Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So assuming everyone in my team is ok with it (checking now but some people are surely asleep), I propose that I will announce the name of who to target with the kill in a hammer for no execute. Then we move to night, everyone with a kill targets that player, they join the cult and that should give us control of the vote and let everyone win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it may be the case that cube & tpc can't both win tonight but i'd like to avoid dragging things out so if that's the case we should execute one of them.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

wins32767 posted:

So assuming everyone in my team is ok with it (checking now but some people are surely asleep), I propose that I will announce the name of who to target with the kill in a hammer for no execute. Then we move to night, everyone with a kill targets that player, they join the cult and that should give us control of the vote and let everyone win.

Don't you allegedly already have control of the vote?

lih
May 15, 2013

the cult controls the vote but that isn't quite the win condition otherwise the game would be over. my understanding is if more people join the cult then the game will end but i'm not sure exactly how many more are needed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ah the cult victory, most bastardly victory of all

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

lih posted:

the cult controls the vote but that isn't quite the win condition otherwise the game would be over. my understanding is if more people join the cult then the game will end but i'm not sure exactly how many more are needed.

Since MSRR is back, if they're still scum, they could kill you now since I've announced you're SURV aligned.

Missing you and your extra votes, it's unclear if the cult would still have control today.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Since MSRR is back, if they're still scum, they could kill you now since I've announced you're SURV aligned.

Missing you and your extra votes, it's unclear if the cult would still have control today.

We would. Look, we’re trying to let everyone win, if you don’t want to play ball, we can just vote you out. I’ve spent all day trying to get the most people a win I can and my patience is exhausted. This has been like the least fun part of my day job.

lih
May 15, 2013

msrr's dayvig only works on people who are currently voting for them, doesn't it? or is there some other scum dayvig? regardless they wouldn't really have any reason to & could just join the cult tonight, and meen's faction's wincon is at least claimed to be compatible with the other wincons

some people may be able to draw out the game further if they deliberately played against their most viable wincons i guess but i'm not interested in worrying about such a true bastard move.

we're just waiting for people to wake up and vote out one of you.

lih
May 15, 2013

and yes, killing me doesn't change anything of substance here

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CubicalSucrose posted:

I am still scum. But, I'm sorry to say, I was also always cult all along.

lih
May 15, 2013

do you get a prize for having the most alignments or is there someone with more

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
It's a little something like that, yeah

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##doublevote cube

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote cube
##doublevote cube

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

[quote="Hal Incandenza" post="53821444
##vote cube
##doublevote cube
[/quote]

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

poo poo was that hammer

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

no wait we can post after hammer in this game it's fine

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: CubicalSucrose has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 3

CubicalSucrose (7): gay for gacha, My Second Re-Reg, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Ghoti Fillet, wins32767, Anonymous
Your Personal Muse (1): CubicalSucrose, gay for gacha, gay for gacha
Ghoti Fillet (1): My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg
Execute No One! (1): CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose
Tea Party Crasher (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, Ghoti Fillet, Ghoti Fillet

Not Voting (4): lih, mycelia, Toalpaz, Your Personal Muse

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 07th, 2024 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 6 hours, 21 minutes.

If you wanted to vote for me (I. M. Meen), you'd vote for Ghoti Fillet, But you'll forfeit the friendship orthowin ending if you don't kill my partner first.

+1 vote for No Execution Unvoted! Sell me on this and I'll go back, otherwise no.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CubicalSucrose (8): gay for gacha, My Second Re-Reg, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, mycelia, Ghoti Fillet, wins32767, Anonymous
Your Personal Muse (1): CubicalSucrose, gay for gacha, gay for gacha
Ghoti Fillet (1): My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg
Execute No One! (1): CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose
Tea Party Crasher (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, My Second Re-Reg, My Second Re-Reg, Ghoti Fillet, Ghoti Fillet

Not Voting (3): lih, Toalpaz, Your Personal Muse

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 07th, 2024 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 6 hours, 21 minutes.

If you wanted to vote for me (I. M. Meen), you'd vote for Ghoti Fillet, But you'll forfeit the friendship orthowin ending if you don't kill my partner first.

+1 vote for No Execution Unvoted! Sell me on this and I'll go back, otherwise no.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

CubicalSucrose was executed Day 3!

quote:

You are the BTK Killer. You are Self-aligned and win when you are the last player standing. You may message a player at night at the same time that you perform a kill, and they may respond to your message, both within Discord message limits.

Day 3 is over! Night 3 is in! 24 hours for actions.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

MSRR, you gotta try and kill Hal, okay? See you soon!

lih
May 15, 2013

hmm why didn't cube have a monkey paw power

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Cube did before his original death - they may not have transferred when he rez'd

lih
May 15, 2013

he replaced tammy didn't he? and clearly there was something going on with him given you're alive

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Night 3 ends in the death of TeaPartyCrasher!

quote:

You are Infinitum, Tapeworm, Self-aligned

You are a parasitic intestinal worm, a hardy invertebrate that feeds on host nutrients. Once per night you may use one of the following abilities:

Evade Immune System- You coat yourself in host macromolecules, disguising you from the immune system. If investigated you will return a Body-aligned result. In addition the following day you will require +1 extra vote to be lunched.

