Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've only recently gotten into Woolie's Let's Plays and I'm loving his KOTOR 2 playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DKXJcS1m1I

That conversation with Atris is phenomenal but more so is watching Woolie and Little V laugh at Kreia tormenting Atton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm playing through ODST for the first time in a loooong time right now so I'm pumped for this stream.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oxyclean posted:

Im guessing his brain mashed up "hubris" and "humble"?

Watching ODST Part 3, I absolutely love that Woolie continues to capture the truest essence of Halo co-op: getting vehicles beyond the point the game wants you to use them.

That invisible wall was a disappointment. The Wraith section would have been a cakewalk otherwise.

Him managing to ram a scorpion up a light pole was hilarious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone think that Woolie and Little V sound a bit burnt out on Halo 3 ODST? It was a lot more fun when Little V was curating Woolie's run through the other Halo games but since he hasn't played ODST very much he doesn't have the same passion for it. I'm also a little bummed that they aren't hunting down the audio logs considering how the Halo 2 logs led to Woolie's incredible "IT'S A BIBBLE GAME!" realization.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm watching Woolie's LP of Kotor 2 and Little V is a great curator. I'm loving how woolie is slowly figuring out how messed up Kreia is. As soon as he thinks he's got her pegged the game throws a curveball at him and makes him reevaluate just what her deal is. I can't wait for him to hit that final revelation that she's trying to kill the Force itself. His shock when he found out about Atton being a mass murderer and immediately upgrading him from Barth to Atton was golden.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Warbird posted:

Is Quebec the Florida of Canada?

Alberta is Texas-lite. Manitoba is probably Mississippi with all the religious nutjobs running the provincial legislature. Quebec isn't really like Florida, however. Depending on where you are it's its own blend of fuckedupedness and good loving luck to you if you're indigenous. The Pontiac is alright but most of them speak English anyways since they're right along the provincial border.

Really sucks for them that they have to leave Montreal. I hope they can find a place to stay that isn't abysmally overpriced.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Also all the Quebec racists being pissed off our new GG Mary Simon is bilingual but doesn't speak French (as if residential school victims were given the choice)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Grouchio posted:

How are house prices right outside of Ottawa?

About 660k in the city itself is the average. Outside of Ottawa it fluctuates but it's still expensive unless you want to live in a dump.

Or you could always live the ephemeral life of apartment rentals

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hoes mad? Granny what the gently caress?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With the recent talk about Kotor 2 in the internet personalities thread I've gotten back into Woolie and V's let's play. Over the last three days I've been blitzing towards the finale and everything from Korriban onwards has been solid gold. We've had:
- Woolie positing that math problems are a mechanism of the Sith
- Sion going from mystery man to jealous wimp to psychotic manifestation of pain as a means of survival
- Woolie experiencing the Apathy is Death scene and being so stuck in his mindset of not committing to Jedi or Sith that it took him almost 5 hours before he could even process what it meant.
- Woolie's revelation during the confrontation with the Jedi Council that Nihilus and Sion were both born of the same atrocity that created the Exile.
- Kreia annihilating the Council.
- Handmaiden juicing up to the point that she one-shots Atris while a drunk Little V and Woolie go wild and cheer.
- Woolie realizing that the entire game was caused by Atris being a jealous tsundere turned yandere ex-wannabe girlfriend.
- Kreia's plan to annihilate the Force and Woolie trying to figure out what that means.

I've still got more episodes to go and I'm really looking forward to the HK factory and the confrontation with Nihilus. With the restored content mod the third act is way, way stronger than it was before and it's been a joy watching V guide Woolie along.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished the Kotor 2 LP and I share Woolie's utter defeat upon hearing all the stupid poo poo that happens in the MMO.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Quarians, Volus, Hanar, Batarians, Vorcha and Elcor died on their way back to their home galaxy.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two species.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which one, the Rag'n'Bone Man trailer? Because that gave us a great parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDiw6QQIKU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Unit24 posted:

Well, a vanguard who can use any weapon type, so basically still a custom class.

Didn't the Legendary Edition of ME2 unlock weapons for all classes?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's so dumb. Locking half the classes into "poo poo pistol and only one good SMG if you have a DLC" was dumb back then too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Moose King posted:

The Carnifex is basically the Halo 1 pistol, this slander will not stand

But the Predator sucks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I noticed that the facial animations in his Mass Effect 1 Lets Play look weird. Is that a result of the Legendary Edition? Kaiden's little side grin he does is a lot less pronounced.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The game starts early and often encouraging you to hit the renegade prompts to see what crazy poo poo the time pulls.

