Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm-5HwIR7hM

- IT'S STARTED, torrent it now. check out this guy he is the best character:

/!\fargo season 3 MEAGTHREAD?1\:airquote: :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good show

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see you in hte goldmine, both seasons of fargo are some of the best tv ever made

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Is that Billy Bob? Why is he so skinny? Is he in this show? He is quite slight.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fargo good

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I.C. posted:

Is that Billy Bob? Why is he so skinny? Is he in this show? He is quite slight.

hes in the first season, its excellent. really excellent.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
is this what you want lester

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

seasons 1 and 2 were great but many great 2 serason shows have hosed it all up on season 3 so lets not get ahead of ourselves

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
On the basis of that opener, as long as Nikki and Ray get away with everything and one day make it to the Bridge championship, I don't care what happens to any of the other characters.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Season 2 was even better than Season 1 and I'm scared the quality can't possibly keep increasing like this or it'll blow a hole in the universe.

Still can't quite decide how I feel about the poo poo with the aliens though.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Season 2 was god awful, especially compared to 1.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

paul_soccer10 posted:

check out this guy he is the best character

oooo so spooky, he has bad teeth and ENGLISH he must be the DEVIL

idk about this season yet paul soccer

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I thought season 2 was fantastic. I liked the way the characters connected to season 1 and told a different kind of story. It's great how Fargo manages to be an homage to pretty much every Cohen Brother's film at the same time. I particularly like the ending for the head gangster who wanted to be "crowned King" and ends up working in a lovely admin job.

Season 1 is hard to beat though. It had the benefit of originality alongside great actors and a tight rear end script with some amazing set pieces.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Does anybody that's listened to This Americna life or Radiolab that's seen season 2 remember something

in the last episode, Minnesota dude tells his story about vietnam and the helicopter event. That happened and was featured on one of those podcasts, they interviewed the son of the pilot who I believe was the actual thrown-baby.

THEN, at the end of that same episode, Danson dude talks about how he's making a new language: this also had an entire episode dedicated to it about some guy from germany that survived the holocaust or something and came up with ħís own language if i remember correctly? They first started to use it in homes for disabled kids and then it spread..

i swear they were like two episodes apart, did they just straight up rip that off cause they thought they sounded like interesting back stories?

anyway

i'm saving S3 to watch with my abusive gf

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

nevermind, Here's the guy that wrote his own language:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/257194-man-became-bliss/

here's the helicopter thing

http://www.radiolab.org/story/91929-helicopter-boy/

see, now just what in the world!!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

paul_soccer10 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm-5HwIR7hM

- IT'S STARTED, torrent it now. check out this guy he is the best character:

/!\fargo season 3 MEAGTHREAD?1\:airquote: :peanut:

that guy is the best. I can never tell if he's sleepy, condescending or a just an idiot. which is how I roll in real life too :shittydog:

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

also in season 2, i like how when the mom is dreaming of the future with wal-marts and game boys she also seems to dream of Bob from Twin Peaks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fargo is the best thing on TV by a mile and is better than any recent serialized drama.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a new study bible! posted:

Fargo is the best thing on TV by a mile and is better than any recent serialized drama.

Even the ads they ran for this season of Fargo were all really good

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

It took me several hours of sobering up to realize I didn't fall asleep stoned in the 2nd season and there actually was a goddamned UFO for no loving reason at all in the middle of an episode.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

There's an old Jon Dore joke about his dream project - making a beautiful and tragic work of art like Schindler's List, and then halfway in the middle of the film having Oskar Schindler look out on the factory floor of the Jews he is saving. He takes a drag off a cigarette, and then he moves an ashtray on his desk towards himself using telekinetic powers. The movie continues without any mention of this because the director's ultimate goal is to frustrate people and waste their time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I didn't see season two but I was lightweight interested to see what happened in the 70's that everybody kept mysteriously alluding to, but tbh season one was kind of dumb?
there was a lot of over-the-top set pieces and coincidences that existed more for dramatic convenience than the coens' approach of coincidence just sort of being an inconvenient facet of reality that intrudes impartially on the plans of the villainous and virtuous alike. breaking bad suffered from a similar "momentist" approach to narrative, where getting to the Thing that Happens is more important than whether it's narratively justified or serves the story and characters. like, oh, looks like billy bob just killed the entire mafia because he's just a loving superhuman badass murdering with complete impunity? takes care of that narrative thread, I guess. and it... rains fish right as the religious crime boss's son dies in a car crash, am I remembering that right?

so yeah idk.
does it sound like I should watch season two, or am I like an elitist out of touch culture snob? (I liked the wire)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

blue ruin the movie is basically a better fargo season 2, but fargo is still pretty good

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's soooooo goooooood.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

have you seen the spice network's hit drama "Creaming Tight Amateurs 12"? Or its MTV sequel "Teen Mom"? They're both pretty good.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Season 1 was some mint TV. I was a bit on the fence re the first EP of this new season until oldmate got stone murked by the aircon.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

check out this bad motherfucker

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Oh cool thanks for the notice! I really enjoyed both previous seasons

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im gonna watch the heck out of this

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Leftovers is the best thing on TV but Fargo is really good.

NetflixAndRichHill
May 11, 2017

The Walrus posted:

is this what you want lester

He's been a bad boy

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Season 2 was maybe the coolest, but at least season 3 had

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
not being able to set off motion sensors is kind of a weird character trait... according to the simpsons it means she has no soul!!!

shut up netface posted:

Season 2 was maybe the coolest, but at least season 3 had

hoping to catch charlie day in season 4

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

paul_soccer10 posted:

check out this guy he is the best character:

We are spoiled to have this shore bird looking sumbitch AND the return of Billy Bob on the same teevee. Dude does the best evil british gangster monologues since Brick Top.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

check out this bad motherfucker

she has such a dopey face

Asphyxiaustion
Dec 12, 2006

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
Lupe there it is!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

paul_soccer10 posted:

see you in hte goldmine, both seasons of fargo are some of the best tv ever made

yep, you can pedo your way into the goldmine

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818900&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post471881558

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Maybe Archer can get Gloria to come over to his show for a guest appearance and help him handle Barry. Because she's invisible to machines and all ya know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This show is real good

• Locked thread