Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Permabanned poster ArtetaLiker58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I started playing Football Manager 2021 a few weeks ago. Big lols at how these questions look exactly like press conference questions from the game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao at Arsenal following City's completely unprompted meltdown with one of their own

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

I started playing Football Manager 2021 a few weeks ago. Big lols at how these questions look exactly like press conference questions from the game.

You may be surprised to hear that reality actually came before video games, and that yes, reality has always been this stupid.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Mr. Arteta, you appear to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I wonder if they just legitimately got no softball questions or if this was their plan all along. You would think there are outfits you can pay to credibly astroturf your PR stunts.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hello, my name is Mr. Atetra, and I come from, uh, someplace far away! Yes, that will do. Anyway, I say we all support the manager and think his choices are brilliant!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Vegetable posted:

A distinct lack of critical thinking on display here.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Plastic meltdown is bad for the environment

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Hello, my name is Mr. Atetra, and I come from, uh, someplace far away! Yes, that will do. Anyway, I say we all support the manager and think his choices are brilliant!

Somehow his actual hair looks more fake than the moustache.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
his hair is ludicrous and only the fact that he has never been seen with thinning hair makes me accept it is not a wig made of some non-hair material

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Here's my dumb carepost.

Ben White looks like a liability and not in a "Early Days of Koscielny or Toure," kind of way.

Whichever poster said Tavares was overrated is probably right. With Tierney showing his Arsenal DNA, the left side is going to become something opposing managers are going to target.

The club won two games and Xhaka wasn't in the lineup for either game? What a loving coincidence.

Pretty sure Rob Holding got some Wayne Rooney hair plugs, having some lols

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vinestalk posted:

Here's my dumb carepost.

Ben White looks like a liability and not in a "Early Days of Koscielny or Toure," kind of way.

Whichever poster said Tavares was overrated is probably right. With Tierney showing his Arsenal DNA, the left side is going to become something opposing managers are going to target.

The club won two games and Xhaka wasn't in the lineup for either game? What a loving coincidence.

Pretty sure Rob Holding got some Wayne Rooney hair plugs, having some lols

Park Life

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
White and Tavares have been fine for me. Tavares is a kid, anyway. The bigger problem is that Arsenal can’t score.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't make me tap the 'Ben White is good' sign

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1440372029862014985

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Kinda interested to see what their angle is here because nobody's even close to making a profit on their Premiership TV deals in the UK - Sky can only get away with it because of the cross-subsidy from selling the rest of the TV service (and telecomms), and the sheer volume. BT are only even in the game because they were trying to fight back against Sky and Virgin taking customers off their telecomms business with bundled deals including sports and if even they can't make a profit off of it *after almost a year of getting free bonus games to show at a time when everyone was indoors anyway*, I'm not even sure if the normal Silicon Valley reality distortion field can work here.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOXWthQtQeU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That's loving crazy. I think it was only 3-4 years ago that DAZN just appeared on the scene in Switzerland completely out of nowhere. I got the very distinct impression as one of their subs that first year, that they really just threw together their online package at the very last minute. I think they only started advertising the week before the footy started. It was so shoddy I felt like they were trying to broker the rights to other broadcasters and nobody wanted to pay so they had to "make a website" or they'd just end up holding the bag for the PL rights. It barely worked for the first month or so but then it was pretty good for the rest of the year and then they lost the PL rights in Switzerland the next season so I haven't used them since.

Can any Germans say if this was a real outfit before then?

Also, no matter what they say on their network, I refuse to pronounce it any way other than "Days Inn"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

greazeball posted:

That's loving crazy. I think it was only 3-4 years ago that DAZN just appeared on the scene in Switzerland completely out of nowhere. I got the very distinct impression as one of their subs that first year, that they really just threw together their online package at the very last minute. I think they only started advertising the week before the footy started. It was so shoddy I felt like they were trying to broker the rights to other broadcasters and nobody wanted to pay so they had to "make a website" or they'd just end up holding the bag for the PL rights. It barely worked for the first month or so but then it was pretty good for the rest of the year and then they lost the PL rights in Switzerland the next season so I haven't used them since.

Can any Germans say if this was a real outfit before then?

Also, no matter what they say on their network, I refuse to pronounce it any way other than "Days Inn"

They're a Silicon Valley startup (well technically Silicon Roundabout, they're mostly UK-owned) so "Just chuck something out the door to get the next tranche of funding and try and fix it once it's live" is very much part of the process.

