Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I killed Keane.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

SMH, trying to blow up my spot I'm being subtle here.

C'mon dude, I know this is a joke, but I agree. I think your obvious breadcrumbing is more scummy than town. It's effectively a completely safe gambit for scum to pull, and pretty risky as an actual town power role. Unless you're not a power role, in which case, I still think it makes more sense for scum to pull.

Also, hi, sorry, was with the girlfriend all weekend. I am here now, reading through.

This is Yami Fenrir's first participation in a mafia game, correct? They had a couple posts that pinged my hard but they couldn't seem to decide if they've played mafia before or not. Followed up with this:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hey, I'm new, I make mistakes.

I genuinely can't tell if he's being facetious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This is another post that caught my eye, Somber's first post in the game.

Somberbrero posted:

:rolleyes:

Setup spec is usually a hallmark of scum discussion as it gives no inferences to alignment and generates the illusion of content, but all this is just silly. It strikes me as pointless at worse. It doesn't seem very fair to Krell to call them out on this point when you started the line of discussion. I presume you're just stirring the pot?

this is a total non-comment and I don't like it. Why, as town, would you feel the need to chime in with this? ##vote Atomic Soda

Dicky Bee this is clearly a joke.

It just strikes me as trying really hard, posturing to appear town. The vote sucks, I understand it's just early D1 pressure stuff, but it's so flimsy I don't think the vote even gives it any weight, making it look.. just fake.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

This is a lot of words to say nothing.

I have merely begun to rot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who do you think is scum, Keane?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

RF is the one who pinged me the hardest, I've been pretty clear about that.

But not enough to vote him? Do you have any other feelings?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You must be a hell of an autodidact, Yami, because your posting really does not strike me as that of a new player.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm still surprised you've never played a game and could tell exactly what I was implying. But that case sucks, so I don't think anyone signed off on that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

-45 mins to deadline, do we have eight folks here?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm not familiar with Krell's history, does your policy vote have anything to do with him dropping off the face of the planet or does he usually do something else?

If I remember correctly (it's been awhile) Krell's first half dozen games kinda ended in flames or him being lynched D1, I can't remember why exactly. He may have been a shitbird but I think he tried reforming at some point to be less of a shitbird?

I'm pretty sure RF's hardline stance on him is not indicative of either of their alignments, though it does strike me as the type of thing Opop would utilize as scum to get through D1.

RF, if we don't lynch Krell today, what're you gonna do about it? I'm genuinely curious how you're gonna handle your own policy vote throughout the rest of the game, because if you're scum you've given yourself a backdoor to always vote him with flimsy support.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Now that I reread the thread I'm not 100% sure why DB is getting voted so high? Yeah, their content is bad, but.. so is pretty much everyone's. And they're posting at least. Is it mostly a meta vote I don't understand? They ended up null in my read, which isn't helping my decision here.

I agree with this. I have no idea with DB is the vote leader right now, apart from their "I'm bad for the town anyways" Eeyore poo poo, I don't see any really scummy behavior.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

We’re getting close to the end of day. I’ve been re-reading Nutsack’s post history and they’ve got 5 posts that aren’t the initial sign-ups. There’s a vote for AA, a couple of posts about joke phase then asking Yami what previous games they’ve read. There’s no casing or really any reads; this fells like putting up the illusion of participating and not town like behavior

##vote Nutsack Rangoon

I don't think this is a good vote, -40 mins to deadline and we're not even sure we have eight people with which to switch to someone.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I don’t believe DB is scum and I’m not going to vote for them. So I moved on to my next pick, and I provided my reasoning. Unless you’re arguing to turbo DB I don’t see the point in this really

So you'd rather no lynch than lynch someone on D1 who you "don't believe" is scum?

