Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

gary oldmans diary posted:

*op wearing a lab coat stomps on a bunch of berries and kicks them into a mud puddle, scrawls notes on clipboard*

Basically.

Update: the liquid has changed from a dark pink/red to almost completely opaque red/black. Still got I dunno ten hours or whatever until it's the arbitrary 24 hour time to filter. Most of the material is obviously still in the plant matter.

I think a soxhlet with the correct non-water solvent would be ideal for this, take a long time, but give incredible yields. With this amount of material I'd need to make something insane like a five gallon version and really pack it in tight. Not in a position to do that this year.

I am concerned that I'll get the same end result as last time though. Hopefully it was the acidic conditions that hosed it up and now it will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
OP I genuinely hope you 'dye', having succeeded in your extraction project

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Live Free or Dye Hard

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Sounds cool OP, I look forward to seeing your results

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Most a pic of the mixture, bitch.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is this the home chemistry thread? My kitchen sink is stained & I have nitroglycerin in my freezer

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

But seriously when are you gonna finish king of dragon pass op

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

myDad posted:

Is this the home chemistry thread? My kitchen sink is stained & I have nitroglycerin in my freezer

It can be. Post your poo poo.

Medieval Medic posted:

Most a pic of the mixture, bitch.

batt too low to operate camera, i'll do it as I filter it later

poverty goat posted:

But seriously when are you gonna finish king of dragon pass op

I have the old computer with it on. We'll see if it boots. I'm gonna read up on the old thread and probably backtrack to just before we started to form a clan.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

myDad posted:

Do you live on space station 13?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I had a video of a test. I put 2 drops of it on a tissue & smashed it with a hammer. It went off like a gunshot, but now I've got a bunch of it that I don't really know what to do with.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
eat a little bit of it

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Frozen to reduce volatility. I'd estimate there's 250mL of it.

Fig 1. Side view of nitroglycerin in container

Fig 2. Top view of nitroglycerin in container

myDad fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 30, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
does the condensation / water ice gently caress with it at all?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

SniperWoreConverse posted:

eat a little bit of it

Nitro is a vasodilator used to treat chest pain :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah so eat a tiny speck and see if it makes you feel different. Maybe it'll give you a chub cause the vasos got dilated

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

does the condensation / water ice gently caress with it at all?

It's kind of oily, so the water separates out a bit when it freezes. I originally washed the product with water, baking soda, and salt in several cold baths to remove some of the excess water & acid

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

yeah so eat a tiny speck and see if it makes you feel different. Maybe it'll give you a chub cause the vasos got dilated

Lmao

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I still have a bunch of acid leftover & will have to see about proper disposal procedures before I move. My idea was short-sighted, but I plan to start a joint project on a small rocket in the future using a double-base fuel composed primarily of nitroglycerin. That's my presentation for show-and-tell, thanks

Fig 3. Left: sulfuric acid Right: nitric acid Not pictured: all the glycerin I jacked off with

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
gently caress! I completely forgot! It started fermenting itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Took with the flash on so colors are a little weird

Also you can't upload past a certain size so I just rammed thru multiple phone crops until sa accepted it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread