Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Pick posted:

I am asking you to catalogue how many incidents of mythological animal are in your house.
It's a lot. Like, a whole lot.

Pick posted:

This does NOT include any mythological animals that you drew/sculpted/etc or use in your D&D campaigns or that live on your hard drive.
I get the hard drive thing, but why the "No made it yourself" or "No D&D stuff"? Like I have a LEGO Frankenstein's Monster that I designed, with a smaller Frankenstein's Monster surrounded by speakers playing a flaming guitar riding on his back. Do they count, or no? Or is this just pre-industrial age mythology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Yeah, I gave up when I looked in the direction of the 6'x15' bookcase. Sorry.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Pick posted:

any obscurities or just 120391023 dragons
Not a lot of dragons. maybe like 6? Mostly monsters of the humanoid variety. Vampires, ghosts, werewolves, devils, stuff like that.
Ex-goth with a super-edgelord name has a lot of monster poo poo, go figure.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Okay, just wall art and physical representation poo poo is:

4 Frankenstein's Monsters (Does Lurch count? Because then it's 5.)
1 Zombie
4 Vampires
5 Ghosts
1 On-Fire Skeleton
1 Not-On-Fire Skeleton
1 Stone Colossus
1 Giant Spider
3 Werewolves
2 Dragons
1 Gargoyle
4 Elves
1 Ent
1 Disembodied Hand in a Box
1 Kraken on a bottle of Rum

(And a box full of Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo my ex left when they moved out.)

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Forgot Witches. There's 6 of them.
And 1 hosed-up Cheshire Cat.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Prince of Space posted:

Anyone have any extraterrestrial decor?
Roswell picture with a grey's head, and a xenomorph queen inaction figure.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Ocean Book posted:

jesus should count imo. like a kraken, he has a mythology that formed around a genuinely existing being.

1 Jesus (upside down)

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Applesnots posted:

I have a lego hearse that came with a lego dracula. I have a cerebus but she had a genetic defect at birth and only has one head and eats dog food.

Is it that jacked up hot-rod hearse with the coffin catapult?

Because that comes with a zombie, too.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Bored posted:

Also a totoro.
Right, I forgot about this thing in the living room.

So there's a bunch of stuff

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Fellbat posted:

The one thing I got is a Skeletor, but like, in my whole life I've never considered what the gently caress he is.

He's He-Man's uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, that was in this version of He-Man. There's been a few different versions going all the way back to the little comicbooks that used to be included with the action figures which predate the old 80s cartoon.
When I was little, and those comics came with the figures, there was a picture that showed a line of blue-skinned dudes dressed like Skeletor marching towards a portal. Child me assumed that since Skeletor had a skull head, his lesser kin must have ghost heads, because that was lower on the hierarchy of undead as far as I was concerned. So, I put puffy stickers (with googly eyes!) of the Pac-Man ghosts over those guys' heads in the picture.

That's my Skeletor story, thanks.

• Locked thread