Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got pinged by the NHS track and trace app at 11pm last night, gotta self isolate for 11 days. The rest of the household don't have to do any different but this is going to 100% stress the wife and I out. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Unfortunately my work laptop was just delivered so I'm expected to be £ productive not :science: productive.

It's Bluetooth contact tracing, I've been nowhere and have no social life.

Still going to get a bunch of DIY stuff delivered so I can progress the wife's cabin though, take advantage of the lack of commuting time.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Godspeed Chuck :patriot:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's a loving combo of a day there.

Neighbor with cancer rang to update me, both his 80-ish parents have covid likely caught from hospital after near simultaneous falls, both he and his wife probably have it now because they had to go deal with that twice over a week. He's angry as gently caress at the world.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

I'm sure most of you don't really care, but just want to share because I'm happy.

gently caress no that's an incredible achievement and you should be proud.

Guys, please share any good news like this, if its important to you share it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

*updates "can kick my rear end" column in goons.xls*

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

:(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lexus will be super comfy and nice, pity they don't do wagons any more. Benz?

InitialDave posted:

Sir, we refer to that as vagina ejecta.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

I like it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Not surprising, Christmas and covid related home shopping surge.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've been wearing a silicone wedding ring for like 4 years now, I bought a bag of 20 from eBay for £2 and swap them around if my daughter chooses a new colour :v:

I did have a Stanley miniature box cutter (10mm blade) I carried with me but someone stole it from my jacket at work and I never got round to replacing it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

I keep one of these on my key chain so I never even notice it. Got it on Amazon for something like $5 years ago and ended up being super handy. Don't use it every day, but certainly use it every week at least once.

That's exactly the kind of dumb poo poo that I like.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I love the look of those one wheel boards but I can't even normal skate normally I'm not going to get one.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Congrats on the piss stick boasting!

(Honest congratulations, I wish you all the best)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

gently caress there's nothing left, everyone get out okay?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'll trust plastic control arms when Toyota use them, not because I'm a fanboy or because I work for them, but because they're so slow to innovate and update they'll only use something when they've either developed it to death themselves (hybrid tech) or waited until the rest of the industry have play tested it to death.

I'm onboard with thinking Tesla and SpaceX are doing great things, even if Tesla aren't doing it as well as people think. Musk however is a loving abhorrent person, anti-Union, blood-money, his only talent is accidentally funneling VC money to people who do know what they're doing. Remember the pedo-guy thing? Yeah let's ruin a guys life because he said my idea was stupid :qq:

My wife ordered a carpet spot cleaner with the money we had left over from Christmas present buying and planning, she's been cackling as she runs around cleaning things and delighting in showing me the rank fluid she's cleaned out of the carpet or car seats :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I understand, my wife lost her granddad on Christmas Eve, that and a few other bad memories mean it's not a super welcome time of year for her, she tries for the kids and likes buying people good presents though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

So I have a 7 y.o 130k mile fiat panda with a (originally) beige interior, a sunroof that occasionally leaks/drips and the PO apparently splashed drinks everywhere.

I've actually been considering buying myself a spot cleaner mainly because I feel revolted whenever I happen to look at my Panda's seats (and because I could also clean the saab seats without stripping the covers off). which one did you get?

Bissel spot clean pet pro £150, there are cheaper variants but this has a little vac collector and that doesn't contaminate the main tank with whatever you clean up, useful with an incontinent old cat around. My panda has the seats with a mesh top layer that makes it impossible to clean by hand, they look 100% better even after one quick go over, would recommend.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I need another laptop. My kids are taking turns on Minecraft and I want to do stuff*. First world problems.

*Stardew valley got updated and I can't wait for it to come to Android

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Are you managing with one laptop between 2 adults and 2 kids at the mo? impressive! There's only 1 of me and I have like 4 laptops and a desktop and a server in use! (though none of them are new ones!)
I have a dedicated laptop for using with the car/landy ECU's (which lives in the garage). One that sits under my TV that I use when I want to stream or watch stuff that isnt netflix or amazon, my main work laptop that goes to site with me and a backup work one (which is falling apart and party destroyed but still works enough to be useable in an emergency)

If you decide you want to buy one then give me a shout. My main work one is a 2nd hand/refurb one that I just bought 2 or 3 weeks ago and I can tell you what models last well in education if you are looking at the 2nd hand market!

Well there's only a couple of games and any CAD/slicing I want to do, everything else is done on tablets and phones. I was thinking a used Lenovo 430 or 440 would suffice but I'll take any advice. Something cheap I throw more ram and an SSD in would do too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've been using a cheap electric razor for 20 years, trim one a week, use the rotary head very occasionally for a closer shave when I want to look fancy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Good I love lamb, nobody else in my house can stand the taste or smell though, my wife will literally hurl at the smell of it cooking. The only lamb I've eaten in the last 5 years are mediocre lamb burgers cooked on the BBQ. Can't complain about the smell if its outside.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pretty sold on the best t-series ThinkPad I can afford after these reviews, always good to know I was on the right track thank you goons.

Had a great morning playing in the snow with wife and kids, nipped out for a little essential shopping and the ships weren't manic, now relaxing all round.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't hold anything against 2020, it had no real chance considering its upbringing and environment. Racists and idiots however are fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My wife and I only stay up part midnight because there's no point going to bed earlier to listen to 2 hours of local dipshits setting off fireworks that sounds like mortars.