Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech:

EWU - 3:00 game in September in Lubbock? L
ASU - P5 team from another conference? L
@UH - Traveling to Houston? L
OSU - Kliff's not yet 40. L
@KU - Kansas gonna bite some people. L
@WVU - Dana's gonna go monster on us. L
ISU - Has TTU's number. L
@OU - Boomer Sooner L
KSU - Snyder's retirement package. L
BU* - Gonna rape us. L
TCU - Dunno who they got, but it's better than what we got. L
@UT - gently caress the Longhorns. W

Kliff will get a 4 year extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Changing it up, I'm gonna make some bold predictions:

1. Lincoln Riley is going to fall flat on his face and OU will limp to a 7-5 record, good enough to get him fired.

2. Kliff Kingsbury keeps his job after a 7-5 season. A ignominious 2-1 start (falling to EWU but beating ASU and UH) is closed out with a 5-4 conference record that has us feeling OK.

3. Emo is not coaching at Tech in 2018 because he gets a job as an OC at a high P5 paying him > $1 million/year.

4. Joe Robinson and Emmett Jones also move to other positions in the offseason. Joe in a lateral move for more pay and Emmett Jones to a HC position at a low program (UTEP?). Defensive staff stays intact.

5. WVU wins the Big XII conference champ game over OSU, avenging an Oct 28 loss. The champ game loss knocks OSU out of the playoff.

6. Heisman winner comes from the Pac 12. Lamar Jackson comes in 2nd as his team fares better, but his stats aren't as insane as last year.

7. Playoff is USC, Ohio State, Alabama, and 2-loss ACC champ Louisville. Champ is USC over 'bama. 2nd consecutive title game loss causes Saban to pull an Urban Meyer. Winds up at OU after 2 week retirement.

8. Bowl season results are: Pac 12, Big XII, CUSA, MWC, Big Ten, SEC, AAC, MAC, Sun Belt

9. A&M, Tennessee, UCLA, and Nebraska are the other major programs looking for new coaches. There are 15 total openings in a fairly light year.

10. Next offseason's big scandal involves a cover-up at the NCAA organization itself.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Real Name Grover posted:

Trying to be pragmatic as possible in stating this: It would take a 4-win or worse season or some sort of scandal (the latter seems especially unlikely) for Riley to be shown the door. If he gets fired for performance, it won't be at the order of the current AD, Shawn Eichorst, as he'll be gone as well.

There are other ways than performance that a coach can leave a school.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Real Name Grover posted:

... We're talking about Mike Riley here, right?

It's a bold prediction, doesn't have to turn out to be true and if I'm right, I'll look like a genius.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Oh my god we won't even get 3. Holy poo poo get turbofucked Dino Babers.

I can't believe that Tech fans are actually clamoring for Dino Babers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

he's a good coach

Terrible recruiter, though, and not nearly far enough removed from the Briles regime.

• Locked thread