Now I think of it it'll be interesting to see how this affects the illegal streams - almost all of the Prem streams I see are from DAZN and I suspect they don't really bother enforcing as hard as the other international rights holders and/or their streams are particularly easy to pirate, but now this will be directly hurting their bottom line.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Don't make me tap the 'Ben White is good' sign

He can still be good but be a liability in a different setup. I think he was put under a lot of pressure during the Burnley game and made some costly errors (like the back pass to Ramsdale and the free headers he gave in the box).

blue footed boobie posted:

White and Tavares have been fine for me. Tavares is a kid, anyway. The bigger problem is that Arsenal can’t score.

We've both seen a lot of kids come through and potential doesn't mean anything if they don't actually look the part. Tavares over commits in wide spaces when he doesn't have support close by over and over again. But I agree that scoring goals is a bigger problem.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ve never even heard of it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They're a Silicon Valley startup (well technically Silicon Roundabout, they're mostly UK-owned) so "Just chuck something out the door to get the next tranche of funding and try and fix it once it's live" is very much part of the process.

Now I think of it it'll be interesting to see how this affects the illegal streams - almost all of the Prem streams I see are from DAZN and I suspect they don't really bother enforcing as hard as the other international rights holders and/or their streams are particularly easy to pirate, but now this will be directly hurting their bottom line.

DAZN will go cheaper than NOW for international games on a pay per game model and will partner with a VPN for nudge nudge wink wink advertisements.

$5/game and 50% off a $10/month no log vpn when it's a two step job to activate on an iPhone? Easy money.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

DAZN will go cheaper than NOW for international games on a pay per game model and will partner with a VPN for nudge nudge wink wink advertisements.

$5/game and 50% off a $10/month no log vpn when it's a two step job to activate on an iPhone? Easy money.

The remainder of the BT Premiership rights are worth about £500m on their own, gently caress knows how much all of the other rights BT have bought up have cost. Gonna take a *lot* of dodgy streams to amortise that lot over the next 3 years. Also NOW TV don't make a profit, they were set up by Sky precisely to keep other people from sneaking into the PAYG market - it is literally impossible to undercut them and make a profit.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The remainder of the BT Premiership rights are worth about £500m on their own, gently caress knows how much all of the other rights BT have bought up have cost. Gonna take a *lot* of dodgy streams to amortise that lot over the next 3 years. Also NOW TV don't make a profit, they were set up by Sky precisely to keep other people from sneaking into the PAYG market - it is literally impossible to undercut them and make a profit.

None of them want to make a profit though, they'll undercut and then go to Softbank

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Sky are mental and use former Mossad security firm NDS to enforce stuff. And allegedly to deliberately hack and leak keys to competitors access cards (ITV Digital).

They’re so paranoid that they don’t let you stream video on their website (or Now TV) as a paid subscriber - you have to download a windows / Mac only video player app.

Yet almost every stream I’ve ever seen is from Irish Sky sports.

Both Now TV and other per-game PPV rates are an order of magnitude too expensive to be successful or attractive options, especially given how bad their streaming quality is.

Edit: NDS not IDS

wooger fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 22, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Go to google maps and search "empty seats" lmao

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

TheRat posted:

Incredible.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

Confirmed.

That's loving awesome

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:thunk:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Could really do with 3 points right now. Must be nice

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Ruben Dias is so loving good

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1441860062322913280?s=19

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

So I'm starting to get pissed off with Ole's inability to play around a low block. We've the personnel for it, Ronaldo and Cavani are wonderful in the air and we've good crossers in Shaw/Dalot/Sancho. I love the guy but gently caress me his insistence on trying to play cute football through an absolutely loving packed middle of the park is infuriating.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

So I'm starting to get pissed off with Ole's inability to play around a low block. We've the personnel for it, Ronaldo and Cavani are wonderful in the air and we've good crossers in Shaw/Dalot/Sancho. I love the guy but gently caress me his insistence on trying to play cute football through an absolutely loving packed middle of the park is infuriating.

Would help if any of them could string as pass together, they've been sloppy as gently caress the last few games. And Shaw has been awful so far this season.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Would help if any of them could string as pass together, they've been sloppy as gently caress the last few games. And Shaw has been awful so far this season.

Yeah I commented on our horrendous passing yesterday. Shaw looked knackered before the injury imo.

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Brighton can go top with a win tomorrow.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
5000/1 bet is on boys :getin:

Edit: to be clear I'm talking about Arsenal winning the league

Flayer fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 27, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cash out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU