Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Man, imagine stumbling upon this and having the tea kill you. It would probably take you a couple minutes just to process what in the hell just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Junkie
Sep 30, 2012

That's right, embrace the cute. Embrace it. You know you want to.
I always thought this was really the saddest part of the game. Imagine wishing and praying so hard that you don't die, on your graduation day no less, and you come back as a zombie. :( In a game that's normally pretty upbeat, this is decidedly less so. But at least Mika got to see Leo drink her tea blend, and she passed on happily. I still wouldn't drink Leo's tea though. Backwash tea, ugh.

Next time, the thrilling conclusion in the quest to win Anime's heart! With max health and 50 kisses under his belt, Chorps will surely succeed! He's a big shot now, can't beat that.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Everybody strap in because the endgame makes the rest of this poo poo look pedestrian.

Let's just say that we find out some horrifying truths about the family trees of this shabby little town

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jukebox Hero posted:

Everybody strap in because the endgame makes the rest of this poo poo look pedestrian.

Let's just say that we find out some horrifying truths about the family trees of this shabby little town

Everyone is a bell person.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

FunkMonkey posted:

Everyone is a bell person.

"My god, it's full of bells"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jukebox Hero posted:

I can't believe Anime was just our dad in an elaborate costume this whole time.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

TwoPair posted:

I can't believe Anime was just our dad in an elaborate costume this whole time.

Oh, our fathers true identity will certainly be an eye opening revalation indeed

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Look at this cool guy who has seen the ending already. :jerkbag:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I hope the whole town turns out to be Mr. Saturn people like Mr. Suzuki.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
I think Anime won't want to kiss someone who's recently been making out with entire towns full of people. In utter confusion and crippling shame Chorps will inevitably be forced to move into a hole in the ground. He will then only come up through the surface-world crack for his hobby of alternatingly menacing and sexually harassing any passing schoolchildren.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

It's the finale! Today, it's time for Chorps to finally write a good love letter to Anime. However, things are not quite as simple as they might seem, and Chorps finds himself in search of another mailbox, one that will lead directly to Anime's heart. It's time to find out what love means to young Chorps, and what he's willing to do in order to find his happiness...

Thanks for watching! This was a tough LP to put together but I've had a lot of fun sharing this unique and charming game. There's a lot to be found in Chulip, and inevitably I couldn't show everything off, but I think I got the most important pieces, especially all of the in-game movies. There will be one more bonus episode coming next week, but otherwise our time with Chulip has come to a close.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man, for an anime romance this story got super existential at the end.

Thanks for showing this off Chorps. It certainly was a wild experience and WHY IS OUR DAD A MR SATURN!?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Wow, what an ending (to the game and the LP)!

What happens if you fail the courtroom scene? Or any of the other challenges at the end?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The son that is mentioned, is in a different school in another town. He is always on her mind. I think she mentions this earlier in the game. There is more to it, but Chorps might cover it.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 27, 2017

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism
The cat does 20 points of damage, so that's 5 strikes if you got all the kisses. So you don't have to get all 50 kisses, it's just a very good idea to when you get to the endgame

The manual does give you the answers for some of the quiz questions, but they're sneaky about them. There's bits of text in comic sans that are all over the book that look like pointless fun facts about characters and things, you'd think at first they don't matter and then they do. I just did my homework by using the business cards on villagers and being observant enough, and I got an 18/20 without any cheating :c00lbert: sooo basically I aced it :c00lbert: no biggie :c00lbert: :c00lbert: :c00lbert:

Thanks for playing this Chorps. This LP was the push to try Chulip myself and I'm really happy I did, its sense of humor and attention to detail is very much my poo poo. It's got me interested in many of the other games in the Love-de-Lic family, especially the long ongoing translation project for Moon Remix RPG Adventure, the first game Yoshiro Kimura was a designer/writer on and one that shares Chulip's ideas on game design. Hoping that one happens before I'm dead because it's one of like, four video game things I'm actually excited for these days

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
This game was definitely made with the adventure game mindset though it does differ in that it didn't have the complete sadism that old adventure games, specifically during the Zork text-based era, were notorious for where you could achieve an unwinnable state within the first ten minutes of the game that you would not know was such until several hours in, sometimes even on the penultimate screen.

A particularly infamous example is the Xenomorph from Space Quest 2 that if you let kiss you will result in you dying from a Chestburster on the very last screen before the ending.

Thanks for LPing this.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 27, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I really didn't expect the ending to be as weird as it was.

Thanks for the LP, it was a lot of fun.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You were waiting the whole LP for that last "snuggle up with anime" joke, weren't you?

Good job though guys.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism

Chimera-gui posted:

A particularly infamous example is the Xenomorph from Space Quest 2 that if you let kiss you will result in you dying from a Chestburster on the very last screen before the ending.

Moon logic puzzles are one thing, but being anti-kiss is an archaic game design decision and I'm glad chulip broke new ground for games where it mattered.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I remembered the end of the game being like a weird dream, but it's great to see it in full again. Thanks for the LP!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for the LP. It's a very weird, charming game that I think you're hard-pressed to see much of these days.

I didn't know the company made only this and Rule of Rose, of all things. What a dichotomy of presentation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
:stare: I swear I didn't know about our dad!

