Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The ever-reliable Daily Mail posted:

United Airlines faces fresh controversy today after a 'fit and healthy' giant rabbit expected to become the world's biggest died suddenly on one of its planes.

Simon, a ten-month-old 3ft continental giant rabbit expected to weigh more than 2st 5lbs when fully grown, was bought by a mystery US celebrity buyer who paid more than £2,000 to fly him from Heathrow to Chicago.

Had he lived Simon was expected to outgrow the world's biggest rabbit - his 4ft 4in father Darius.

But his devastated owner Annette Edwards from Stoulton in Worcester claims he died in the cargo hold of United Airlines flight from Heathrow Airport to Chicago on April 19.

United told Annette, a breeder of large rabbits and former Playboy model, survived the flight but died when being held in a storage room in O'Hare International Airport.

The row over Simon's mysterious death came weeks after passenger Dr David Dao was filmed being beaten and dragged off a United Express flight sparked widespread outrage.

This is definitely worth a thread for sure because we don't have a current events forum and this is a very current event from yesterday!

The rabbit:

When I saw the picture in the article of the breeder with the dad rabbit I instantly remembered the face from many giant rabbit memes, turns out she's a former Playboy model who now breeds really giant rabbits. I was amazed to see that the world's potentially new largest rabbit cost less than its airfare, and went to a mysterious CELEBRITY BUYER.

The rabbit's proud father and breeder:

See what I mean about one of those people you don't even realize you'd recognize? I wonder how healthy these giant rabbits are in general? Are rabbits meant to be this big?

Daily Mail bonus points posted:

Ms Edwards previously hit the headlines after she spent some £10,000 on plastic surgery to transform herself into a real-life Jessica Rabbit.

She spent thousands to look like the Who Killed Roger Rabbit? film character after a life dedicated to the creatures.

The great-grandmother from Worcester - who has ten children of her own - went under the knife in London for a series of operations at a clinic in the capital's famous Harley Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Couldn't be bothered to work in a playboy bunny crack, op?
Lazy, sloppy threadmaking. 1/5

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

I was on a plane once and the driver guy let me sit in his chair but then he peed on me

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

Couldn't be bothered to work in a playboy bunny crack, op?
Lazy, sloppy threadmaking. 1/5

I forgot a tag too :(

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I love rabbits this is mine, shes a sweetie (to me and my gf, otherwise v mean watch out!!)

her name is Gracie

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

looks like a good rabbit

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wanna eat that prey

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Voted :five: for best ever thread title

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Rabbits are pretty cute, and they're better pets than rodents.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Rabbits are pretty cute, and they're better pets than rodents.

They're a lot more high effort than guinea pigs but functionally identical imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

shovelbum posted:

They're a lot more high effort than guinea pigs but functionally identical imo

Guinea pigs smell worse and make that HORRIBLE chirping sound.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Guinea pigs smell worse and make that HORRIBLE chirping sound.

Aw but they go GWEEEEEEE GWWWEEEEEE when you open the fridge because they know where their veggies come from

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hate that part.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chicago Aviation Police are going to say the rabbit committed suicide by cop.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I had them when I was a kid, they lived for like 9 years. We had a really long house though so we didn't have to hear them at night, they lived in the far end.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Rabbis are tards that eat their own poo poo.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

shovelbum posted:

Aw but they go GWEEEEEEE GWWWEEEEEE when you open the fridge because they know where their veggies come from

Why dont you just feed them to the snake quickly if it bothers you so much? Playing with the live bait is kind of messed up

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Why dont you just feed them to the snake quickly if it bothers you so much? Playing with the live bait is kind of messed up

holy moly thats a big snake

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

lol but seriously I posted:

Rabbis are tards that eat their own poo poo.

Legitimate typo, please do not IDF me.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

shovelbum posted:

Groundhogs also do this but it's deeper pitched and louder

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Legitimate typo, please do not IDF me.

its an important part of their digestion process to eat the cecotropes.

they like to eat the little pellet ones cause they can pretend they are pac rabbits wakka wakka wakka wakka

also rabbits are way smarter and more personality filled than a gunea pig, jeez. they are dog cat tier.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

rabbits are awesome because they poop a ton

its a trait i admire

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

The Walrus posted:

they are dog cat tier.

:chloe: A rabbits lifeless eyes reveal nothing but an infinite well of incomprehension and indifference.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

:chloe: A rabbits lifeless eyes reveal nothing but an infinite well of incomprehension and indifference.

if you can't at least see the hatred you've never known a rabbit

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
rabbits are like first in line for convincing automaton-pet replacement.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I cried when we had to give back the lost cat, I cried when my dog died. When my Rabbit died, I felt nothing. There was no connection. There was nothing in there.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I cried when we had to give back the lost cat, I cried when my dog died. When my Rabbit died, I felt nothing. There was no connection. There was nothing in there.

I'm sorry but this is on you not the rabbit. You probably kept it in a cage all the time too. you're a really bad person.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol, just lol at the owner shoving an animal prone to giving itself heart attacks into the cargo hold of a plane

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i have a rabbit and its a lot of fun. weirdly large amount of personality, not quite dog level but not a guinea pig either. more enjoyable to hang out with than a cat. low maintenance. big hit at parties.

10/10 i recommend rabbits

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

The Walrus posted:

I'm sorry but this is on you not the rabbit. You probably kept it in a cage all the time too. you're a really bad person.

It had a huge run, toys (with which it never interacted) and I changed its bedding on the reg. I did my duty by that rabbit, but I did not love her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

so did they toss it out of the plane to make room for a flight attendant's rabbit or what

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

lol, just lol at the owner shoving an animal prone to giving itself heart attacks into the cargo hold of a plane

Yeah do these giant breeds have heart attacks a lot? Idk how big a "normal" rabbit is but this thing has to be like 10x the size of the ones that show up just walking around outside

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
from the article:

:popeye: hubba bubba!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
something wrong with that horse

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

shovelbum posted:

holy moly thats a big snake

But enough about my penis

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can huge rabbits, like, run around and do rabbit things? or do they just get heart attacks and die?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I was trimming some bush in my yard and a baby rabbit was nearby and freaked out so bad when I walked up that it snapped it's own neck and died. Then the daddy rabbit came out and tried attacking me. I got scared and ran inside.

My point is rabbits are dumb and kill themselves over nothing. Why do you think they have so many offspring?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

because they're catholic and don't believe in birth control

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

because they're catholic and don't believe in birth control
grandpa you are outta control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

My point is rabbits are dumb and kill themselves over nothing. Why do you think they have so many offspring?

That's babies not rabbits.

It had a huge run, toys (with which it never interacted) and I changed its bedding on the reg. I did my duty by that rabbit, but I did not love her.

Well I'm glad to hear it. But really you get with rabbits what you put into it. If she was in a run by herself then no you're not going to form much of a bond with her. If you let her run around your apartment and make her a little pillow staircase up to the couch so she can come snuggle up and watch baseball its a different story

• Locked thread