Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

sassassin posted:

Try an American manager, two American owners and an ex-Arsenal goalkeeping coach.

It's bad.

I'm so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Here's a really nice article by Henrikh Mkhitaryan about his life and stuff :shobon:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/henrikh-mkhitaryan-manchester-united-zidane-kaka-and-hamlet/

His father was named Hamlet Mkhitaryan and he wasn't even the only Armenian professional footballer with that name. :monocle:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

sassassin posted:

The kids team lost and the draws were against Big Teams.

Check your top 4 privilege and stop whining about nothing. Other teams have things far worse, you know.

big teams like boro?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

big teams like boro?

I think at least 1 poster on these troll free boards would give you a reason for why Boro is bigger than Chelsea and Man City

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Not since Viduka left

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Byolante posted:

I think at least 1 poster on these troll free boards would give you a reason for why Boro is bigger than Chelsea and Man City

won a trophy more recently than spurs.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

won a trophy more recently than spurs.

Lost the same number of European finals as Arsenal?

Ha, the same number of years has elapsed since Arsenal or Boro last appeared in the semi final or final of a major European competition, if memory serves Arsenal haven't been past the last 8 since then?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Here's a really nice article by Henrikh Mkhitaryan about his life and stuff :shobon:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/henrikh-mkhitaryan-manchester-united-zidane-kaka-and-hamlet/

Mkhitaryan is a legit cool and good dude and I really hope Mourinho gives him the chance he deserves. He's seemed really good in his limited playtime, so I hope there's more to come.

E: that was a really good read!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 2, 2016

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Mkhitaryan is a legit cool and good dude and I really hope Mourinho gives him the chance he deserves. He's seemed really good in his limited playtime, so I hope there's more to come.

E: that was a really good read!

United haven't had a player with his audacity and ability to try things and create things since Ronaldo left.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

United haven't had a player with his audacity and ability to try things and create things since Ronaldo left.

This is a bit OTT

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah didn't you see the Valencia back heel the other day or does that not count cause he's black?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you all support a bunch of nonces

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is a bit OTT
It is

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Empress Brosephine posted:

you all support a bunch of nonces
:gaz:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is a bit OTT

Ok fine, since Cantona left.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
A Mkhitaryan or a Ronaldo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Cant believe Ninpo forgot Nani, Bebe & Memphis Depay. Embarrassing for him

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmmmm there's something common about all those players hmmmm

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

We'll be above Man Utd on Monday imo

Pulis is better than Mourinho

Also loving this new monthly thread which we apparently didn't need

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know wtf is serious or trolling anymore. Mkhitaryan is obviously a better player than Depay/Nani/Bebe and I didn't say he was AS GOOD AS Ronaldo, but it's been a while since I've seen a United player constantly trying to make things happen and trying cheeky flicks and tricks and them leading to chances.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Here's a hint Ninpo: Just because a poster is taking the piss out of United doesn't mean he's trolling.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Ninpo posted:

A Mkhitaryan, januzaj or ronaldo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

I don't know wtf is serious or trolling anymore. Mkhitaryan is obviously a better player than Depay/Nani/Bebe and I didn't say he was AS GOOD AS Ronaldo, but it's been a while since I've seen a United player constantly trying to make things happen and trying cheeky flicks and tricks and them leading to chances.

All of my posts are 100% serious

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Cant believe Ninpo forgot Nani, Bebe & Memphis Depay. Embarrassing for him

Can't believe he forgot Januzaj, smh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

brocked posted:

Not since Viduka left

Miss the big Viduka

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Micky Ryan sounds like a top top player. Maybe Mourinho should play him before the 70th minute sometime.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ninpo posted:

Lmao if you're a player who has so little skill that you have to try in order to win.

EvilHawk posted:

(assuming Liverpool also win)

Hmm. A clinical Liverpool seizing an opportunity? Tell me more.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Mkhitaryan is obviously AS GOOD AS Ronaldo, but it's been a while since I've seen a United player constantly trying to make things happen and trying cheeky flicks and tricks and them leading to chances.

Wow loving hell, how about some effusive praise for your Captain?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckin hell can't I be happy about one of our new signings now that he's finally had a few matches and shown with some effect the reasons he was bought? I've written plenty of :words: about Rooney still having quality while everyone else was emptyquoting people saying he was fat and past it.

This dogpile is loving weird.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ninpo posted:

Fuckin hell can't I be happy about one of our new signings now that he's finally had a few matches and shown with some effect the reasons he was bought?

No

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Fuckin hell can't I be happy about one of our new signings now that he's finally had a few matches and shown with some effect the reasons he was bought?

The way you worded your post sounded really weird and fanboyish, Ninpo.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

Fuckin hell can't I be happy about one of our new signings now that he's finally had a few matches and shown with some effect the reasons he was bought? I've written plenty of :words: about Rooney still having quality while everyone else was emptyquoting people saying he was fat and past it.

This dogpile is loving weird.

You were a bit ott and sounded like the Liverpool fans often do tbh. You compared him to a guy we sold for what was a world record fee at the time and has gone on to be one of the top two players in the world.

I missed the first goal on Wednesday but I didnt think he was that impressive, he still looks a bit weak at times and not to the pace. He was rubbish off the bench. I couldnt believe he got Man of the Match over Rooney.

Also on Rooney he's been awful for ages, and still had some little moments of that in a great performance, so I wouldnt be counting chickens yet.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

You were a bit ott and sounded like the Liverpool fans often do tbh. You compared him to a guy we sold for what was a world record fee at the time and has gone on to be one of the top two players in the world.

I missed the first goal on Wednesday but I didnt think he was that impressive, he still looks a bit weak at times and not to the pace. He was rubbish off the bench. I couldnt believe he got Man of the Match over Rooney.

Also on Rooney he's been awful for ages, and still had some little moments of that in a great performance, so I wouldnt be counting chickens yet.

Mkhitaryan might be good but he's no Ben Woodburn imo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
united need better than Mkhitaryan if they want to be contenders for that coveted 4th place trphy imho

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
or maybe Mkhitaryan is good enough for the top 4, and mourinho is bad? :shrug: who's to say

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ninpo has become United's Ewar Woowar.

*In EW voice* "Firmino has really grown into the EPL, something which I attribute to an increased intake in fibre that I found out about after somebody sent his trash to my home in NZ for analysis"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ninpo posted:

Lost the same number of European finals as Arsenal?

And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Nayim

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Miss the big Viduka

same op,

also I think boro are going to beat hull a whole bunch on monday and Carra is gona make a face.

Turns out Alvaro Negredo is insanely good, along with gaston ramirez and victor valdes, who would've thought.

UnlimitedSpessmans fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 2, 2016

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Viduka was kinda poo poo for Newcastle but I remember Keegan playing him, Owen and Martins together and it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FullLeatherJacket posted:

And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Nayim

Oops, I thought that was a semi

• Locked thread