What a charming and completely silly game, thank you for showing it off!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Another Chorps and Co. LP complete thanks for the LP.

InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

I am here to inspect your kitchen sink!
Now that it's over, is this when we tell you it's Worldy Desire Temple and not Worldly Desires Temple?

Always great to see Chulip done. I think that if anyone else decides to LP this in the future, we could do with more getting to know the townsfolk and such, showing them items and hearing their stories. Same thing with showing off some of the more bullshit parts of the game with how much something can damage you and just how easy it is to die and lose progress. Perfect runs are nice, but I think this game loses a lot when you do it too well and know what to do, so you rush straight for the goal and miss the solution. Some sidequests could also be spread into more parts so the entire story isn't spelled out in one video, though that means co-commentators might forget all about it and it wouldn't have the effect you want.

A lot of COMPLAINTS, but no dissin' here, Chorps. It was solid Chulipping.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat and I thought Castle Crashers had a weird ending.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He didn't show off a lot of things because most of them have schedules of their own. It is like Bully, but with even less time to find everything. He did shoot himself in the foot without using Your Cards. I am pretty sure someone like Batayan or Mrs. Plum would tell him about the monkey quest.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, you were intended to give the folks in LLT a Your Card to get each of their cards which you would then show to each person to learn about the owner of the card.

Worth noting that showing cards to Michelle only works after you've kissed her as she's still in her cult prior to this which forbids her from complaining to anyone but her pot.

Certain characters also very specific responses:
  • Mrs. Plum for example will tell you people's ages while showing her card to others will result in them telling you how old they believe she is.
  • The aforementioned Michelle will give her opinion on other characters.
  • Dr. Dandy will tell you the other characters' diseases.
  • And showing people Julie's card, which is actually just a photo of her, will result in them giving their opinion of her grilled chicken.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 31, 2017

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

In the final bonus episode, we take a look back on all of our kisses through the photo albums in our house! We get to see a little bit of each character's life after the kiss and how it's changed, a nice closer to this adventure.

Again, thanks to everyone for watching and commenting while we did the LP, and thank you for your patience during that break in the middle. I've got my next project in the works already, and that should be up and running within the next couple weeks. See you guys then and remember, love your neighbors.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Why does the music for the photo albums sound like russian propaganda music?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

I've got my next project in the works already, and that should be up and running within the next couple weeks. See you guys then and remember, love your neighbors.

I was hoping for Ninja Storm 4 but this is sufficiently anime trash for me.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I was hoping for Ninja Storm 4 but this is sufficiently anime trash for me.

It's slotted for right after, so stay tuned!

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

ChorpSaway posted:

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

In the final bonus episode, we take a look back on all of our kisses through the photo albums in our house! We get to see a little bit of each character's life after the kiss and how it's changed, a nice closer to this adventure.

Again, thanks to everyone for watching and commenting while we did the LP, and thank you for your patience during that break in the middle. I've got my next project in the works already, and that should be up and running within the next couple weeks. See you guys then and remember, love your neighbors.

Yesssss, this LP will be great.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This might be what the song says when you look at the album.

To give an example,
a vinyl house,
a warming temperature to cultivate the blessed avocados.
North pole, south pole bears;
Our town is a sorrowful underground waterway.
Chitama Middle!
North pole, south pole bears;
Our town is a sorrowful underground waterway.
Chitama Middle! (x6)

Here are some things you probably didn't get to see in the LP:
In the farmland at night, you might meet Johnny the-nightwalking-invisible-man, who attacks you if you talk to him. Talk to him enough times and about 40 damage later, he leads you to his treasure. 3000z

Returning the stolen hairpin to the cop heals you a bit.

While streaking, the cop sends you in the police box to put on your clothes while he pulls a gun on you.

The police box is where you can get an arranged inventory of stuff you tossed out.

You can use the telephone booth to make calls with certain people.

Talking to the doctor has him give you a chop for some damage. Other people just call you names.

Your dad scolds you for sleeping naked.

The monkey shows up in a loading screen with the fortune-teller and attacks you if you talk to him outside his suit.

Getting the alien message wrong spawns Atari versions of space invaders who shoot lasers at you.

Sit on the park bench by midnight and a pop-eyed sailor gives you a surprise massage service that heals you a bit, after showing you prone, and visibly shaking.

If you idle long enough to sit on the ground, you can make Chorps sing by pressing each of the buttons that don't make him move.

If you hide in the factory next to the outhouse, a guard takes a loud crap and you can sell his golden poopie for a lot of money. Hurts as much as a huge poopie.

You get a second save point in the factory apartment if you are President.

You can beat Charcoal three times for a prize. You don't have that fancy UI when you fight him.

A Panda bear seems to appear during 4-7 AM when you examine forest spots and appears once per sleep cycle. He heals you a bit.

There are multiple game over screens where each of the teachers do something horrible to you.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 3, 2017

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ChorpSaway posted:

It's slotted for right after, so stay tuned!

B-But.... Sweet Fuse... :smith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks for the fun times, Chorps.
http://i.imgur.com/BNXwx2e.gifv

Arrivederci

Av size

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of av size

Or cropped

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 4, 2017

• Locked thread