Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw
Im like the Batman bro

can't wait for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Noice

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
nice meltdown op.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

nice meltdown op.

You know what? I'm not even gonna feed the troll anymore. That's it buddy, I'm gonna live my life and NOT pay any attention to your dum rear end! I'm a
Spiritual being and I shine light upon the world ! 🌎✨

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Another comic book movie? No thanks.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's nothing funny about comic books. :colbert:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

They are really chasing Marvel so hard they made Cyborg into Iron Man

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Only took them four years to catch up to Marvel.

Still, it looks mediocre enough to watch.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This movie will be one of the dumbest and rushed things in history, completely retarded at every level because it's a hacked together cash grab which is a huge mess.

CineD will defend it as a modern day Citizen Kane and it will make a billion dollars, lining up 5 sequels Avatar style.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

look at all the weird post production on this dumbass ugly movie

why do DC movies always insist on these dark gloomy mountain scenes and poo poo?

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

darth_pizza posted:

They are really chasing Marvel so hard they made Cyborg into Iron Man

That was literally the first and only question my wife asked when I made her watch that trailer. "Is that Iron Man?"

Of course I had to :sever: because she apparently doesn't know the difference between DC and Marvel :ughh:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Space Crabs posted:

CineD will defend it as a modern day Citizen Kane

*backstroking in a swimming pool of my own piss* Detractors rightly recognize Cyborg as mimicking the Iron Man role, but miss that by filling the role of the progenitor of super hero films' cinematic revival (and a Randian hero at that) with a black man,

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i'm the blue filter

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
DC's approach to Lex Luthor in the last one:

"Heath Ledger's Joker was well received, lets just play Luthor as Joker and no one will be the wiser. "

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CW DC stuff is running circles around the cinematic garbage. Blows my mind.

Martin Luther Kink
Oct 17, 2004
Barroom Hero
Looks bat Todd

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Gurf?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Ice Blue Mink posted:

That was literally the first and only question my wife asked when I made her watch that trailer. "Is that Iron Man?"

Of course I had to :sever: because she apparently doesn't know the difference between DC and Marvel :ughh:

How do you even get an erection knowing this about your wife ??

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
It's gonna suck butts op.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Orange chicks, eh thread?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also looking forward to Ghost in the Shell :downs:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Also looking forward to Ghost in the Shell :downs:

You idiot. You idiot goddamned monster.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I'm really not understanding how you can watch that new trailer for Justice League and take away that they've done anything remotely different to the last 3 DC movies which turned out to be shitshows.

At least the Wonder Woman movie looks like they tried something new

Serak fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 26, 2017

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Zach Snyder's hands are comprised of taint webbing and scrotum skin, and turns everything they touch into disease infested pus

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Is aquaman the hulk in this one?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Every colour is dark, black, blue or grey. Even the snow is grey.

Zack Shynder strikes again I guess. Looks like it's going to be another bomb.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
if nothing else i expect the action to be good. that was the best bit of snyder's other two dc films, particularly in man of steel when the two kryptonians wreck the us military.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Another movie where the superheroes fight the dark, gritty environments boss?

Superman is going to show up in this one with a really big grim frown in this movie The same look all your family and friends will have if you drag them to this 2+ hour shitshow.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm sure it'll be fun to watch.

I don't know why people try to hold superhero movies to some lofty standard. lol it's about superheroes smashing into other superfolks, do people really expect high art?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Khal drogo fucks a porpoise or I'm out

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How do you even get an erection knowing this about your wife ??

My wife and I have, honest to God not making poo poo up, not had sex in like 4-5 months. Coincidentally near the time we watched Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad on Bluray

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Honky Dong Country posted:

I don't know why people try to hold superhero movies to some lofty standard. lol it's about superheroes smashing into other superfolks, do people really expect high art?

No-one is trying to hold superhero movies to a lofty standard.

It's just that all of DC's recent superhero movies have been pretty objectively bad superhero movies (based on RT score if nothing else) and this one has the same writer, director, stars and, looking at the trailer, aesthetic and tone of those movies.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i think this kind of reasoning applies to Marvel, who are making stupid movies that are fun to watch about superheroes smashing into other superfolks.

DC is the company that is obviously jealous and trying to copy them, so on top of their movies being a dumb premise, they are made even shittier than you would think and the desperation and creative bankruptcy can leave you feeling uneasy.

Like, I can watch the hulk punch a big space lizard. But then Harley Quinn stretching her rear end in front of the camera after 10 straight pop songs is just kind of.....insulting I guess?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ice Blue Mink posted:

My wife and I have, honest to God not making poo poo up, not had sex in like 4-5 months. Coincidentally near the time we watched Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad on Bluray

Yah that's....no.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
I mean, they "killed" Superman and literally did nothing with it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Ice Blue Mink posted:

I mean, they "killed" Superman and literally did nothing with it.

Oh yeah

Im sure he's "super" dead *wink*

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

"this super hero movie isn't high art" is a disappointment nobody has ever expressed
the disappointment expressed in batman v superman was that it sucked

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
These posters were released by the studios on the same day. Based on this alone, which one looks like the more interesting movie:

(Hint: Somehow it's still the one that is the third reboot of a franchise in the last decade and a half)

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh yeah

Cavill has a mullet at the end of this movie or no sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh yeah

We have made enough money. Please don't ask for any more.

• Locked thread