Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
The Curse of the 1966 World Cup Squad strikes again.

Roger Hunt: Former Liverpool and England striker dies aged 83

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

80+ year old men dying? What a curse...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Shrapnig posted:

80+ year old men dying? What a curse...

:thejoke:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A+, would guffaw again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Only 7 clubs are over 50% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1443133012418473990?s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Been following the struggles NFL teams have had trying to get their players jabbed but didn't really consider it for prem teams which was probably extremely naive.

Now I'm making a completely baseless assumption of which managers are anti vax and I bet there's at least one unexpected one like pep won't put it in the players blood bags or something

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Didn't Newcastle have a couple of players out for a month or two with covid last season?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah and Darlow got hospitalised over the summer with it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this seems like a far bigger punishment than anything the super league clubs got threatened with

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1443238830614667269?s=20

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

this seems like a far bigger punishment than anything the super league clubs got threatened with

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1443238830614667269?s=20

I'm willing to bet the context of that was that a team owned by someone who hadn't passed the fit and proper test would be banned from the league pretty much by definition, which isn't really that controversial a statement when put like that.

TBH I'd be a lot more sympathetic about this whole thing (because the F&P test hasn't stopped some absolute cunts owning teams and is, charitably, unevenly applied) if certain Newcastle fans weren't being quite so histrionic about it (see also West Ham fans who believe that being in the Taxpayer Dome constitutes an actual binding contract for us to be playing CL football)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Personally I hope this gets the Saudis nice and pissed and once the PL gets owned in arbitration the Saudis dump in hundreds of millions to win the league over and over, inshallah

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Can someone give the tldr on this current dispute? I remember when the Saudis were going to invest and all of the Newcastle fans decided that Saudi war crimes weren't actually as bad as refusing to invest in a football club, but now I'm lost.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The premier League claim that pif aren't legally distinct enough from mbs and rejected the takeover for that reason I think is the current situation. There are piracy issues too maybe? Pretty sure the premier League just don't want yet another country accused of war crimes and the like to buy a club after city

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They already said they don’t want another Leicester so they’re trying to keep the same clubs at the top. They’re snakes all the way up. I say cut off the head off and start again

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

The premier League claim that pif aren't legally distinct enough from mbs and rejected the takeover for that reason I think is the current situation. There are piracy issues too maybe? Pretty sure the premier League just don't want yet another country accused of war crimes and the like to buy a club after city

I seem to remember the piracy issue being the big one - the Saudis use it to gently caress over Qatar's beIN which holds the rights.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

I seem to remember the piracy issue being the big one - the Saudis use it to gently caress over Qatar's beIN which holds the rights.

It's this, the Premier League couldn't give a poo poo about an owner's human rights record.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

I seem to remember the piracy issue being the big one

Bad news for the Somalian takeover

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sebzilla posted:

Bad news for the Somalian takeover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009