 2004

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

The audio has been cutting out right and left for me on this episode, at first I was thinking maybe censors since it's Chappelle tonight? Is anyone else experiencing this?
No dropouts here

Also

Aliquid posted:

this is a once-in-a-decade episode

pwn
May 27, 2004

THIS IS MY FIGH

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh thank god I was flashing back the Chris Rock ep

pwn
May 27, 2004

Live from New York, you can kiss my rear end

pwn
May 27, 2004

"Pussy's their cat."
"Noooo"

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh my god, if the 12:55 sketch is on at 12:32, what is coming later

pwn
May 27, 2004

Democratic Pirate posted:

What the gently caress am I watching
One of the top ten SNLs of all time

pwn
May 27, 2004

raditts posted:

Only top 10? I don't wanna jinx it but this episode has been rating 100% for me so far.
It's right up with Steve Martin/Blues Brothers from 1978

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh my god

pwn
May 27, 2004

A perfect episode. With two band shots and (nearly) complete credits to boot.

Amazing

pwn
May 27, 2004

SNL afterparty was lit

Chappelle singing "Creep" (shot by ?uestlove)

AV Club grade: A

pwn fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 14, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

It has to suck to feel physical pain where others feel emotions.

I noticed the feeling of post-national tragedy in all the late night shows last week. If you think it's overreacting, I envy your optimism.

pwn fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 15, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

More Chappelle SNL? What a bonus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jz1OqnQe5Q

And a cute promo for this week's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozmR5_df_c

pwn
May 27, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I've applied to the SNL lottery for 3 years now, and I never really expected to get tickets. Just got an email from NBC, i'm going to the December 3rd taping!
Nice! Dress or air?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kristen Wiig is back for her second time hosting, after her 2013 turn. Her last film, Masterminds, a Lorne Michaels joint, came out in September to lukewarm reception. I guess she's just hosting for shits and giggles. Also Alec Baldwin will return tonight, though he's indicated that he doesn't intend to continue playing Trump much longer.

The xx are an indie pop band from England. They have songs and albums to their credit. Their new album, I See You, comes out in January; the first single was dropped last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

TONIGHT THE VINTAGE IS ANOTHER REAL CLASSIC OLD EPISODE. MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY WITH ADELE FROM 2015 WOW MUCH VINTAGE

Wednesday at 9/8c is this year's Thanksgiving special. Next week is a repeat. SNL returns live December 3rd with B1A4 and MAMAMOO... wait, no, that's SNL Korea. SNL Trumpmerica TBA, expect it to be announced live on-air tonight.

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 20, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

that mcsweeney's joke

pwn
May 27, 2004

Very forward-thinking of the Secret Word producers to shoot the show in color widescreen high definition 52 years ago

pwn
May 27, 2004

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

lol she's gonna say the word.
HOW DID YOU KNOW, SOOTHSAYER

pwn
May 27, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Air. Now let's hope it's not a terrible host/musical guest.
Do you like Shawn Mendes?

pwn
May 27, 2004

On screen: 5 people who made funny with Donald Trump a year ago

pwn
May 27, 2004

TJ Maxx: Who On Earth Is Dying To Get Into TJ Maxx On Black Friday?

pwn
May 27, 2004

He's a Himalayan, because you'll find him a-layin' on your couch :)

pwn
May 27, 2004

My summary is accurate

pwn posted:

The xx are an indie pop band from England. They have songs and albums to their credit.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Haha you thought you were safe, that you'd made it through the show without Sue

lol

pwn
May 27, 2004

Knormal posted:

I'm very disappointed they had Will Forte and Kristen Wiig there and we didn't get a Gilly sketch.

Yeah I said it, gently caress the rest of you.
Maybe they'll put a dress cut on YouTube this week? :shrug:

pwn
May 27, 2004

Not Gilly, but it's a cut sketch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rBY9coqpFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004