Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

OP I've read this entire thread in one sitting and I am absolutely dying for an update. I demand tree justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

tree law thread will never die

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I live near OP and I drove by to check on him and well the shithole grew and eventually swallowed the house will all souls inside.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

PenisMonkey posted:

I live near OP and I drove by to check on him and well the shithole grew and eventually swallowed the house will all souls inside.

Yeah, so? I sucked the OPs dick

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
It means he’s dead so he can’t post in here anymore, paesan.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Did Cubone ever gently caress that old guy? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Has anyone suggested making those seed bombs that were discussed early, but with Kudzu instead of dandelions? Kudzu will seriously gently caress poo poo up in Georgia.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Sammus posted:

Has anyone suggested making those seed bombs that were discussed early, but with Kudzu instead of dandelions? Kudzu will seriously gently caress poo poo up in Georgia.

Amaranth is another great seed bomb

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sammus posted:

lmao i only know about Kudzu from that King of the Hill episode where you meet Bill's weird cajun/plantation owner? family members so I assumed it was something that was around since the 1800's, and it is, just the very late 1800's

quote:

Kudzu was discovered July 2009 in a patch 110 m (360 ft) wide and 30 m (98 ft) across, on a south-facing slope on the shore of Lake Erie near Leamington, Ontario, about 50 km (31 mi) southeast of Windsor.[33] Leamington is located in the second warmest growing region of Canada after south coastal British Columbia.

Ecologist Gerald Waldron made the Leamington find while walking along the beach. He recognized the kudzu instantly, having read about its destructive expansion in the southeastern United States.[34]

took it's sweet rear end time getting to Canada

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what happened to the tree

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

PokeJoe posted:

what happened to the tree

Old man came back to OP's house and murdered him. Not sure about the tree.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bloopsy posted:

Old man came back to OP's house and murdered him. Not sure about the tree.

So, Cubone didn't get there on time to save OP by loving the old man. :rip:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Did the tree live OP
Yeah. Lots of rain this year led to a good crop even.
did the county fix your pipes and fill your lovely hole
Nope. But my crazy dad, who never talks to me and has never helped me in any way, called up out of the blue and payed for the whole thing.
did you sue the arborist and his son and his son's son, unto the seventh generation
Nope. Despite all the posts here about TREE LAW, I couldn't find a lawyer willing to take the case. I contacted dozens. The one guy I found who was marginally interested was seriously incompetent and wanted way too much. I decided not to pursue it myself.
did the old man who the HOA disavowed ever receive his just comeuppance
He was kicked from the HOA. I went to his house and cussed him out, but never took revenge.
did you put up a chainlink fence and decorate it with cups spelling naughty words
In the budget for Spring!
did the savagely wounded tree heal and thrive, or fester and die
It is lopsided but healthy.
was justice served?
not really

Sammus posted:

The whole state is already covered in it. I used to walk to the corner and grab handfuls to feed my son's bearded dragon.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 20, 2019

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

No one died including any trees, so I count this as a win. This was a good saga, thank you for the closure. May your bushes be bushy as gently caress and your trees remain unassaulted from neerdowells in the future.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol why was he kicked off the board?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Dregs posted:

OK, talked to the HOA. Dude sounded scared as hell. He said that that old man had been kicked off the HOA council a while back, and said he was flabbergasted and sorry. He is going to try to get the name of the tree company for me.

He was already off the HOA before he was the first guy to molest OP's tree, but we never heard specifically why I don't think. Probably crazy-old-rear end in a top hat issues.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Leperflesh posted:

He was already off the HOA before he was the first guy to molest OP's tree, but we never heard specifically why I don't think. Probably crazy-old-rear end in a top hat issues.

Yeah, I spoke to the guy on the board about my tree. He told me that the old man had been kicked out for overstepping his bounds just prior to this whole thing. The board member also told me the name of the tree company who cut the tree (I assume they got it from the old man, since they said he was the who called.)

When I went to the old man's house, he denied knowing anything about the tree, but his wife kept saying it was growing too big. He shushed her three times.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Dog poop in his letterbox and under his doormat op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Can't you litigate it yourself in small claims?

gently caress lawyers.