Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

emoji posted:

Those people suck are and generally uninteresting because they make being sober, the normal and good state from which it ok to take the occasional vacation, their entire identity.

funneling my feces into your nostrils is also part of my identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

the great deceiver posted:

the world would be better if everyone was on acid 24/7

If we could figure out a way to solve the "lack of sleep" problem, this would be the best.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sobriety loving sucks but it also means that next time u go on a binge u will get a lot more hosed up, so i guess think about it that way

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
No, OP.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

emoji posted:

Those people suck are and generally uninteresting because they make being sober, the normal and good state from which it ok to take the occasional vacation, their entire identity.

Not those AA nerds. I mean those people who had real wild early lives but then settled down because of kids, sick parents, or something like that.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

In 1830 Snow became a member of the Temperance Movement, and lived for a decade or so as a vegetarian and teetotaler. In the mid-1840s his health deteriorated, and he returned to meat-eating and drinking wine.

so it is objectively bad

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ive smoked weed every day for 10 years

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i hvae concluded that weed is good in my experiment

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
stop it frog act you make weed sound so uncool

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

The White Dragon posted:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
If you can remember anything after 3pm yesterday you're not a person I can relate to on any level.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

After surviving a nasty addiction to Rx opioids that should've killed me, sobriety feels pretty good.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I want to keep drinking heavily into my 30s but I am starting I get some skin problems and I think my (failing) liver is involved....

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I was sober all day, now I'm working on being not sober. Both have times and places and are fun in their own ways. I don't specifically remember what it's like to be entirely sober for any significant length of time, which probably isn't great, but I've managed to stop getting hard-style tatered every single night. That's some mild progress.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

The White Dragon posted:

frog act is a good poster and I will die in this hill, yessir.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cowboy Pope posted:

I was sober all day, now I'm working on being not sober. Both have times and places and are fun in their own ways. I don't specifically remember what it's like to be entirely sober for any significant length of time, which probably isn't great, but I've managed to stop getting hard-style tatered every single night. That's some mild progress.

"Getting tatered"

I like it! I'm gonna steal it and use it myself.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

emoji posted:

If the concept of 'sobriety stints' doesn't sound completely absurd in your mind then you most assuredly need professional help years ago. It's never too late.

My last run without drugs was about a year. Its not like 2 weeks sober then 6 months chasing highs. But ive never felt a need to excise it all from my life and just get some paxil or something till recently after a few xanax blackouts which is something i never used to do. But yeah its probably time

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
i've decided to become a better man. lol.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Sobriety's okay. It's not as good as the beginning of a good long drug binge, but it's way better than the end and aftermath.

Think of it as just paying cash for your mundane items, rather than buying all kinds of fun, awesome poo poo on credit, then living in your car for the next year eating ramen cooked on your exhaust manifold to pay off the bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fututor Magnus posted:

Some honourable men preferred sobriety, like Hitler

Hitler was fairly methed up.

• Locked thread