Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

pik_d posted:

Makes sense. Still doesn't scale down images over 800pixels wide, even though I have it set to.

OK, in this thread below there's a picture "Judith" that's linked to, but SALR converts it to it's original size (1216x902), regardless of what my maximum pixel width is. In other threads where SALR is converting a thumbnail to the actual image, image scaling seems to work.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2655409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

pik_d posted:

Is Ubuntu supported? I just installed it, and it seems like two things so far aren't working. First is that it doesn't seem to be scaling images. It's set to scale to a max of 800 pixel for width, but I came across something that was 12xx pixels wide with the dotted lines around it, but it wouldn't scale down when clicked. The second thing is highlighting when people quote me. This works in XPpro, so I know I've got the correct settings in my SA Control Panel, and it looks right in the SALR configuration page.

If you don't officially support Ubuntu, I can still manage since everything else seems to be in working order. :)

Actually, SALR works noticeably better in Ubuntu for me (I just switched too) than in Windows. That is, the options that I choose actually all get implemented, like showing fullsized image links, putting the number of new replies in the replies column, highlighting myself, proper quote/edit buttons... It's really pretty great.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

With the new forum update I am getting a lot of white space on top now. I can take a screenshot if that would help.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

kri kri posted:

With the new forum update I am getting a lot of white space on top now. I can take a screenshot if that would help.

Yes it would.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

kri kri posted:

It's probably the new ads.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

It's probably the new ads.

Could be, I must have them adblock'd. Any way to reclaim the lost space?

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

kri kri posted:

Do the animal pictures show up in that whitespace? I know when those ads get ad-blocked, I still get the two random pictures of animals on the left and right.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

kri kri posted:

Remove It Permanently got rid of it for me (Advanced: "This domain" "All similar items (...)")

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

kri kri posted:

Add this in Adblock under "Element hiding rules": #div(ad_banner_oma)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Decius posted:

Remove It Permanently got rid of it for me (Advanced: "This domain" "All similar items (...)")

Im a little confused here. Should I delete my adblock rules and recreate another one?

ninja'd

pintle
Aug 3, 2007
to err is human, dear fez
I'm cross posting a suggestion from the QCS thread for an 'Arrange Bookmarks by forum/sub forum' option. It's probably not such a simple addition since the thread link itself doesn't tell you which forum it came from. Now turning to SALR and if the coders here could somehow make it happen, please please.

Also, the ..Last(Page Number) in the thread listing doesn't seem to be working for me in rear end/Tell.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

pintle posted:

I'm cross posting a suggestion from the QCS thread for an 'Arrange Bookmarks by forum/sub forum' option. It's probably not such a simple addition since the thread link itself doesn't tell you which forum it came from. Now turning to SALR and if the coders here could somehow make it happen, please please.
This would be such an awesome thing if it were possible. Perhaps it could get the subforum information when you visit that thread and keep track of it like that.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
I seem to have lost my right-click context menu, so I can't star or ignore threads anymore :(

Using 1.99.070930, I tried an uninstall and reinstall but no joy.

futhman
Feb 18, 2004

Why doesn't the download link for SALR work! I have a brand new PC at work but cannot be reasonably expected to get anything done without my favorite extension.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

futhman posted:

Why doesn't the download link for SALR work! I have a brand new PC at work but cannot be reasonably expected to get anything done without my favorite extension.

Have you tried right click -> save? Then drag the xpi to an open firefox window, or open it from the downloads panel.

Or click and drag the link to somewhere in the same window for it to go straight to the install window.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Earlier, I was at work ripping out GDM out of Solaris, to have good old startx on it. Before, the forum submenus showed all the various forums, after that, it broke. I've closed Firefox, deleted the various salastread.* files from the profile and restarted it. Clicked through various forums, threads, the forum home, restarted again, they don't come back. :(

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

dirtyfrog posted:

I seem to have lost my right-click context menu, so I can't star or ignore threads anymore :(

Using 1.99.070930, I tried an uninstall and reinstall but no joy.

Doh... I had some screwy context-menu editor plugin installed - SA context menu is back :)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Well, the forum entries returned out of the blue. Strange.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Toiletbrush posted:

Same with me. They were gone all morning and they've just now returned.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Toiletbrush posted:

Yeah, that code is really bad. I really need to replace it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How far away are we from 2.0? I could use a Mozilla/Seamonkey-compatible installer but it'd probably be too much trouble converting nightlies five times a week. :(

futhman
Feb 18, 2004

Carnivean posted:

Have you tried right click -> save? Then drag the xpi to an open firefox window, or open it from the downloads panel.

