Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
loving mountain west. Why do you break my heart every time :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
ASU could beat TCU by 30 or lose to them by 30, who knows. Weird matchup and weird team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Extended family is doing a bracket pool thing. I have no idea whatsoever about NCAA teams at this point. Can anyone recommend a primer or pre-done bracket to start from?

Honestly just have fun with it. Make some picks with your head, some picks with your heart, and some picks out of spite. gently caress you, Bill Self. Illinois is TOTALLY gonna beat Kansas in round 2.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Extended family is doing a bracket pool thing. I have no idea whatsoever about NCAA teams at this point. Can anyone recommend a primer or pre-done bracket to start from?

Pick which mascot would win in a fight for every game and you'll probably do as well as I ever have. Or pick favorite colors.

The fun of filling out a bracket is I can get my grandmother who has not watched a game all season to fill one out and win our little family tournament against a bunch of people who are really into college BB.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Really nice visual of the schedule of games over the next two days

https://twitter.com/jeremythiel12/status/1636019424418250754?t=HIyjUt9z2wXIiZ-CbLVDUg&s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Whose genius idea was it to have our game at 940. I bet it doesn’t start before 10EST.

I mean…I don’t have a job so I’ll stay up and watch but I’ll be sleepy dammit

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

brackets are due now like right now

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

borrow your friend's pen and finish it in the hall

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
It’s a new quarter today and I only connected this morning that one of my classes starts at 12:30 and UVA tips off at 12:40 and I’m wondering if even a quarter of the class will be there.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I already forgot most of my bracket picks let's loving goooooo

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I already forgot most of my bracket picks let's loving goooooo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

take me home country roads was inspired by a road in maryland

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Are we sure Bill Self isn't dead?

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Pick which mascot would win in a fight for every game and you'll probably do as well as I ever have. Or pick favorite colors.

The fun of filling out a bracket is I can get my grandmother who has not watched a game all season to fill one out and win our little family tournament against a bunch of people who are really into college BB.

This filled it out nicely, ty and to all who made suggestions.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's go the loving northwestern wildcats baby

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this is suboptimal

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is really helpful.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the browser and video applet ads are out of control this year

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hi maryland can you please gather your shits so that daddy doesn't have to throw his phone across the street in front of his coworkers?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Big Ten....bad?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh thank god Maryland is scoring again

let's see how the Virginia/Furman score is looking sgently caress!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rick posted:

ASU could beat TCU by 30 or lose to them by 30, who knows. Weird matchup and weird team.

Both teams are weird and apparently have the same issues. TCU has a slightly higher average of points scored per game though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I. M. Gei posted:

let's see how the Virginia/Furman score is looking sgently caress!!

Virginia is so painful to watch but what they do does work most of the time. Need someone to figure them out thoroughly so everyone can copycat what, if anything, does work against them and get that style completely out of the game.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Maryland closing the gap

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Go teams with Virginia in their name.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

you can give up six turnovers in six minutes and come back before the half, at the dance

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If I were a Furman player I would consider making some shots

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
WVU should take care of the ball and/or Maryland is really good with their hands. Some just silly turnovers going on recently here.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Freaquency posted:

I willed it to be

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Freaquency posted:

keep that recommendation going it seems to be working

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I got confused because the ncaa website was actually showing me game times in my time zone while I'm used to just assuming everything is in loving eastern time.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The Madness is palpable

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Virginia is so painful to watch but what they do does work most of the time. Need someone to figure them out thoroughly so everyone can copycat what, if anything, does work against them and get that style completely out of the game.

Shoot ball good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mdemone posted:

Shoot ball good

Something that college players can do is what I'm looking for.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Something that college players can do is what I'm looking for.

well in that case I got nothing. you could try just beating the poo poo out of them in a full court press or something, anything to get the tempo up

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Glad they put Virginia basketball in the morning so I don’t fall asleep watching them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Speaking of shooting good if shots fall Mizzou/Utah State should be a really fun game.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It may just be me here, but Maryland might not want to give up a 13-0 run in the 2nd half.

e: 16-0

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 16, 2023

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou making their shots early, that's a good sign since they've been struggling with that lately. i'd love it if they ran utah st. out of the building for the +1.5 disrespect from vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Stan Van Gundy and Avery Johnson sound remarkably similar.