Entrench- Using your suckers and hooks you grip harder onto the intestinal wall and harden your outer cuticle granting you bulletproof. However, if investigated you will return a Pathogen-aligned result and in addition will require -1 extra vote to be lunched the following day.

You win by surviving until endgame.

You have been blessed by the monkey's paw with the following abilities:

You may ##equip yourself to another player at night and become lover masons with them. If someone kills either you or the other player, whoever is left over dies as well.

Game ends in a TOWN, SURVIVOR, BLENDER, AND CULT VICTORY!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Well, that was fun, even though somewhere past 40 things to keep track of across 26 or so channels stuff is hard to keep straight. It's gonna be a bit before I try that kind of thing solo again.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Thank you for trusting us, Team Survivor :shobon: That was really fun! I started out as the cult leader, but handed over my crown to Hal.

Also I think I'm the one that got MSRR and co killed...sorry...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Gg ez

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Some design notes:

• This was sort of a Galaxy-Sane Mafia sequel, taking into account Yami's excellent idea to give the different factions genuinely different wincons.
  • Sandwolf's faction change happened because I realized with a single comment that he wasn't happy with the roll and in the spur of the moment I figured why not offer him a different faction? Then I rolled SK on him, and came to realize that his former teammates would end up having to kill him. Not ideal. I'm indebted to Cube for suggesting the Snoop alignment after a fashion.
  • Gacha correctly pointed out that I forgot to offer the chance to save either Cpig or MSRR from death on Night 2. This resulted in them being brought back to life also sharing my town alignment because it was funnier that way (and would also make it so Cpig didn't have to stick around for several nights to win by ortho or join the cult first). The bulletproof for the faction was a later addition and I think that contributed to the mistake, but it's just an explanation, not an excuse.
  • Obs got four prizes from guessing at details of the game - confessional ghost, doctor/roleblock, loudify/silence, and the option to resurrect/add a player/add the mod to the game. They chose the most bastard option, and they're also the reason everyone got powers. I couldn't play that one straight because what fun is that???? Instead, I randomized all the powers from confessionals while adapting them a bit so they made sense.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

mycelia posted:

Thank you for trusting us, Team Survivor :shobon: That was really fun! I started out as the cult leader, but handed over my crown to Hal.

Also I think I'm the one that got MSRR and co killed...sorry...

It was already a bad night as it was for MSRR specifically with lih killing Fancy, wins bouncing onto Cube, and beet ascending with Sandwolf all on the same night leaving him as the only remaining scum player and then down to 3 in the SKs. Choosing to harm him with the oracle power just allowed me to take it the rest of the way by altering the SK kill action and how it worked out.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Huzzah! I think. We did win, right?

Either way ty for the game Iggy!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yay we won?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Everybody who has a trophy on Discord won, yeah.

Sandwolf won earlier with the Snoop alignment
hambeet won alongside Sandwolf via paw blessing orthowin
lih, YPM, and toal won with the Survivor alignment
wins, mycelia, and gacha won with the Cult alignment
Me and CPig won with the Town alignment
Hal won with the Blender and Cult alignment
MSRR won with the Blender and Town alignment

lih
May 15, 2013

thanks for the game, it was fun trying to puzzle out what was going on! it was a bit of a shame the game never got a chance to breathe properly - without the thunderdome day 2 might have been a bit more interesting overall even though it was very funny the way it went down and the game worked as a wild ride more than anything else

there were a lot of good ideas here that you could probably build an entire more serious game around - the multitude of factions with only somewhat conflicting win-conditions, the passive cult, etc. even if it was indeed chaos with all of them

i didn't pick up on the co-mod stuff being entirely fake but no one really showed much interest there and the game reached an end-game state before it was ever really relevant.

thanks to keats & zoya for their incorrect setup spec making me extremely paranoid and convinced that the survivors were the bounty hunter targets the entire game even though they only needed one of us. is the way the bh wincon worked that they just needed one of every other alignment dead and it didn't matter who? i don't think i ever would have figured that out with the info they had lol

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The bounty hunters needed 1 player of every alignment to die except for the cultists and snoop - they needed ALL of the cultists to die, whereas the snoop alignment didn't show up on their radar (I figured Sand had it bad enough with the scums gunning for him and the SKs knowing he entered under suspicious circumstances).

WRT the fake partner, that was there as something to make the town win condition a little bit more plausible than it otherwise would be if all I had was "haha, wow, please don't kill me, I swear I'm town", and the way D2 was intended to go was that I'd pull it out and then either live or throw people into chaos on my town flip. I was not expecting Keats to thunderdome beet and take me off the table before I even showed up as an option, that was funny as hell and made it a lot easier to sell myself as helpful in spite of being the overinformed mod of the game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s right! I’m a winner and beet helped!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

That’s right! I’m a winner and beet helped!!

I didn’t even do that! I just slipped through the door you left ajar!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It was very canny of you to guess that Sand would end up with more going on as a result of being picked up out of scumchat and throw in with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The times where there were only one set of foot prints on the beach?

That’s when sandwolf was carrying me.