Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

William Bear posted:

Town of Kiryas Joel.

No this is it. I remember because like 98 percent voted for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Kiryas Joel is the apartment complex that they used to tip demographic scales in the area.

A different group tried to start a similar project farther up the Hudson valley a few years ago and I think the town successfully fought it off.

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008
There’s the town Lakewood New Jersey where they all live..

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I'm having trouble planning my tunnel. Should I bust out a hole in a wall in the basement or the floor and start digging?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Basement

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
When my dad worked OSHA for metro New York in late 80s he'd brush up against the Hasids cuz they had a lot of sweat shops around the city. They'd get compliant quick tho and knew not to bribe. The Chinese on the other hand would always have long since bounced upon the second visit.

I used to work sourcing for/with Orthodox Jews and it was stressful (think uncut gems anxiety all the time, adderall and benzos) and the commute loving sucked cuz I had to drive to edison but I guess it was fine, they were fine. But they were Sephardic (these guys were Syrian) and would do business with the Hasids even if they were not the biggest fans. They would not do business with Israelis or Muslims. They had an office in China but all the in-house Asians were Taiwanese.

Hasids are fuckin' weird though. A lot of them are just straight up ethnonationalists and won't talk to anyone who's not dressed like amish paradise. Met a cool one from Lakewood at an AA meeting in Brick. But like, that dude probably had to keep AA secret from the rest of his community.