Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

You're gonna be so humiliated when you realize Justyn Ross SZN began Thursday

I got my SZN pass babey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d3RJ-y6CKA

I enjoyed this more than I should have

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1699183010506035269

They're trading for bosa

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They were $7m over the salary cap.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Joke ruiner

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

McVay's beard trim game is weirding me out.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Looking at Doordash options on having wings delivered to my place on Thursday.

Also noticed a food cart in the newly-renovated pod across from work has wings, so I'm debating on just getting some there and having them be lukewarm when I arrive in time for kickoff.

Lazily checking Doordash while eating lunch & I got something ordered for Thursday.

May still get wings at the food cart, but it may be for a Wednesday lunch instead.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mahomes needs only one more MVP season to match Brady and also he's a better quarterback.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

Mahomes needs only one more MVP season to match Brady and also he's a better quarterback.

This is a ridiculous statement

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

I think you fail to recognize how much a majority of this place hates Tom Brady

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Clearly the real test will be to see if Mahomes wins another Super Bowl without Reid.

He will

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Clearly the real test will be to see if Mahomes wins another Super Bowl without Reid.

He will

Based on what?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Anything and everything Kirk winds up in they have him do the “you like that” thing

It was only barely funny the first time, the well is truly dry at this point

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Mahomes is clearly more physically gifted, has better production per season, and has been the pretty clear consensus, tier-of-his-own quarterback for basically his entire career. If you were to choose a quarterback to helm your team and you could choose between prime Mahomes and prime Brady, it's Mahomes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

fsif posted:

Mahomes is clearly more physically gifted, has better production per season, and has been the pretty clear consensus, tier-of-his-own quarterback for basically his entire career. If you were to choose a quarterback to helm your team and you could choose between prime Mahomes and prime Brady, it's Mahomes.

^
+Patriots literally cheated
+Brady had stronger supporting rosters

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schatz did his statty things.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1699071162029088809?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Mahomes has only lost one super bowl

i don't remember who he lost to though

i don't think that's important

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Somebody post the pic of Mahomes from that Super Bowl where he’s in midair parallel to the ground and he throws it many yards to the end zone and hits his receiver in the face mask who drops it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am the Mahomes defender and I’m always logged on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Also he doesn’t cheat

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

fartknocker posted:

Also he doesn’t cheat

Which is why Brady fans will never accept him as the GOAT. I mean, he doesn't even cheat! How dedicated to winning can he really be?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Also he doesn’t cheat

yet simultaneously is a cheat code, makes you think

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

dingo with a joint posted:

Which is why Brady fans will never accept him as the GOAT. I mean, he doesn't even cheat! How dedicated to winning can he really be?

Yeah, but Brady fans should be shunned from society and punished harshly for their crimes.

In short, gently caress Tom Brady.

kiimo posted:

yet simultaneously is a cheat code, makes you think

Mahomes is also fun to watch and doesn’t scream at the refs begging for a flag if a defender’s finger touches his body.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tom Brady is pretty cool IMO

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mahomes is good and cool and I hate him purely because my team doesn't have him

gently caress Tom Brady with a cactus

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Sunday Morning posted:

Mahomes has only lost one super bowl

i don't remember who he lost to though

i don't think that's important

Mahomes lost a Super Bowl to a future first ballot HoFer.

Brady lost two Super Bowls to the bad Manning and one to some fan that wandered on to the Eagles sideline.

Mahomes is clearly the better QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Going to try to go through the season not posting anything about Mahomes other than 'wow' in some fashion if he does something of note. Or if I think he did a thing wrong say that and then nope out of it.

I mean, we can't keep arguing that the guy isn't good at football. Well you can, but you're not serious about it, so I see no reason to fight.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Mahomes won his Super Bowls with a coach that's been way better at multiple teams. Brady carried a coach that came from the Cleveland Browns, and hasn't won anything before/after him, to multiple rings.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mahomes reminds me of watching Joe Sakic or Peter Forsberg on the old Avalanche teams. I hated watching them play against my team because they were that good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some guy went through every episode of Game of Thrones in every season in the watch threads and posted

I thought this episode was garbage, personally.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It took years of dedication and I'll never forget his sacrifice to the bit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its kinda weird how Nick Bosa's holdout has gotten 0 press, espcially compared to the RBs and Chris Jones

how has Bosas demands not leaked out yet

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

I think you fail to recognize how much a majority of this place hates Tom Brady

Recency bias as well. Mahomes isn't even as good as prime Peyton Manning.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Recency bias as well. Mahomes isn't even as good as prime Daunte Culpepper.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bucs/Bills WR Mike Williams died.

https://twitter.com/jonscotttv/status/1699227981560864974?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Prime Manning's prime was his 15th year and Mahomes beat every other of his years in his first season starting but go off

In 17 years Manning got 5k yards and 50 tds once.

in 1 year Mahomes did it

Now, give me Marino and you're on to something

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 6, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Recency bias as well. Mahomes isn't even as good as prime Peyton Manning.

I think that's arguable.

But yeah there have always been more physically gifted QBs than Brady. Rodgers is a more physically gifted QB than Brady.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

And honestly if you wanna go back further Randall Cunningham is still the most amazing athletic QB I've ever seen. Mahomes can't even hold a candle to what he could do. Just imagine if Cunningham played in today's era.

kiimo posted:

Prime Manning's prime was his 15th year and Mahomes beat every other of his years in his first season starting but go off

In 17 years Manning got 5k yards and 50 tds once.

in 1 year Mahomes did it

Different eras, it's a useless to compare counting stats.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There's like easily a dozen QBs, minimum, in league history who have been better at throwing the ball than Brady.

None of them won 7 Super Bowls. Brady might not have been the best quarterback, but he's the greatest and no one else comes close (so far).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's like easily a dozen QBs, minimum, in league history who have been better at throwing the ball than Brady.

None of them won 7 Super Bowls. Brady might not have been the best quarterback, but he's the greatest and no one else comes close (so far).

Yup

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

gently caress, this sucks. And I just found my Mike Williams jersey last week.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

I think that's arguable.

But yeah there have always been more physically gifted QBs than Brady. Rodgers is a more physically gifted QB than Brady.

If Rodgers had :
11-3 playoff record
3 Super Bowl appearances
2 Super Bowl wins
5 AFC championship appearances

All in his first five seasons as a starter I’m sure plenty of people would have said he was better than Brady too.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well the post that started this said Mahomes was better, not greater, so there you go.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 6, 2023