Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
A black day for world football. A combination of Mexico being frauds, last minute South Korean doping, biased refs, bad VAR decisions, and the strong German lads beings exceptionally unlucky have eliminated the reigning champions from the World Cup *dislaimer: I couldn't watch the game, but there can be no other explanation for Germany failing to advance, right? Right?!?

In any case, welcome to our Hublot Forum of Friendship match day thread.

These are our four matches:

Senegal vs Colombia, 16:00 CET, 3 p.m. BST, 10 a.m. EST, Samara
Japan vs Poland, 16:00 CET, 3 p.m. BST, 10 a.m. EST, Volgograd
England vs Belgium, 20:00 CET, 7 p.m. BST, 2 p.m. EST, Kaliningrad
Panama vs Tunisia, 20:00 CET, 7 p.m. BST, 2 p.m. EST, Saransk

In Group H, one match is between Senegal and Colombia. Senegal are playing a great world cup. If they win or draw, they advance to the knockout stages. Colombia had a weak start before trashing Poland. They must win, or at least draw and hope that Japan loses so it can go to tie breakers between them. James Rodriguez' side were much better in their game against Poland, so I think this is a pretty even pairing. I still hope that Senegal will win.

Japan play Poland in the other Group H match. The Japanese are favorites against already eliminated Poland, but eliminated sides with nothing to lose can play surprisingly good football. Still, as long as Japan get at least a draw, they will advance. I think Japan are the favorites here, but perhaps Lewandowski and co. will surprise us by being not poo poo.

Next we have two of the best teams this World Cup so far facing each other. England and Belgium played very good football at times, and we can only hope that we get an engaging, high scoring match. Unfortunately, both teams are already sure to advance to the knockout stages, so they may play it safe and end up in a boring, goalless draw. If they do their best, I would rate the Belgians as slight favorites.

At the same time, Panama will play against Tunisia. Both teams are pretty bad, but at least they already have four goals between them, which shows they are able to score. This could be a better match than the other one, on account of two bad teams enabling hilarious goals. I rate Tunisia as stronger than Panama, but since they are both already eliminated, it doesn't really matter who will win.

For more squad infos, look up the team threads:

Senegalese Thread
Japanese Team Thread
Polish Team Thread
English Team Thread
Belgian Team Thread
Panamanian Team Thread

It was a sad day for world football, but the show must go on. Let's hope Senegal and Japan just destroy their opponents, and that Belgium - England won't be a snooze fest. Join us in another round of football here in our Hublot Forum of Friendship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
reposting this since it shows how much it will pay to lose the bel - eng game

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
top bracket has 10 world cups, bottom has one (1) lol

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Hoping England start all their poo poo players with the intent to get 5 red cards and forfeit the game. The mighty lions will then definitely bring it home.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

You get certain privileges when you host

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UW_fHm7SQo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
two best teams of the tournament in a sentence mentioning England? :wtc:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its time for phil jones to man up, take one for the team and boot hazard up the arse

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

track day bro! posted:

It's coming home

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
also ganbarre good samurai lads

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Even though we 'should' lose to avoid the tougher teams etc., I still think we should just play for the 3 points and destroy England.
We tried ensuring an easy draw in the European Cup 2 years ago and ended up being eliminated by Wales, so yeah.
Just win everything imo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

It's coming home

It is, but i'd hardly say we've been one of the best teams in the tournament so far. #ItsComingHome

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
also hummels at centre forward and neuer at left back hahahahaha

ah

hahaha

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

track day bro! posted:

'The two best teams of the tournament, in which England also participates, will face each other in the final.'

:shrug:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
fagners coming home

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i can't remember which blegum guy you are now, are you the plastic lawn guy or are you the insanely boring tedious politics guy

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

track day bro! posted:

i can't remember which blegum guy you are now, are you the plastic lawn guy or are you the insanely boring tedious politics guy

Get this, I'm both haha
But seriously, I have a plastic lawn and don't give a gently caress about politics

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/YoMhkYlS33c

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

cursed video

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm glad that GER lost, and that BRA won thanks to the influence and leadership of Faggoner

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
anime is worse than hitler and hitler lost yesterday so japan wont be making it out of the group

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Rockybar posted:

You get certain privileges when you host

It would only matter if Russia were capable of beating Spain, even this boring lovely Spain

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I hope both Japan and Senegal go through so all the real continents are represented in the round of 16

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Its gonna suck having to hope that Belgium comes out on top for this match but think about everything we have to gain! A much better route through the play offs, and even better it will REALLY piss off the gammon who would want to use this match as a Brexit omen!

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Eau de MacGowan posted:

its time for phil jones to man up, take one for the team and boot hazard up the arse

lol just lol if you think we're going to let Hazard play today

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Eau de MacGowan posted:

this is a hazard free game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

rear end cobra posted:

Ahh yes big time world cup winners Uruguay still pushing on from their previous world cup win 9000 years ago

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Grillfiend posted:

lol just lol if you think we're going to let Hazard play today

His little brother will probably play

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

track day bro! posted:

I know right but here we are with a 2-0 German loss and egg on many faces.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fridge corn posted:

Ahh yes big time world cup winners Uruguay still pushing on from their previous world cup win 9000 years ago

the og jules rimet holders

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

fridge corn posted:

theyre still good so idk what you’re trying to say

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

it's all set up for a meaningless england win over belgium so that the hype is at it's peak when they're knocked out in the round of 16 lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

theyre still good so idk what you’re trying to say

what im trying to say is its coming home

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
england and belgium both wanting to lose that match might result in a very boring or an absolutely crazy game not sure which one tho

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Here's today's animé

https://twitter.com/chidajunsei3163/status/1012277487600930816

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

England are going out in the QF to Sweden

lol jk it's coming home

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Alexeythegreat posted:

It would only matter if Russia were capable of beating Spain, even this boring lovely Spain

You can do a lot with money and drugs op.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

sebzilla posted:

England are going out in the QF to Sweden

lol jk it's coming home

Lol you almost had me there op

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I wish he'd stop drawing half the African teams as guys with spears and big lips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

kagawa shinji

• Locked thread