I'll vote literally anyone in the game to prevent a no lynch today, can we not.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still think stuff like this is fairly bad

I'm not sure I can speak for RF but isn't that exactly what he's accusing zzyzx of doing as well? Mischaracterizing his vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think I'd rather vote Nutsack if only because the pattern of his posting feels more suspicious to me. Is anyone else here?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That's -3 on DB

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

you lost me? I'm suspicious of DB for his non-votes

Oh oh oh, sorry, yeah I see now. I was getting too into the mentions of Krell in his posts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fuckin' hell, it looks like it's gotta be DB unless some people come through?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It feels like we got a different set of posters once the weekday came.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Hello friends.

You're trapped in a room with a gun with one bullet. In the room are three mirrors and a voodoo doll that looks suspiciously like your own full-sized form. Who do you shoot?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

Phone posting @ work, what happening, is it me?

Yes, pretty much

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

15 mins.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote DB

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I think it's rock.

gently caress it, I'll bite, why?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

AS also mentions rocks a few times, although he has fewer posts. I suspect he may have been intentionally targetted for his opinions.

CCKeane posted:

Shark wrote up a pretty significant post explaining why he thought you were scum. He is now dead, and flipped town. Shark seems like an unusual kill. I am assuming he was offed because of his opinions.

I actually agreed reflexively, shark struck me as an odd person to kill, and he seemed like he was getting stronger and stronger feelings against rock.

But you're saying both AS & Shark were killed because they were suspicious of rock?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami you're doing fine, don't be overly concerned about OMGUS or the opinion of the thread, if you feel a certain way, pursue that.

Hal, you're playing very similarly to how you just did in Myst, which prompts me to think you're town and probably should take a break from mafia cuz you've barely said poo poo in this game, either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can we hear some anything from RETRO FUTURIST, SOMBERBRERO, ZZYZX, ANOMALOUS AMALGAM, NUTSACK RANGOON, and HAROLD KRELL

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

some anything

this is not an .mp3 file

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

Are you saying its a coincidence they both died then? I am correct in assuming you're calling one of Yami scum and Rock an SK? (the SK kill was janitored)

re: your called shot, I think Rock would have a stronger interest in seeing shark dead then AS, I don't think they're on a scum team together, I think your whole theory has become too convoluted

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I have information to share.

There is a regular scum team the rebels, insurgents or w.e. They were called. Those are your scum. There are probably 2 of them.

The other team is less of a team and more of a contagion... I have been infected and am jettisoning myself from airlock so that my pestilence doesn't spread.

Find the space terrorists and beat them, that's your maf game.

*closes door behind airlock dramatically*

wat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

Do you think AS would have known about this before he died?

WHAT?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lemme clarify this one: What kind of unbelievable jump in logic is that zzyzx? Why does it matter? What does AS have to do with anything all of a sudden?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Everything. They are actually on fire right now

Alright, I'll meet you in Crazytown, let's do this.

You say you're jettisoning yourself out the airlock, was that just roleplay? Has your wincon changed? Do you know you're going to die or are you suspicious of it? Are you rebelling against a recruitment method or are have you just been made aware you're not gonna survive tomorrow night?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well since I opted to not perpetuate infection, I'll die as town.

You don't think your death, like AS', will be janitored? Blowing out the airlock sounds like your body would be unidentifiable in the same way as AS was.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Not verbatim, but essentially it is just win by infecting another player and exploding.

I imagine I just won't explode from the airlock.

Do you have any ideas of who would have infected you? Do you have reason to believe that their is no poisoner, that it just travels from host to host?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Could atomic soda have killed themselves in order to pass the infection along, AA receives it (targeted or otherwise), and his martyrdom will end it?

I've never encountered a mechanic like this I don't think..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AA, answer this please.

Sandwolf posted:

Do you have any ideas of who would have infected you? Do you have reason to believe that their is no poisoner, that it just travels from host to host?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it. But AA, please don't vote anything other than a hammer today, if you wouldn't mind. I kind of want to see what happens.

Insane that you're aware of this, again, but I agree. Just in case, AA should be the hammer vote today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eh, shark was actually the hammer vote, not AS, but still.

• Locked thread