Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's an upgrade

Trevor: 59% 4.0% TD / 2.7% Int, 200 YPG
Zach: 55% 2.4% TD / 3.1% Int, 180 YPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

He's an upgrade

yeah it's marginal but lol at Siemian being an upgrade in like every category except scrambles (and double lol at the dead empty Awards and Honors section here)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

2023 pre-season:

Zach Wilson
66.1% (37/56)
365 yards
1 TD 0 INT

Trevor Siemian
55.4% (36/65)
316 yards
0 TD 2 INT

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tomsula the mic rula

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trevor will lead the Jets to victory at the Alamo Bowl.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38496675/raiders-chandler-jones-says-was-hospitalized-will

I know he’s had some issues but this is messed up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Raiders appear to be trying to use the police and the mental health system as a cudgel against a player in real time, possibly to cover up the assault of a minor, and I'm not sure why that's not a bigger deal.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 26, 2023

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

yeah it's marginal but lol at Siemian being an upgrade in like every category except scrambles (and double lol at the dead empty Awards and Honors section here)

Even scrambles is misleading because Zach routinely runs backwards 20 yards and gets sacked but those probably arent counted towards his rushing total

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Tomsula the mic rula

Great, now I can't see that name again without hearing Schoolly D

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh wow, Tampa police are investigating Mike Williams’ death (the retired TB WR who died in a construction accident, not the Chargers player) after several people went to the paper saying he asked them to bring him Percocet while he was in the hospital.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Tomsula the mic rula

Genuinely happy for him.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i await the vindication of Sach Wilson

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It is very difficult to legally IVC someone (I've had to do it once) and just reading his comments in the article, he sounds psychotic.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wait, a 36 year old former pro athlete dies and police were initially like "nah, this is probably all good and normal."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

It is very difficult to legally IVC someone (I've had to do it once) and just reading his comments in the article, he sounds psychotic.

idk man he said right there that he's "very sane." seems fine to me

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
The Jets are the team that just keeps on giving

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

idk man he said right there that he's "very sane." seems fine to me

quote:

He wrote in his post to X on Monday night, "First day out but I'm still aligned," indicating that Monday was his first day out of the facility. He attached journal entries plus a statement of "patient rights" from the Seven Hills Behavioral Health Hospital in Las Vegas, highlighting sections of the document he believes were not followed by the facility.

Have you ever been misaligned?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I remember when he misaligned Mac Jones.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The whole Chandler Jones situation sounds like a wild rabbit hole that I am not prepared to go down. Players hate their coaches/owners all the time, but they usually don’t publicly accuse them of hiding information about minor’s getting sexually assaulted.

But drugging a guy against his will and holding him in a mental hospital is also a pretty wild accusation.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm not sure I care for the game of oneupmanship the Bears and Raiders are playing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Slowpoke! posted:

The whole Chandler Jones situation sounds like a wild rabbit hole that I am not prepared to go down. Players hate their coaches/owners all the time, but they usually don’t publicly accuse them of hiding information about minor’s getting sexually assaulted.

But drugging a guy against his will and holding him in a mental hospital is also a pretty wild accusation.

He's posted some of the your rights paperwork but also deleted the child abuse claims stuff and claims that was from getting hacked.

Gonna lean toward dude is not well while acknowledging we don't know poo poo.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MJeff posted:

The Raiders appear to be trying to use the police and the mental health system as a cudgel against a player in real time, possibly to cover up the assault of a minor, and I'm not sure why that's not a bigger deal.

Nobody knows poo poo and I'd have to imagine that if there were credible accusations of a child being molested then there would be a LOT more smoke around this story. In the same breath of mentioning the molestation, Jones insinuated that he would've kept quiet if the team let him play. That sounds incredibly wild to me but I'm just an rear end in a top hat on the internet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

So the Ravens drafted Kyle Hamilton to play safety. The problem is he's maybe the best nickel CB they've ever had.

Last year he played nickel out of necessity and was awesome. This year they wanted him back at safety... then everyone got hurt, and the Ravens were basically forced to line up him at nickel again. Which only resulted in three sacks and a half dozen other defensive stops. He's also huge, a great tackler and can fit the run. Just insanely impactful around the LOS.

He seems almost like some weird DB/LB hybrid player.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I drafted him in dynasty and everyone laughed that I took an IDP in a draft.

He got me 30 points this week. He's a complete stud

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

He's an upgrade

Damning

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Docjowles posted:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CJ Stroud the new Stat Padford confirmed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's nice seeing so much Love in the top of these stats :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Btw, Tomsula gave an interview where he was like, the 49ers gave him life changing money, and he loved his first go around with NFL Europe, so got to go back and is having the time of his life.

Good for him.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
I think that chart loving sucks and it makes me feel bad :(

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1706786358482899143

On the one hand: There's no way this happens. And the "references" at the end are gold.

On the other hand: The Jets practice squad should be made up of 16 quarterbacks in the hopes that at least one is better than Zach Wilson.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Someone should just loving hire Kaep so everyone can see what it looks like when a dude who ain’t played for seven years takes the field and we can all just move on imo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

Someone should just loving hire Kaep so everyone can see what it looks like when a dude who ain’t played for seven years takes the field and we can all just move on imo
Amen.

I love me some Kaep and wish him the best but... yeah.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wait, a 36 year old former pro athlete dies and police were initially like "nah, this is probably all good and normal."

He suffered severe injuries in a construction accident and then was in the ICU with a staph infection. After he died people started reporting he was hitting them up to sneak in pain meds while he was in the hospital because he didn’t think they were giving him enough. Then he died of respiratory failure.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How are people still loving going on about how Kaep can't play anymore because he hasn't played in years, as though the NFL isn't entirely responsible for that problem? Thank you ceaselessly responding to his obvious attempts to point out how the NFL blacklisted him for political reasons with an absolutely bullshit justification for why the NFL is actually correct now to continue their bigoted actions because well, obviously he can't compete anymore. It's a good thing for the NFL that the theory will literally never be tested due to the aforementioned politically motivated and racist blacklisting. SHUT THE gently caress UP

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

THE JETS HAVE HAD THIS LEVEL OF PLAY FOR LONGER THAN KAEP HAS BEEN OUT OF THE LEAGUE. IT IS NOT A SKILL ISSUE. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We must maintain the sanctity of the practice squad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sirtommygunn posted:

How are people still loving going on about how Kaep can't play anymore because he hasn't played in years, as though the NFL isn't entirely responsible for that problem? Thank you ceaselessly responding to his obvious attempts to point out how the NFL blacklisted him for political reasons with an absolutely bullshit justification for why the NFL is actually correct now to continue their bigoted actions because well, obviously he can't compete anymore. It's a good thing for the NFL that the theory will literally never be tested due to the aforementioned politically motivated and racist blacklisting. SHUT THE gently caress UP

:same:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

sirtommygunn posted:

THE JETS HAVE HAD THIS LEVEL OF PLAY FOR LONGER THAN KAEP HAS BEEN OUT OF THE LEAGUE. IT IS NOT A SKILL ISSUE. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

skill issue (for the jets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I want him to play if only to see what a man born in '87 can do after 7 years on the shelf. I know he still exercises but I feel that going from his high level of day-to-day athleticism to the NFL would be roughly the same type of jump as me getting my rear end off the couch and back to the gym