Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

where are the trades. give me the trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Brian Burns is going to end up on the 49ers somehow and I'm going to die a little more on the inside. And it'll be for pennies on the dollar because lol Panthers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Can a coach/GM trade themselves? Asking for a friend.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Coaches have been traded, not sure about GMs though.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Trade them to the sun god for a good harvest

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I would like for one of these teams carrying a bunch of cap space to trade for Emmanual Ogbah please I'm looking at you Cleveland he might be fun in a wide-9 front.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Renfrow can probably be had for a McDouble and a can of skoal.

Adams might demand a trade if tomorrow goes poorly.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

What happened to Renfrew? He was like a budding star and then... McDaniels?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Hizawk posted:

What happened to Renfrew? He was like a budding star and then... McDaniels?

I think if you think "what happened to [raiders player]" you can be at least 75% certain the answer is "mcdaniels"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
McDaniels pretty much phases out anyone who's not one of "his guys". He was clearly wanting to get rid of Jacobs last year, he actually played meaningful snaps in the Hall of Fame game, but dude went out and won a rushing title so...

It's hard to ignore how amazing Adams is but McD has been trying to highlight Jakobi Meyers instead lately so yeah, McD isn't good at the head coach thing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
the patriot way

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think Mike McDaniel has upped the bar of what we should be expecting from our offensive-minded HCs significantly and Josh McDaniels should be fired mid-season because why wait

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus the clear locker room issue that he immediately solved. It can’t be understated how poisonous the team was under Flores.

Turns out you just flat out do not know how to manage talent if you’re a Belichick disciple

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

oops

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Turns out you just flat out do not know how to manage talent if you’re a Belichick disciple

well that's fixable, just luck into a HoF quarterback to buoy you in a weak division every year and then trick everyone into thinking you're actually the genius

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If the Raiders really wanted to embrace the Patriot way they'd be 1-5.

Not that I can blame a lack of trying, McDaniels is trying his damndest to lose games, but only so much you can do against the likes of the Broncos.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Black Sunshine posted:

McDaniels pretty much phases out anyone who's not one of "his guys". He was clearly wanting to get rid of Jacobs last year, he actually played meaningful snaps in the Hall of Fame game, but dude went out and won a rushing title so...

It's hard to ignore how amazing Adams is but McD has been trying to highlight Jakobi Meyers instead lately so yeah, McD isn't good at the head coach thing.

Meyers is a solid WR2 who is eating cause Adams draws the attention wherever he goes, Mack Hollins was doing a worse version of the same thing last year

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Eagles land Kevin Byard for some pocket lint. Who is the next domino?

More importantly, how much would it cost to land Chase Young. I assume at least a 2nd rounder because Washington can reasonably assume a 4/5th round comp pick if they lose him in free agency.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would think it would be much more expensive than that to land Chase Young. An older Von Miller went for two second rounders. I imagine Young would be a first+

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Von Miller is better than Chase Young and the Rams actively dislike having 1st round picks. 9 Weeks of Young for a first rounder is way, way too much.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don't trust Chase Young to be good enough for what he'll probably command. Rather swing for Brian Burns honestly

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I want Chase in Baltimore for the simple fact that he's a competent starter who is a local kid. For the same reason I'd like Addison over Zay Flowers even though Flowers is the much better compliment to Lamar's play style.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Von Miller is better than Chase Young and the Rams actively dislike having 1st round picks. 9 Weeks of Young for a first rounder is way, way too much.

Von Miller is much, much older. If you're trading for Chase, it's gonna cost a 1st at a minimum and would come with a contract extension.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Kalli posted:

Von Miller is much, much older. If you're trading for Chase, it's gonna cost a 1st at a minimum and would come with a contract extension.

This, you make the trade conditional on signing him to a big extension as well. I don't see any way a team gets him for less than a first.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Washington knows they're probably not going to re-sign both of their impending free agent DEs and teams aren't fully bought in on Young as an impact player yet, I could see them having to settle for a second rounder. Agree that it's more likely than not they could draw a first, but it's not a given that the Commanders would just stand pat if the market for Young/Sweat is cooler than expected

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Roquan Smith seems the most obvious comparison for a Chase trade. Foundational defensive piece that you get for half a season before paying 20 million a year. Pass rusher is the more premium position but Smith was a hell of a lot better on his rookie contract than Chase. So maybe 2nd and a day 3 pick.

