Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Vince MechMahon posted:

She's his daughter and named Kelly because he really has a daughter named Kelly. That is the entire tribute and what you're suggesting would remove it.

Oh ok. I didn't know that. I still think the change would improve the film though, there are a lot of different ways to pay tribute to him/his daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun and they did a decent job of bringing it back after so long away. I completely see the idea that it's rushed and I wish that all of it had a bit more time, but it's still a good film all in all.
I absolutely agree that the princesses storyline just kinda...ends. We didn't even properly see them old! Sorry princesses.

The daughters were great though! Brigette was great at being Keanu Reeves.

The robot didn't work for me. I liked his facial expressions and when he killed a huge pile of them at the same time what he did made me laugh but he felt like a bit of a half idea that wasn't fully realised, like the old princesses. I'd never heard of Kid Cudi so I just assumed he was meant to be station, I'd totally forgotten that it was just something people said. I don't think knowing him or not knowing him makes much difference to the film though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gkV5bq_0Q

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Oh my God, thank you for sharing In Time. I never heard the full song before. drat, that is epic.

I need more songs like that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

In Time rules as an optimistic anthem. I go deep on it every Pride month. I've been trying to record a karaoke cover of it of late and I've finally found a note I can't hit even with all my usual cheats to fake my way through things out of my register. It's super frustrating. It's the title line too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edit: Nevermind.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 25, 2022

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I was kinda' disappointed in this the first time through. Did anybody else have that experience, and come back later to love it?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

LividLiquid posted:

I was kinda' disappointed in this the first time through. Did anybody else have that experience, and come back later to love it?

Nah I absolutely adored it the first time, and loved it the three or times afterwards when I was making all my friends and family watch it as well lol

It came at the just right moment for me, I was really in a bit of a pit, the pandemic was (particularly) raging, and it hit exactly the right spot.

Objectively I know some of it is a bit ropey, but that last section from when they leave hell to the end of the credits is just sublime.

The idea that it's not just music but collaborative music that unites the world speaks to me on a very deep level, because music is magic. When you're in the pocket, it's like telepathy. You're literally "in tune" with each other.

B&T getting to fully and completely share their big moment with their family and idols makes me a bit weepy. Their absolute love and respect for their daughters throughout but especially at the end is wonderful. The sequence in the credits with the B&T fans all across the world basically participating in a mini-version of the film's climax is beautiful.

Maybe it's dumb talking about this slightly cheap, slightly ropey, very goofy movie in such an effusive manner, but it just gives me feels, I can't help it :unsmith:

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 25, 2022

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Barry Foster posted:

The idea that it's not just music but collaborative music that unites the world speaks to me on a very deep level, because music is magic. When you're in the pocket, it's like telepathy. You're literally "in tune" with each other.
I've run a karaoke business for nineteen years and every once-in-a-great-while, a show connects everybody in the room and it is literal magic. Everybody can feel it on those nights. You can ask other people, "does tonight's show just, like, feel different?" and they instantly do the repetitive nod and reply with some version of "oh, yeah. This one's special." And that's amateurs singing to recordings.

Your post reminds me of Elwood's speech at the end of Blues Brothers 2000, which I think is a criminally underrated sequel with an admittedly dodgy ending, about how when everybody in the band hits that grove, there's nothing else on Earth like it.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I hope that the rest of the movie matches the first few minutes. Bill and Ted giving the best man speech about Ted's brother marrying their old babysitter....who had also married and divorced both of their dads is good stuff. Ted is his own uncle and is father is his own son! Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I hope that the rest of the movie matches the first few minutes. Bill and Ted giving the best man speech about Ted's brother marrying their old babysitter....who had also married and divorced both of their dads is good stuff. Ted is his own uncle and is father is his own son! Fantastic.

It's amazing all the way through and the ending is actually incredibly beautiful and moving, it's a wonderful, heartfelt film