Just wait until he hits the Samara and Thane dossier missions. The audience will be screaming at Woolie for not hitting the prompt because he's too busy reading text.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Krogan mortality rates are extremely high even into adulthood because of their lust for combat. Old Krogan exist but they're the exception, not the norm. And the cultural impact of seeing mountains of stillborn children took an immense toll on their psyche. Even if the Salarians justify it as a population adjustment rather than a genocide, it still is a genocide because the sociological impact it has on the Krogan species was never accounted for. It basically put them on a death spiral of hopelessness.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I literally just spent an hour and a half reading and listening to codex entries in Mass Effect 1. The genophage emphatically does not affect fertility or virility. It specifically affects the infant mortality rate. A female will still bear a massive clutch of eggs and thousands of those eggs will be stillborn. The social ramifications of seeing thousands of dead babies every time they try to give birth is horrific.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They should have let the Krogan colonize the rachni worlds and then destroyed the primary relay behind them and booby trapping any other primary relay they find in case the Krogan hopscotch their way back to council space.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The living Krogan are also culturally distinct from the Rebellion Krogan because their sociological and mental makeup are so dramatically changed thanks to the genophage. There's plenty of warlords who want glory days back, but there's also several Krogan who just want to work alone or move past the galactic conquest aspirations. Curing the genophage doesn't revert the changed mindsets of Krogan who have moved on with their lives. It'll enable the wannabe warlords, sure, but it's not like it'll be a species wide rallying cry for a vengeance crusade.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Garrus is a sociopath who should not have been a cop to begin with. gently caress the cops. He's also vigilante gunman who needs guidance to not shoot everyone he thinks should be shot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I'm afraid in your anger you shot him on Virmire.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lord_Magmar posted:

He's sending Thane. He's absolutely sending Thane.

Well yeah, the first time you see Thane he drops from a vent and kills someone. Ergo he should be in all vents.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah but we saw Tali lead a squad st the start of the game while Garrus had already gotten his squad killed before we met him! That must mean she's obviously the better choice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Miranda is the other squad leader option who is good, right? It's not Jacob because he shouldn't be good at anything besides hunting for da priiiiiize

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Silent Hill 4 The Room?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've never played Silent Hill so I don't know I just know 4 is the one with the haunted apartment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Judge Tesla posted:

So the anime has reached Mordin's loyalty mission and I can understand Woolie's position on the genophage based on the information he has right this second, it still doesn't make it right but the Krogan were going to overrun the galaxy and refused to surrender.

ME3 will be interesting when he reaches the Tuchanka part.

"Look at that woman, Mordin. It doesn't look like you saved her."

It's impressive for Woolie to go through Mordin's loyalty mission, hell, all of Tuchanka, witnessing firsthand what the genophage has done to their society, and still decide against atonement.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oxxidation posted:

paragon shepard’s arguments in that mission honestly aren’t that convincing. mordin’s fully aware of the death toll and has spent a lot of mental bandwidth rationalizing the work he’s done. angrily gesturing at a corpse on a table isn’t exactly an ironclad rebuttal

if that mission has a weakness it’s that mordin really isn’t vulnerable to counter-argument until you reach maelon, at which point the time for discussion is over

He's aware of the death toll but the cultural impact doesn't affect him until he's faced with firsthand physical evidence of their desperation. Gesturing at the corpse does work because it's twisting a knife into Mordin that he'd already planted in himself when he first examined her body. Earlier in the game he justifies the social impact by arguing that Krogan are a violent species but its not worth exterminating them when they have individual outliers who aren't dangerous brutes. A krogan merc is one thing to see die. A krogan female who wants nothing more than to see her children born healthy throwing her life away is enough to shake his convictions.

Paragon Shepard is just reinforcing the things Mordin is trying to tell himself, only in more forceful and judgmental words.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did he go to Nos Astra and argue in favor of selling the Quarian's work contract?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Woolie really wants to play Mass Effect with his KOTOR 2 style "light later" approach but it's a Bioware game and not an Obsidian one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I only watch on Youtube but I'm laughing at Woolie watching Edgerunners up to Episode 5. He must have been smacked hard when he started up with Episode 6.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One of these days we'll get a new Star Fox game that isn't crippled by a bad control scheme or just a forgettable crossover DLC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are these kinds of incidents getting worse or are we just hearing more about them now as actors rightfully call out the shitheads?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah Crunchyroll proves Japan don't have the monopoly on lovely office practices and dicking over your talent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who even runs Rooster Teeth these days? Matt?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Keifer is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5AKLz2Qo0