Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Holy poo poo. These are really the worst fights I've ever seen on TUF. Whoever said that Dana should start having the turds that usually sit in the prelims come onto this show was absolutely right. At least those people are already in the UFC and he can get some heat for them instead of being forced to sign one of these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
I actually liked this fight for that very reason. Walsh moved like a spastic out there. He looked like he literally had no clue how to fight. I haven't seen anyone fight that poorly since watching Kimbo beat up his friends in his backyard.

Show's still unwatchable though. Where did BJ Penn's personality go? He sounds like he's been lobotomized.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I believe something entertaining will happen in both of the fights next episode because they didn't show any highlights like they usually do and they're "jamming" two fights into one episode. Lima is probably going to be the only one from the show who does anything, though I'm sure they'll slide the Irish Knight in as much as possible, even if he is garbage at everything but looking nice.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Has anybody even broken a door yet?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Keith Mars posted:

I actually liked this fight for that very reason. Walsh moved like a spastic out there. He looked like he literally had no clue how to fight. I haven't seen anyone fight that poorly since watching Kimbo beat up his friends in his backyard.

Show's still unwatchable though. Where did BJ Penn's personality go? He sounds like he's been lobotomized.

Walsh has the body of a dad and he admirably showed that he has the skills to back it up.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Walsh has the body of a dad and he admirably showed that he has the skills to back it up.

At times I thought he was winning the fight and I was thinking it would be the most TUF thing ever for the considerably shorter, considerably less muscular, and considerably less skilled fighter to win and move on to the finale.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This season is literally a cure for insomnia. If I have trouble getting to sleep or when my kids wake me up too early, I pick an episode out of the DVR and I'm out within 10 minutes. The only thing of any interest was the Mazzagatti point deduction/scoring weirdness.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Pat is clearly a weight class lower than Corey, which really shows that Corey isn't too great, despite the win. Reminded me of Bisping vs. Fat Josh Holmes a little.

Corey was tentative as gently caress for 90% of each round, and seemingly had a chance to stop the fight in both rounds if he had the sense or gas to just attack consistently. It's insane that he was losing the striking for big stretches to a guy who didn't once put his guard up.

He fights like a computer game character on easy mode, just standing there for you, not throwing anything.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Holy poo poo, two actual good-ish fights tonight!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Wow, they had 2 fights tonight, and both were good.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That wobbly knockdown at the end was pretty ugly. :unsmith: at Coleman comforting him afterwards.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I really didn't want the annoying Van Buren guy to win, but Spohn looked so loving terrible. Glad to see Lima do well, I think he should win and at least do more in the UFC than Colton loving Smith. Maybe we'll have another Roy Nelson/Tony Ferguson/Chiesa who just kinda flounders around in the middle of the divison; beating the bad fighters but losing to anyone good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spohn is a good dude but he's pretty terrible and I wouldn't be surprised if Coleman is the only reason he's on the show to begin with.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Frankie getting the sweep is pretty funny. Also that guy who won a weird decision and then was a dick about it getting iced in 20 seconds was funny.
Spohn seems to have no personality at all, but he admitted he underestimated his opponent and got deservedly beaten up for it, so at least he seems to have more self awareness than some of the other fighters. He also looked to be the only one who is actually big enough for 205, so I expect to see him get a contract either way because 205 is long gone from its days as the marquee division and new blood is good.
I think my favorite part of the episode was Chuck showing Spohn how to turn out of the clinch on the wall. My wife and I laughed out loud at how suddenly and forcefully Chuck just threw the guy around. I feel like Chuck would still be a top 10 205er if his knees had held together.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I think my favorite part of the episode was Chuck showing Spohn how to turn out of the clinch on the wall. My wife and I laughed out loud at how suddenly and forcefully Chuck just threw the guy around. I feel like Chuck would still be a top 10 205er if his knees had held together.

Not that they weren't a factor, but his losses had a lot more to do with his chin than his knees

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Did anyone else think those elbows were illegal as poo poo? A few hit the temple but the majority of them were just crack, crack, crack right on the back of Spohn's head. What a nasty way to go.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Chuck's whole deal was being able to eat a few shot with his hands low and then blitz in with devastating hillbilly punch/punch/kick/punch arms held in X YEEEEARGH cocaine parkinsons victory celebration

His chin was the part of this equation that went away.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Chuck's whole deal was being able to eat a few shot with his hands low and then blitz in with devastating hillbilly punch/punch/kick/punch arms held in X YEEEEARGH cocaine parkinsons victory celebration

His chin was the part of this equation that went away.

Yeah, Shogun has proven that a man can win a fight without knees.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, Shogun has proven that a man can win a fight without knees.

Judging by his recent performances in a cage and/or naked at gunpoint he does need a speedo to win things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I feel like chuck's chin was more protected when he was more mobile, though. His chin didn't start to disintegrate dramatically until he couldn't escape bad engagements anymore he used to take one or two shots to get his, but they weren't as on the button or frequent before he lost a step.

• Locked thread