Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

I'm glad the Browns suck

Despera posted:

Deshawn once again does not get a happy ending

AndrewP posted:

I really am sorry for our Browns brethren here at TFF

(but this is tremendous content)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If it is a burner it's not a particularly stealthy one.
https://twitter.com/BallsDeepInYm3/status/1703997027082797112?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao I hope it's a burner and his line finds out he's talking poo poo.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

He's got the lowest-energy dropback in the NFL

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Lol even with the injury to the RT, the Browns have a top 10 OL. If it's not Watson's burner, it's a hell of a delusional fan. Is he expecting 10 seconds in the pocket every play with TJ loving Watt on the other team? Not once did Watson look good under pressure yesterday.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MJeff posted:

Watson isn't going to get them a super bowl, so imo, the Browns should start trying wacky schemes to get rid of him so they can get that money back.
The Browns trying to Brewster's Millions-ing their way out of Deshawn's contract would be funny as hell.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

If it is a burner it's not a particularly stealthy one.
https://twitter.com/BallsDeepInYm3/status/1703997027082797112?s=20

As a Browns fan, I hope this is true because it’s real loving funny. gently caress Deshaun Watson.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Location is Georgia, could also be a parent

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is why Miles Sanders earns the big bucks.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

As a Browns fan, I hope this is true because it’s real loving funny. gently caress Deshaun Watson.

I hope it's true because it's really funny when you consider the bullshit the FO leaked about going after Watson because they wanted an "Adult" at quarterback.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Watson sending burner tweets through a VPN would be the "Adult" QB behavior the Browns were looking for. Two steps ahead

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Same. I was in 'I hope the team goes 0-17 and Watson is the worst QB in NFL history, but I love Chubb, let him get like 3000 yards rushing' mode.

With Chubb hurt now Watson burning the franchise down is the best option.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Whomever talked Ross out of trading for Watson deserves a 5% stake in the team.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Once Flores was gone the biggest champion for Watson was gone

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

rjmccall posted:

I think you can just set the location manually on the profile.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What was up with the Panthers subbing in Dalton on various critical downs last night? I wasn't fully paying attention but I saw him come in once on a possible 4th down QB sneak, and then again on what I think was a late 3rd down where they just tossed it to Miles Sanders. Do they not trust Young on important plays? The worst trick play package ever?

I enjoy &e as much as the next poster but why are you subbing out the #1 overall pick multiple times

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

What was up with the Panthers subbing in Dalton on various critical downs last night? I wasn't fully paying attention but I saw him come in once on a possible 4th down QB sneak, and then again on what I think was a late 3rd down where they just tossed it to Miles Sanders. Do they not trust Young on important plays? The worst trick play package ever?

I enjoy &e as much as the next poster but why are you subbing out the #1 overall pick multiple times

I also assumed that they were going to attempt to run QB sneak with him, but it never happened, so I couldn't tell you why. Outside of QB sneak, it wasn't like he did anything that Young couldn't have done, so yeah, it may be a matter of Reich not trusting Young.

Or it could be that Reich isn't good at playcalling, idk

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They were both sneak-plausible situations, so I think they wanted the opposing D to think a sneak was coming with the bigger QB in the game. (And maybe Dalton had the freedom to sneak it if the D presented a favorable front)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

wilderthanmild posted:

I think you can just set the location manually on the profile.

Sure. I’m just saying that about half the time these burners turn out to be a relative, and that would match the location info because Watson’s family is from Georgia. And if this were Watson’s burner, he probably wouldn’t intentionally choose Georgia where he grew up, he’d pick somewhere he has no connection to. And family members are usually olds who don’t know about location tracking and think that they can get away with burners because how could anyone ever figure it out???

And it would still be funny.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
One conference hasn't been 6 - 0 against another conference since 1977, 11 years before I was born. But here we are.

Also funny because it really seemed like the AFC had all the best young QBs (still pretty much true tbh) and was on their way to a decade of total domination.

Quiet Feet posted:

This is why Miles Sanders earns the big bucks.

Nice subtle little push too, pro buddy move

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Play posted:

One conference hasn't been 6 - 0 against another conference since 1977, 11 years before I was born. But here we are.

Also funny because it really seemed like the AFC had all the best young QBs (still pretty much true tbh) and was on their way to a decade of total domination.

Nice subtle little push too, pro buddy move

that's super funny. have any of the good AFC QBs lost to the NFC besides that Chiefs/Lions opening night game?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

that's super funny. have any of the good AFC QBs lost to the NFC besides that Chiefs/Lions opening night game?

