Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I have nothing against liberals but many of the radioshows/podcasts that I enjoy are delving into super liberal territory. What is going on right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hosed up op. :glomp:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wizgot posted:

I have nothing against liberals but many of the radioshows/podcasts that I enjoy are delving into super liberal territory. What is going on right now?

if all the things you like are liberal you are probably a liberal yourself

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my piss stinks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

im losing my patience with my fellow americans misusing hte word liberal to describe anything from the center-right ideology it really is to the center/progressive left and the actual left wing of political thought that is just as opposed to liberalism as conservatives are. Please correct your vocabulary OP thanks.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
If you're listening to a podcast on any topic other than angry yelling, odds are good that the person making it is a liberal.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

basic hitler posted:

im losing my patience with my fellow americans misusing hte word liberal to describe anything from the center-right ideology it really is to the center/progressive left and the actual left wing of political thought that is just as opposed to liberalism as conservatives are. Please correct your vocabulary OP thanks.

Can anybody parse what the gently caress this guy is saying?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
which podcasts op

they're probably good

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

basic hitler posted:

same

word filter suggestion for liberal:

my left wing identity was turned into a meme by idiots

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
I'd listen to an audiobook version of Freep

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

FedEx Mercury posted:

liberal is supposed to describe pretty specific center-right ideology, and when dumbasses use it to describe that + anything left of center it stops meaning anything. The rest of the world knows this.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
hosed up if true op

Very carefully, op

Oh well then you had better catch it op

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I don't think conservatives can figure podcasts out yet.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Wizgot posted:

do you need a hug you whiny bitch?

im hugging you and i just called you a whiny bitch. now you feel really weird

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Could you been more specific, like what podcasts do you listen to.

Their are practically millions now.

The church of what's happening now only preaches, " if you ain't high by two pm then go gently caress yourself"

So go gently caress yourself?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its super trendy rn to just sit there and hand wring and make up names like "koolaid president man" and "orange carrot president" to attempt to slander the president-elect instead of acknowledging some responsibility for the situation,organizing a resistance and formulating actual opposition to his '"'retardation'"' and '''' bad policy'''

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I listen to a medical history podcast and the episode that came after the election they were like, "sorry this is late, but everything is terrible and we can't make jokes" and I was like, you guys do a podcast about people eating mummies

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FedEx Mercury posted:

"please stop assuming my ideology"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"ugh we should disenfranchise and starve out the worthless trash people in the flyovers. Also, fascism is bad" --hollywood these days

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
"blue cheese or go gently caress your mother"

-Joey "CoCo" Diaz
The Church of What's Happening Now

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

American Liberal or Actual Liberal?

Edit: Oh wait, my Canadian Liberal government is currently loving sucking, I have no room to talk

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: Oh wait, my Canadian Liberal government is currently loving sucking, I have no room to talk

fuckers better legalize weed next year

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

american liberal is losing all meaning and i'm glad.

here's the break down:

there's small government libertarian conservatism

reactionary white supremacist nationalism / reactionary tumblr identity politics trevor noah liberalism (there is a dialectical relationship between these two)

Leftism - which comprises civil rights movements, anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism, etc.

the first and last sometimes bleed into the middle section, which are really two sides of one coin

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

"ugh we should disenfranchise and starve out the worthless trash people in the flyovers. Also, fascism is bad" --hollywood these days

they're right tho nuke the midwest

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

professor shark will you marry me so i can move to canada? i promise you dont have to touch me

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit

Wizgot posted:

if you're tired of shitlibbery on your podcasts, give a listen to The Daily Shoah on therightstuff.biz

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
I really like a lot of NPR podcast but holy poo poo, the months preceding up to the election it was getting sooooo bad. So much poo poo on why Hillary ain't so bad, and why Donald is the ultimate evil, I know they've never been shy about showing their bias but they went whole hog!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

"ugh guys i can usually close myself in a media bubble of opinions i agree with but those darn podcasts arent retard-friendly enough for me. DAAAAARN IT"

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Wizgot posted:

This is true. The Laser Time network podcasts talk about politics all the time now, The Slate Culture Gabfest people are crying and pissing themselves all the time about politics, etc. But I think what's happening is just that the people making those podcasts have always been liberal but they just didn't talk about politics much. But the upcoming Trump shogunate has them shocked and scared, so they're all talking about politics now because they're thinking about it constantly.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

A misanthrope posted:

"ugh guys i can usually close myself in a media bubble of opinions i agree with but those darn podcasts arent retard-friendly enough for me. DAAAAARN IT"

Yeah, but liberals never close themselves off in a media bubble.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

stop listening to lame nerdcasts and listen to cool podcasts like Uhh Yeah Dude

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

Yeah, but liberals never close themselves off in a media bubble.

they do, but now that facts and science are considered "liberal lies" you get called biased just for telling or seeking the truth

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I just want to let this thread know that I reshared EVERYTHING about the dakota access pipeline on facebook for the last month and NOW I HAVE WON. Share those podcasts and make a difference in this world op

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
what bothers me isnt that media and entertainment are left leaning currently (they are) but it seems a lot of people cant be bothered to have an opinion so they just repeat whatever headline they read on the atlantic or the daily show. its okay to be progressive or conservative but maybe have a reason for it based on a good understanding of whats actually happening?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think starve the beast worked or something. how else are people this loving retarded today.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RaceBannon posted:

what bothers me isnt that media and entertainment are left leaning currently (they are) but it seems a lot of people cant be bothered to have an opinion so they just repeat whatever headline they read on the atlantic or the daily show. its okay to be progressive or conservative but maybe have a reason for it based on a good understanding of whats actually happening?

dude dont even talk about people not bothering to do research after this whole fake news fiasco.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i only listen to podcasts about romans or nerd board games. i have not noticed any particular liberalism creeping in lately

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
those goddamn liberal yahoos, they're trying to take me guns

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Podcasts are getting super liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS