Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
At this point I think this is an accurate statement. A cult of persona is no different than a religious cult. It is a group of people who obey blindly a figurehead for an idea and do not yield to any outside source of information that contradicts their version of reality. Make no mistake; anyone who supports donald trump or considers themselves an alt rightist at this point has been able to exercise a level of cognitive dissonance reserved only for the adherents of a fanatical religious group. What needs to happen here? Do we need a revolution? Do we need to meme? What!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jfc its only politics. A healthy culture of protest and compromise.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm in the alt right, feel free to ask me any questions we aren't aliens

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

BONE DOG posted:

At this point I think this is an accurate statement. A cult of persona is no different than a religious cult. It is a group of people who obey blindly a figurehead for an idea and do not yield to any outside source of information that contradicts their version of reality. Make no mistake; anyone who supports donald trump or considers themselves an alt rightist at this point has been able to exercise a level of cognitive dissonance reserved only for the adherents of a fanatical religious group. What needs to happen here? Do we need a revolution? Do we need to meme? What!?

Stay mad.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anger can be incredibly positive. Anger over loving bullshit and nonsense is an important tool in creating a better world.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mnoba posted:

how old were you when you had your head injury

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dont worry theyll tire themselves out in a year or so

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BONE DOG posted:

Anger can be incredibly positive. Anger over loving bullshit and nonsense is an important tool in creating a better world.

Yeah but they think you're the bullshit and nonsense.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Blue Raider posted:

No gently caress you I wanna to be irrationally mad online! If I came to terms with the alt-right having nearly zero offline presence then I would be less insane and I can't have that!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah but they think you're the bullshit and nonsense.

yeah but the difference is i'm right and they're wrong

let me be clear

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

No gently caress you I wanna to be irrationally mad online! If I came to terms with the alt-right having nearly zero offline presence then I would be less insane and I can't have that!

without 4chan donald trump wouldn't be president

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Raider posted:

alex jones is helping out that retarded slob who won't move out from his parent's house

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Ok

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BONE DOG posted:

that is univariate analysis which i believe dr peterson warned us against

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BONE DOG posted:

Lol no

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Raider posted:

that is univariate analysis which i believe dr peterson warned us against

who is that i doubt he's a real doctor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Can we put a cap on childish tantrum threads or something?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

BONE DOG posted:

and without somethingawful, there would be no 4chan so something awful made donald trump

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

i dont think this is a tantrum

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooouuuu

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

or preferably, rename GBS to GBS: Da TantyZone

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Mnoba posted:

and without somethingawful, there would be no 4chan so something awful made donald trump

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Trump is basically Doobie only in the White House instead of a hot dog shack.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

One of those helicopter hats? Sounds like a good plan.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

One of those helicopter hats? Sounds like a good plan.
https://i.imgur.com/Rk63cLu.mp4

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

or preferably, rename GBS to GBS: Da TantyZone

missing an i

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BONE DOG posted:

yeah but the difference is i'm right and they're wrong

let me be clear

How do you know?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

How do you know?
just do

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it turns out that certain kinds of interactions with people you're in opposition to, cause them to double down especially over ideological and political differences, leading to a self reinforcement of radicalization of opposing groups

ex. liberal elitism and lovely behavior in general has basically radicalized both the left and right in this country and yeah, fascism in particular is vulnerable to cults of personality

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Laissez faire. :shrug:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

I'm sad to read this, Mnoba. No questions.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Cult members usually gently caress. Ergo the alt-right is not a cult.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Spinster posted:

I'm sad to read this, Mnoba. No questions.

i feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time you have had to tell me this, and to be honest it hurts every time. how can i be a better man for you?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

basic hitler posted:

it turns out that certain kinds of interactions with people you're in opposition to, cause them to double down especially over ideological and political differences, leading to a self reinforcement of radicalization of opposing groups

ex. liberal elitism and lovely behavior in general has basically radicalized both the left and right in this country and yeah, fascism in particular is vulnerable to cults of personality
liberal elitism

you saying i'm that loving poo poo?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mnoba posted:

i feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time you have had to tell me this, and to be honest it hurts every time. how can i be a better man for you?

thirsty

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

How do you know?

ok here's one; because trying to control women's bodies is completely hosed up.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

working on my second glass of margarita mix, strawberry yummy!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im a Lt. Cmdr in the Alt Right Second Memefintrary Brigade, surrender your posts at once and prepare to be boarded, Lieberal Demonrat swine!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

i feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time you have had to tell me this, and to be honest it hurts every time. how can i be a better man for?

I don't remember that. But the alt-right is all wrong. And you are a funny poster sometimes AND you made that sweet rear end thread for me when I got off probation one time, I'll never forget that. ❤
But what I understand of the alt-right sounds prejudicial and antithetical to what I wish America to become.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
everything is a church now loving church of jedi, church of atheists, who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

BONE DOG posted:

liberal elitism

you saying i'm that loving poo poo?

if you treat people you disagree with like dogs you're psychologically helping them reinforce how they feel and not really helping achieve any level of understanding or effectively evangelizing for whatever you believe, so if you do that poo poo, and liberals loving love to do it, yeah i guess, you're kind of responsible for the alt right in a hosed up way.

• Locked thread