Full list is Lions Chiefs, Niners Steelers, Titans Saints, Eagles Patriots, Jets Cowboys, and Commanders Broncos.

So no, not really. Apart from Lions Chiefs it's really more about the particular matchups and random chance than anything else.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

xbilkis posted:

They were both sneak-plausible situations, so I think they wanted the opposing D to think a sneak was coming with the bigger QB in the game. (And maybe Dalton had the freedom to sneak it if the D presented a favorable front)

Reich did the same thing with Jacoby Brissett when he was in Indy, he’d sub him in for sneaks and stuff every now and then, particularly the year they have Rivers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They don't want to break their little boy qb

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

As far as I'm concerned, the Browns loving died today with Nick Chubb's knee. So loving depressing that my favorite player is gone, especially since so many seem to think it's a career ender given his history. He's basically the Anti-Watson, good guy on and off the field.

I was talking to my fellow football enthusiast at work today and told him the same thing. Even going into the season there wasn't anything to look forward to because I don't want Watson or Haslam to ever have a good moment the rest of their lives but at least the defense and run game was fun to watch. Now it's just going to be a great defense getting ground to dust by endless 3 and outs. I've been watching almost every game plus going to a ton, including most of the legendary terrible games, over the past 20 years but I moved out of the Cleveland area 5 years ago and haven't looked back. I followed the Browns by getting Sunday Ticket but this is definitely the last year of that.

I was thinking to myself last night that I don't know why I even feel obligated to care about them now other than inertia so I might switch to a team worth enjoying or just stop caring about the NFL altogether.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just become a fan agnostic & root for maximum clownball.

We got just the apparel for you too:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Since we’re piling on Fields, here’s Baldys breakdown.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1704178458924921125?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Same. I was in 'I hope the team goes 0-17 and Watson is the worst QB in NFL history, but I love Chubb, let him get like 3000 yards rushing' mode.

With Chubb hurt now Watson burning the franchise down is the best option.

Does anyone have any idea why Watson is suddenly so bad? Every single team that needed a QB asked about him so in general doesn’t seem like the scouts thought he was going to be cooked?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Adun posted:

Does anyone have any idea why Watson is suddenly so bad? Every single team that needed a QB asked about him so in general doesn’t seem like the scouts thought he was going to be cooked?

He didn't play competitive football for 2 years, let alone at the NFL level. Skill rot is real

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also Prime Hopkins was a cheat code for chucking it deep.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He didn't play competitive football for 2 years, let alone at the NFL level. Skill rot is real

Pretend I’m typing “but the jets should answer kaep’s calls” in the SpongeBob meme text.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Also Prime Hopkins was a cheat code for chucking it deep.

This is why (along with the other obvious thing) I hated the Deshaun pickup. Peak Nuk was doing insane poo poo. Why anyone thought there was some magic in a guy that scrambled a lot and threw to a (at the time) top 5 receiver in a mediocre offense that hadn't been on a field in drat near 2 years is beyond me. And, welp, guess the gently caress what? It wasn't just rust in the last 6 games last season. He's looked like dogshit in both games this year, too!

And now St. Chubb, He of The Run Established, has fallen. Those manufacturing jobs came back because, baby, the Factory of Sadness is fuckin' OPEN.

p.s. would totally suck if Haslam fell in a lake in Minecraft

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

watson's best season by a significant margin was throwing to brandon cooks and will fuller, with a mediocre run game. hopkins was gone. he absolutely became what he is now, rather than always being that way and hiding it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

When you’ve lost Baldy…

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

God drat, I can't believe the vegan ohio state qb drafted by the bears is ungodly loving horrible

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Roasted Donut posted:

God drat, I can't believe the vegan ohio state qb drafted by the bears is ungodly loving horrible

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tbh after watching Cams career be significantly shortened by using him like a fullback for a lot of his career. Bringing in the red rifle to take the cheap shots in a pile doesn't strike me as a terrible idea.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cavauro posted:

watson's best season by a significant margin was throwing to brandon cooks and will fuller, with a mediocre run game. hopkins was gone. he absolutely became what he is now, rather than always being that way and hiding it.

yeah

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Those manufacturing jobs came back because, baby, the Factory of Sadness is fuckin' OPEN.

That partnership they inked with the Jets really got em cranking again.

BlindSite posted:

Tbh after watching Cams career be significantly shortened by using him like a fullback for a lot of his career. Bringing in the red rifle to take the cheap shots in a pile doesn't strike me as a terrible idea.

Doubly so when you could fit two of your shiny new #1 pick qb inside of Cam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bryce_needs_weapons.x

https://twitter.com/throwthedamball/status/1704243969457013191?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA