Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

if youre tough enough to participate in humanity's timeless hell you're tough enough to face down squiggles on a page

Just seems like common courtesy to let people know there are flashing lights and war scenes so they can make that decision for themselves no?

I'll go even further; I posit that goons LOVE trigger warnings and will absolutely go into tizzy fits if not used properly. For example: every spoiler ever posted that TVIV or The Book Barn trip out all over the place about. Also, every probation for failure to properly tag something NWS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Content warnings are valid within therapy sessions facilitated by one or more mental health professionals and literally nowhere else in the universe

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

Content warnings are valid within therapy sessions facilitated by one or more mental health professionals and literally nowhere else in the universe

So stuff like parental advisory warnings are no bueno either? The ratings on movies and stuff like that to let people know what is in them before they watch?

"No one needs to be warned about any content ever outside the context of therapy w/ a professional" seems like a pretty extreme position.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

No one gives a gently caress about movie ratings except bad parents and tipper gore

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol fair enough

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

facebook is where i go to get called a snowflake by trump supporters, a lazy communist by libertarians, and a racist by college leftists

so basically facebook is a place i don't go anymore.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

content warning: being corrected, public humiliation, spiders, insects, arachnids, fool

Spiders aren't insects, fool

spiders are megabugs and you need to stop spreading alternative facts

feller
Jul 5, 2006

extra stout posted:

im the part of the list that says the word 'savage' in any context is banned from use but when hillary said 'super predators' to describe young blacks with prison records the idea was to vote for her instead of ban her

im starting to think ur not 100% honest in ur posting

Omeene
Sep 2, 2011

frogge posted:

I find it adorable how language and culture evolve. We've mocked trigger warnings so relentlessly that rather than give them up, the sort of people that unironically use them just switched to using CWS instead.

That isn't even the case here. Someone said they were triggered by trigger warnings so they now use CW instead of TW. It's extremely bad.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Omeene posted:

That isn't even the case here. Someone said they were triggered by trigger warnings so they now use CW instead of TW. It's extremely bad.

holy poo poo that's amazing

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
What's the group called? Someone should say they're insecure about being left out of conversations and ask that everyone make every post all about them.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
Racism (the word "savage"), sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, anti-autism, etc etc etc

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Dogs, spiders, snakes, lice, worms, frogs, fish, birds, chickens, snails, slugs, mice, rats, miniature horses, monkeys, leeches, parasites, octopi, squids
Insects: centipedes, cockroaches, moths/butterflies, spiders, crickets, bees/wasps, maggots, bed bugs

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

meat, leather, fur
Feet, childbirth/pregnancy/babies, needles, unsanitary/hygiene/vomit/dirty/grimy, diapers, death, germs, hospitals, skin or hair picking, finger nails/ nail biting, surgical, starvation, gore, psychosis, anti-vaccine, doctors, medication/pills

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Trypophobia (repeating patterns, small holes, clusters of any repeating shape), water/rain, oceans, clutter, claustrophobia (small spaces, confinement), emetophobia (vomit), heights, open spaces, balloons

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Dads/moms/parents, sisters, brothers, uncles, crowds/large groups, "daddy", Melanie Martinez, sick children, twins, Trump, facial hair, grating/offbeat voices, David Wolfe, furries, the Beatles

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

cars/traffic accidents, fighting, confrontation, assault, police, guns, drugs & alcohol (weed too), knives, fire, explosions, destruction/demolition, 9/11

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

sex/oral sex, proposals, kink, 50 shades of grey, physical touch, infidelity
Communism, Serbia, Germany, philosophy, Arkansas, Catholicism, club/bar environment, bright white room, North Korea, Vienna/Austria

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

food, academics, skin bleaching, soda, junk food, gyms, eating disorder mention, sui mention, dysmorphia, self harm, fasting, exercise, selfies

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Loud noise, yelling/fighting, fast or abnormal speech, keyboard clicks, many dogs barking, any repetitive sound, paper crumbling

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

flashing lights/large amount of sunlight/bright lights/seizure inducing, chains, worn down teddy bears, Lolita, Skype, superheros, solicitation, dragon ace, ace attorney, demons/ghosts, religion, apocalypse/rapture/end of times, existentialism, yugioh, stuffed animals, belts, cleaning supplies, autism speaks, algebra, consumption of non-food items, adoption, paper, Weezer (the band), long grass, grain fields, basements, fast speech, veganism"

[Chorus x6]

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Savage my neg content warning

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Teresa Heinz-Kirby posted:

Racism (the word "savage"), sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, anti-autism, etc etc etc

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Dogs, spiders, snakes, lice, worms, frogs, fish, birds, chickens, snails, slugs, mice, rats, miniature horses, monkeys, leeches, parasites, octopi, squids
Insects: centipedes, cockroaches, moths/butterflies, spiders, crickets, bees/wasps, maggots, bed bugs

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

meat, leather, fur
Feet, childbirth/pregnancy/babies, needles, unsanitary/hygiene/vomit/dirty/grimy, diapers, death, germs, hospitals, skin or hair picking, finger nails/ nail biting, surgical, starvation, gore, psychosis, anti-vaccine, doctors, medication/pills

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Trypophobia (repeating patterns, small holes, clusters of any repeating shape), water/rain, oceans, clutter, claustrophobia (small spaces, confinement), emetophobia (vomit), heights, open spaces, balloons

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Dads/moms/parents, sisters, brothers, uncles, crowds/large groups, "daddy", Melanie Martinez, sick children, twins, Trump, facial hair, grating/offbeat voices, David Wolfe, furries, the Beatles

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

cars/traffic accidents, fighting, confrontation, assault, police, guns, drugs & alcohol (weed too), knives, fire, explosions, destruction/demolition, 9/11

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

sex/oral sex, proposals, kink, 50 shades of grey, physical touch, infidelity
Communism, Serbia, Germany, philosophy, Arkansas, Catholicism, club/bar environment, bright white room, North Korea, Vienna/Austria

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

food, academics, skin bleaching, soda, junk food, gyms, eating disorder mention, sui mention, dysmorphia, self harm, fasting, exercise, selfies

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

Loud noise, yelling/fighting, fast or abnormal speech, keyboard clicks, many dogs barking, any repetitive sound, paper crumbling

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

flashing lights/large amount of sunlight/bright lights/seizure inducing, chains, worn down teddy bears, Lolita, Skype, superheros, solicitation, dragon ace, ace attorney, demons/ghosts, religion, apocalypse/rapture/end of times, existentialism, yugioh, stuffed animals, belts, cleaning supplies, autism speaks, algebra, consumption of non-food items, adoption, paper, Weezer (the band), long grass, grain fields, basements, fast speech, veganism"

[Chorus x6]

Oh my god I'm literally shaking right now you better have a long rear end self-crit sir.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
everyday is one long self crit for me

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

someone post the link to the group theres too many groups to search through and facebook lacks a sort by irony button

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Iron Prince posted:

Weezer (the band)

checks out

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fyodor posted:

Arkansas

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Imagine self critting via shotgun shell to the noggin

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Neutrino posted:

LOL at liberals wanting to make more than $2/hr! DURRR! In Trump's America, the oonly people making more than $2/hr will be gazidbillionaire's because they the job creators.

WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?! WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?! RAPIST?? MURDERER?? WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?! YOU'RE FILTH!! YOU'RE FILTH!!

Haha, just kidding!
Run along cool guy.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Omeene posted:

Holy poo poo. It's gone from inane to hilarious.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

frogge posted:

Holy poo poo. It's gone from inane to hilarious.

CW: inappropriate touching by an authority figure

Please don't use the word "h*ly" without a content warning. My friend was m*lested by a Catholic priest and doesn't feel like he's in a safe space.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
The 80's : This episode brought to you by the letters 'a' 'g' 'o' and the number '3'.

Now : Content warning, the letter 'o'.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Ok, I've suffered 50+ plus probations and at least one ban so I'm gonna self crit to help atone for my sins against the community :

lol nah I think we're good here

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

*slaps sticker on gbs*
"Content warning: :krust:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
a bla bla bloo bloo

• Locked thread