Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like to quote posts because it feels aggressive, so I'm going to have to remove this post since it began a new page and didn't make sense on its own. i'm really sorry for this happening. Let's go Joe Burrow throw a touchdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So, how'd Clowney look?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Barudak posted:

Imagine being so bad your opponent misses 3 field goals and an extra point and you lose. Now imagine you find out after the game you can't take your timeouts home with you.

My buddy was trying to console me at the end when the timeouts didn't happen and I was flipping out. How do I, a regular loving joe, know when to call a timeout and a guy paid millions of dollars can't figure that poo poo out. This was egregious but he also did stupid stuff like call two run plays and a screen when we got possession back after the big stop and last field goal miss. Should've been using Drew's arm, as imperfect as it is. Trust the QB, not the garbage rear end defense. Leaving Brown open all the time what the gently caress.

shirts and skins posted:

So, how'd Clowney look?

Pretty good, nothing crazy but he had a couple big plays in the game.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Gostowski is cooked

All ex Patriots nationwide are a waste on their new teams

Plus ça change...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Good news everyone. The next football game you get to see Joe Burrow's first nfl win.

He gets to play the Bengals next week?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Gostowski is cooked

All ex Patriots nationwide are a waste on their new teams

Plus ça change...

He never really seemed to recover from that hip injury.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He made the game winning kick seems recovered to me

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I was not able to watch most of the game live but Lock’s stats seemed decent and the tight ends ate us for lunch after Evans went out. However only allowing two scoring drives says a lot, almost as much as that amazing goal line stuff that Big Jeff’s Boys had

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Barudak posted:

He gets to play the Bengals next week?

He gets to play ohio

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If Brady continues to struggle it will be interesting to see how he reacts, other then that time he shredded his knee he's never really slumped or struggled in his career. He's manufactured adversity his entire career and has never faced any significant hurdles to overcome.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sharknado slashfic posted:

*nods*

Yeah I expect the OL to be a work in progress with Skura getting back up to speed and Phillips trying to fill in the Yanda shaped hole...hopefully it progresses before the next game though. Dobbins was my training camp pick for "this dude is going to blow up" so all aboard the hype train.

What's especially strange in the Ravens putting in so many rookies is that they were such a successful team last year. Usually teams that win well over 10 games are more set and don't put in so many new guys.

But that Ravens draft class is something else. Everyone loved it from the start and after week 1 it looks even better somehow.

Kawalimus posted:

I forgot all about Duvernay. Heres hoping we dont do our normal thing and never let him see the field.

I definitely remember him having a catch yesterday Sunday

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He never really seemed to recover from that hip injury.

I'm struggling to think of any injury short of complete quadriplegia that should warn you off a kicker like a devastating hip injury

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Play posted:

What's especially strange in the Ravens putting in so many rookies is that they were such a successful team last year. Usually teams that win well over 10 games are more set and don't put in so many new guys.

The Chiefs had five rookies see play against the Texans. And they didn't just have a successful team last year, they brought back like 19 starters from a Super Bowl winning team.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

is the team really bad?

no, it must be the quarterback that's wrong

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strobe posted:

The Chiefs had five rookies see play against the Texans. And they didn't just have a successful team last year, they brought back like 19 starters from a Super Bowl winning team.

Add Willie Gay Jr to that list as soon as this Sunday

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

I definitely remember him having a catch yesterday Sunday

Yeah he did. Good. Get him some more. I am happy that 3/4 of our WRs are team draft picks right now. That's how we change the culture here and ditch our reputation of being the worst WR drafting team in the NFL.

The Ravens last year were great yes but it was more a product of being so good at the thing that we were good at that it kind of papered over everything else. Last year's team was considered a bubble team going into the season until the running game turned out to be the best in modern NFL history. We were very weak up front on defense and at WR, both of which sank us in the playoff game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

is the team really bad?

no, it must be the quarterback that's wrong

he sure as gently caress ain't helping the cause

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mayfield really did look promising for a good chunk of a season and it is impressive how quickly that went away. Like, I have to remind myself this actually happened already and it wasn't that long ago.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Imagine looking at the Browns offense and thinking Baker doesn’t have enough help.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grittybeard posted:

Mayfield really did look promising for a good chunk of a season and it is impressive how quickly that went away. Like, I have to remind myself this actually happened already and it wasn't that long ago.

The browns have been ruining promising quarterbacks for well over a decade and I'm not sure why anyone thought this time would be different

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chokes McGee posted:

The browns have been ruining promising quarterbacks for well over a decade and I'm not sure why anyone thought this time would be different

shedding a tear for brandon weedens wasted potential

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

akron superstar charlie frye could have been a hall of famer if not for the insidious Paul Browns of Cleveland

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ghost Dog posted:

shedding a tear for brandon weedens wasted potential

f

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Alaois posted:

akron superstar charlie frye could have been a hall of famer if not for the insidious Paul Browns of Cleveland

We'll never know for sure

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They drafted a 28 year old QB in the first round.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

and their other pick was trent richardson #3 overall. that might have been the worst first round ever

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Look I have bad opinions okay, I'm not apologizing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

and their other pick was trent richardson #3 overall. that might have been the worst first round ever

I mean, for me not a Browns fan watching it live, it was incredible

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Browns got a first round pick from the Colts for Trent lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which they used to draft Johnny Football.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is way more egregious than actually drafting Trent. I'm not sure he should have went 3rd given the position but if I recall correctly pretty much everyone thought he was going to be one of the best running backs in the league.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I could have sworn there was a gif of Richardson running straight into a crowd of tackles and linebackers when there was a wide open lane right in front of his loving eyes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Better Than You posted:

I could have sworn there was a gif of Richardson running straight into a crowd of tackles and linebackers when there was a wide open lane right in front of his loving eyes

Well there's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j10BnZ90s5w

and

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Norway kicker that the Ravens traded to the Vikings for a fifth rounder has been through 6 teams

I'm not sure why I posted this but you'll read it and like it

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Norway kicker that the Ravens traded to the Vikings for a fifth rounder has been through 6 teams

I'm not sure why I posted this but you'll read it and like it

he's bäd

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:allears:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm dumb weirdo who has hard time watching the Seahawks, despite being a die hard Mariners (and less diehard Bills and Raiders) fan so Sunday makes me nervous. The bits I caught of the game in Atlanta looked okay but I am not a fan of letting the Falcons run up 400 yards

On the other hand I am 100% down for some ridiculous Thursday night bullshit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trent was so good in college because he was able to run through the huge hole that the pro level Alabama line created. How did he lose the ability to recognize those holes in the pros?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What’s the record for Alabama RBs? I mean at one point the Browns had Lawrence Vickers as a FB doing blocking and thanks to him Peyton Hilis looked like a great RB until the following year. The OLine is kind of critical to RBs as is using them right

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gatts posted:

What’s the record for Alabama RBs? I mean at one point the Browns had Lawrence Vickers as a FB doing blocking and thanks to him Peyton Hilis looked like a great RB until the following year. The OLine is kind of critical to RBs as is using them right

That Derrick Henry fellow is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Ghost Dog posted:

I don't know a couple of years after that they had Justin Gilbert and Manziel in the first round, and both of those guys were out of the NFL three years later.