Or click and drag the link to somewhere in the same window for it to go straight to the install window.
I have tried both, I've even downloading the xpi file from bountysource with Free Download Manager, but the server just doesn't respond.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

McSpanky posted:

...nightlies five times a week. :(

Are they really that often? I've got the Update Notifier plug-in set up so that it automatically downloads and installs updates, so I really don't notice.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

futhman posted:

I have tried both, I've even downloading the xpi file from bountysource with Free Download Manager, but the server just doesn't respond.

I just started to download it, and it worked for me. I'd willing to say that it's likely to be something at your end.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Biaxident posted:

Are they really that often? I've got the Update Notifier plug-in set up so that it automatically downloads and installs updates, so I really don't notice.
No, there hasn't been a new version in over a month, the last version is from 9/30.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Disgustipated posted:

No, there hasn't been a new version in over a month, the last version is from 9/30.

Ah, I guess I misunderstood something on the site. Anyway, if someone could deign to make a backwards-compatible installer, that'd be peachy. Pretty please? :unsmith:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Is there any chance this (http://alluvion.org/goonlink.php) could be integrated into SAlr? It's a great idea, for linking facebooks and stuff like that where I don't really want the public internet to have access. I guess you'd have to manually log in for it to work, but the extension could piggy back access if you're still logged in, right?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Factor Mystic posted:

Is there any chance this (http://alluvion.org/goonlink.php) could be integrated into SAlr? It's a great idea, for linking facebooks and stuff like that where I don't really want the public internet to have access. I guess you'd have to manually log in for it to work, but the extension could piggy back access if you're still logged in, right?

If there's an API for it or something then it could be done.

wajack!
Oct 1, 2006

by Fragmaster
The link in the OP is down. Does anybody have a mirror?

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

wajack! posted:

The link in the OP is down. Does anybody have a mirror?

I've just tried it, and it's working for me. Maybe you and that other guy just up the page have the same problem.

wajack!
Oct 1, 2006

by Fragmaster

Carnivean posted:

I've just tried it, and it's working for me. Maybe you and that other guy just up the page have the same problem.

Huh, it is up, you're right. Normal clicking does nothing, but right-click/save-as does the trick.

pintle
Aug 3, 2007
Could the list of people who've replied to a thread be added as a right click menu option? I made a firefox quicksearch which requires the thread id in this format:
javascript:who(ThreadID) but still have to edit the link for the id.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

pintle posted:

Could the list of people who've replied to a thread be added as a right click menu option? I made a firefox quicksearch which requires the thread id in this format:
java script:who(ThreadID) but still have to edit the link for the id.

This is already a feature of the forums software. In forumview click on the number of replies the thread has.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

pintle posted:

java script:who(ThreadID) but still have to edit the link for the id.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

pintle
Aug 3, 2007
I'm sorry I wasn't clear in the last post. I was asking if the (Who Posted) user list could be added as an option in the mouse right-click menu.

At the moment you have to go to the thread in the forum list and then click on the replies link of that thread. Is there a way to do this for the current thread and not having to go to the main thread list?

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I'm not sure if this was a feature of the forum software, SALR or my imagination.

I seem to remember seeing something discussed where you could show only posts by the OP of a thread. Knowing what's involved, I'd have to say this probably isn't possible through SALR, but I can't find the feature anywhere in the forums as standard.

Can anyone throw some light on this, or have I dreamt the whole thing up?

IcePotato
Dec 29, 2003

There was nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
see that ? under people's avatars?

click that.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

SFrost007 posted:

I'm not sure if this was a feature of the forum software, SALR or my imagination.

I seem to remember seeing something discussed where you could show only posts by the OP of a thread. Knowing what's involved, I'd have to say this probably isn't possible through SALR, but I can't find the feature anywhere in the forums as standard.

Can anyone throw some light on this, or have I dreamt the whole thing up?

Click the question mark next to a poster's name.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
I've got a feature request that might not even be possible without SALR firing up each thread individually, in which case I guess it's a bad idea...

Would it be feasible to set up SALR to indicate when the OP has posted again in a thread? It's a bit annoying to go look at the most recent posts when you see there are, say, 20 of them, and they're all people going "This is a nice thread. I like it." as they wait for the OP to post.

Unfortunately I suspect that might require SALR to crawl each thread when you load the page, making it a no-can-do, but I figured it'd be good to ask. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Revolvyerom posted:

Would it be feasible to set up SALR to indicate when the OP has posted again in a thread? It's a bit annoying to go look at the most recent posts when you see there are, say, 20 of them, and they're all people going "This is a nice thread. I like it." as they wait for the OP to post.

I think the easiest implementation would be to check the "who posted" link in the forum view. Maybe SALR could keep track of the count and if it sees the OP +1 it would put a star next to it or something.

I'm not a programmer, but that would seem to be the easiest non-crawling method.

• Locked thread