Too rich for Baltimore at this point. Especially since they are the lead leader in sacks right now anyway.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Would chase young be considered a foundational piece?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd hope so if you're trading a first round pick for him in order to pay him FA pass rusher money.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’ll likely use Miamis overpay as the basis

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can’t see either as worth a first. Young has not been that guy so far in his career and Sweat is a nice player but is more ‘good’ than ‘great’. At least Sweat has consistently played and produced.

Yannick Ngakoue seems like a pretty good comp to Sweat and he commanded a 2021 third and a 2022 conditional fifth when he was traded to the Ravens. Chase Young I have no idea but I’d probably offer a third and stay put. It’s pure hope and projection for him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I only want a sure upgrade. Sweat would be acceptable, but no higher than a 3rd. I still think we should get Davante Adams if at all possible. I don't think I'd trade a first for anyone though

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Adams would be an upgrade but I really don’t see the front office trading what would probably have to be serious draft capital to take on that contract, especially with Bateman seemingly getting stronger each week. And I think there’s a chance the Ravens use less 11 personnel moving forward considering how well the heavier packages worked vs Detroit.

I kind of like the Sweat idea, lets you rotate guys out more down the stretch. KVN and Clowney have been great but I’m less confident they’ll maintain this level for the whole season at their current snap counts.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't think we should base too much of what we do on the Detroit game. While it was great, it's not always going to be that easy with Detroit having a bad defensive gameplan and us having better than you'd ever expect pass protection. This happened with the Bengals game too and then we had all the issues the following week when the Colts front gave us issues.

I don't trust that the drop issues are over. Bateman has had drop problems since he first played for us. Flowers has had drops and another drop on a bubble screen type play this past game. Agholor's career has been plagued by bad drops and even Andrews has his issues with them. Beckham has good hands still but isn't the type of guy who's going to take over a game for you at this point in his career. That's why I think getting a reliable pair of hands is something we need to look into.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Would the niners need Burns?

Win now mode, first rounder probably isn’t that great, not paying an expensive qb for another couple seasons, familiar with Wilks etc

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lots of teams imo. Bills should be looking to make a splash on defense too.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AndrewP posted:

Lots of teams imo. Bills should be looking to make a splash on defense too.
Edge is kind of the one place we’re mostly good at. I mean, I suppose you can never have enough, but what’s killing us is our corners. Taron Johnson is a great nickel, but our outside corners are pretty bad. Christian Benford is the best of the bunch but has no business going against a #1 receiver. Dane Jackson sucks and Kaiir Elam seems broken. After that you’re getting into career PS guys. If our depth weren’t so atrocious, I could see us trading Elam away for peanuts. We still might!

But the fact that the offense is currently broken makes me think we might be better off selling than buying. Who wants to rent an AJ Epenesa? Anyone dumb enough to pay Gabe Davis?

If we were buying, our priorities should be CB, WR, and DT, as those are really holding us back. Just not nearly as much as the offensive woes. 10 first half points in the past 3 games!!!!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t think you should ever sell if you have an elite QB unless he gets injured or you’re hopelessly out of the playoff race. Allen gives you a chance even from the last WC seed.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Surtain is probably worth at least 2 firsts. Elite corner who is under control for 2 more years after this one and pretty cheap next year. I'd be absolutely shocked if he got traded.

Surtain is exactly the type of player you're hoping to get with a high first round pick. Any trade that doesn't get you a high first plus something very compelling (i.e. another first) is just a net loss, unless you have unique circumstances like a soured relationship with the player and a high chance they'll sit out or demand a trade.

I've seen a lot of mock trades that involve the Broncos giving Surtain up for a single first or less, and it always makes me think of Peter Griffin saying "A boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!".

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 25, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who is trading for DHop and what will the compensation be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of the teams that has been the browns. $1000