Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Listen to a long-rear end Steve1989 ration review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Easy, move to the east coast! (If you already live on the east coast, move to Europe.)

That can work for a few days, but once I adjusted to the new time zone I'd slip back that 4-6 hour delay.

Clearly the solution is to live on an airship that slowly circumnavigates the globe and keeps me ahead of the delay. :pseudo:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Just watch asmr like a normal person.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ratios and Tendency posted:

you listen to asmr bitch

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I usually put on a podcast about stuff I'm not particularly interested in.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Yes, the sounds of disgusting chewing, nail clattering and barely audible whispering is great for relaxing.

Wait, no, I meant the opposite, I've got misophonia. Legitimately, I'm kind of jealous of people that enjoy those noises instead of becoming hypervigilant and jumpy around them.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I work night shifts so when I climb into bed at 8:30am, I laugh at all the squares who are just starting their hell day, and I fall asleep instantly

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

Yes, the sounds of disgusting chewing, nail clattering and barely audible whispering is great for relaxing.

Wait, no, I meant the opposite, I've got misophonia. Legitimately, I'm kind of jealous of people that enjoy those noises instead of becoming hypervigilant and jumpy around them.

ASMR? :ssh: It is a fetish.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

CaptainSarcastic posted:

ASMR? :ssh: It is a fetish.

It’s not just a fetish, it’s the worst fetish.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
certain sounds give me tingles, it's a real thing that helps me get to sleep, not a fetish in any way

that's why i need these videos of extreme closeups of girls' mouths making sounds

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

kinda like that movie event horizon when they show clips from the hell dimension

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
https://youtu.be/91wX0NRjJqg

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Fetishes are good anyway who cares.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I listen to any kind of fantasy or sci fi lore while I'm falling asleep. When I turn it off and I don't just drift, I start giving myself a lecture in my head about martial weapons because I am exactly that kind of nerd. For instance, Spears are the oldest and still imo the best weapons for the following..

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I listen to any kind of fantasy or sci fi lore while I'm falling asleep. When I turn it off and I don't just drift, I start giving myself a lecture in my head about martial weapons because I am exactly that kind of nerd. For instance, Spears are the oldest and still imo the best weapons for the following..

A highly skilled samurai would just chop those spears in half!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A "normal" person has no idea what ASMR even is and I think I envy that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Bloop posted:

A "normal" person has no idea what ASMR even is and I think I envy that

I know what it is and I still don't know what it is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's audio edging.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Fetishes are good anyway who cares.

yeah but it's okay to kinkshame

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Chosen undead, link the first flame (with your cum).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

yeah but it's okay to kinkshame

Some kinks should be shamed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Some kinks should be shamed.

pretty sure "don't kinkshame" was a campaign started by people with the most disgusting objectionable kinks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Destroying William Henry Hairytaint

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
my favorite is just drifting off and having that leg-jerking moment which brings you wide awake.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Run a mile then read a book.

I don't do this, I just abuse substances. But I'd be cooler if I did.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i recommend the app Headspace. aside from the really good mindful meditation stuff — which has excellent medical research behind it — it also has 'sleepcasts', which I find are perfect for falling asleep. they're sort of nonsense second-person present-tense stories read by a calm voice in front of a soundscape, which you can also listen to separately. so you can, for example, hear about looking around a clockmaker's shop in the rain, going into slow detail about the different watches. but it's randomised, so you get different watches each night, and a different cool down exercise at the front. i also like the cat marina series, where you meet different cats who live on a marina. they also have star wars ones but i haven't listened to them yet. it has a slider which lets you mix the voice and the soundscape, so what i like to do is make the voice barely audible, so i have to spend more effort picking it up and therefore fall asleep faster

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
podcasts podcasts podcasts

started in 2010 and haven't intentionally missed a bedtime since

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I wouldn't want to fall asleep to anything I actually want to listen to because I'd miss it, but I also wouldn't want to listen to anything I wouldn't care about missing

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

pretty sure "don't kinkshame" was a campaign started by people with the most disgusting objectionable kinks

but enough about foot fetishists,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

The Bloop posted:

I feel like I wouldn't want to fall asleep to anything I actually want to listen to because I'd miss it, but I also wouldn't want to listen to anything I wouldn't care about missing

When I was a petulant teenager I would listen to music but then I'd turn over and the whole stereo came right off the side and crashed onto the floor!

e: I love a woman in uniform but something told me I shouldn't comment on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpV7R5gUYA4

Plan R fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 16, 2022