Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

He's not. He's five-and-one-second old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
My order just shipped, that's all the confirmation I need that Philippe is five.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet
Are the anniversary mugs and new cookbooks on the same shipping schedule?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ghost Captain posted:

Are the anniversary mugs and new cookbooks on the same shipping schedule?

It appears not. My pint glass order shipped but not the cookbook order.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

No. We're experiencing some delays with the cookbook, but are working fervently to circumvent them.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Fillerbunny posted:

You got that impression from this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022007

No, that's not the one. Seems like there was a strip, or maybe something in the fanflow, that mentioned how even though their marriage is doomed they could still find some degree of happiness while together.

I don't know. Maybe I just made it up?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
It was probably Beef's internal monologue, in which everything is doomed.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
So, does Beef actually take any anti-depressants or can he not muster up the courage to go to a psychologist?

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I am going to buy two of Cookbook II and one of Cookbook I in the future (1+2 for Christmas for a friend, 2 for me since I've got the first) but I don't like to preorder things, except mentally. I hope that this is helpful, for math.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marriage isn't a 24 hour/365 day/lifetime party of eternal shining adoration, so someone having a "moment" of reflection on why they got married followed by a demonstration of another "moment" of delight in their marriage should not be looked upon in any way as thunderclouds and doom for the relationship of the little cat, Roast Beef.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Waffleopolis posted:

I had my right middle finger smashed by a car door by my stepsister when I was five... :smith:

You just reminded me about how this happened to me at that same age during my last innocent game of hide-and-seek...but it was my biological sister and a closet door. Thank you for opening up old wounds (mental wounds, not my finger wounds). This was right before I fell to my knees in extreme pain and crushed my childhood drum.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

You just reminded me about how this happened to me at that same age during my last innocent game of hide-and-seek...but it was my biological sister and a closet door. Thank you for opening up old wounds (mental wounds, not my finger wounds). This was right before I fell to my knees in extreme pain and crushed my childhood drum.
For me, it was my adopted sister and the lid of the washing machine. She had hidden something I wanted inside, and when I reached for it she slammed the heavy metal lid shut. I thought my finger was broken.

Is it some kind of phenomenon that big sisters routinely crush little brother's fingers?

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?

McGravin posted:

Is it some kind of phenomenon that big sisters routinely crush little brother's fingers?

Hee hee I'm sure Freud would have something to say about it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Muffin Loaf posted:

Hee hee I'm sure Freud would have something to say about it

Get me more coke?

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Marriage isn't a 24 hour/365 day/lifetime party of eternal shining adoration, so someone having a "moment" of reflection on why they got married followed by a demonstration of another "moment" of delight in their marriage should not be looked upon in any way as thunderclouds and doom for the relationship of the little cat, Roast Beef.

Not only is it concluded with a moment of reflection/fear, the moment of delight is one deliberately chosen from when they first met and not at all recently in the timeline of their relationship.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jerusalem posted:

Speaking in my capacity as an S.A.D-addled, romantically-awkward computer nerd who married a woman that patiently puts up with far too much neurotic crap from me, Beef's thought process there rings so true it's scary.

Marriage can be great, yes, but after the third or fourth "weren't you even going to OFFER to mop the kitchen argument, you realize it ain't all beer and skittles.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I did this to my sister once with a car door. Considering she'd done the same to me a month earlier, I considered it a wash.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

McGravin posted:

I crushed my little sister's finger in a door, but my older sister crushed MY finger in a car door.... so I don't think it is gender so much as age.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Pascallion posted:

I did this to my sister once with a car door. Considering she'd done the same to me a month earlier, I considered it a wash.
Whether or not it was an accident, did you cross your arms, smile smugly, and say "There. Now we're even."?

TheDeeMan
Nov 17, 2009

by Fistgrrl
AChewood is like webcomic crack. I didn't even know that it existed until that Wizard webcomic article a cuple a months ago and now I'm hooked.

drat you, Achewood! drat you straight to hell!!! LOL! :)

Dee

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

TheDeeMan posted:

AChewood is like webcomic crack. I didn't even know that it existed until that Wizard webcomic article a cuple a months ago and now I'm hooked.

Dee

Dogg, you're going to want to edit that post and then read the gently caress out of the rules if you want to stick around. (Don't sign your posts)

edit; looking at your post history I have to say that you are getting off on the wrong foot here. You just registered this morning which makes posting at all a terrible idea. You need to lurk for a good two weeks before diving in or else you're going to lose your :10bux:

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 17, 2009

Val
Jul 11, 2003

I enjoyed todays strip very much. It was funny but also tragic.

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi

TheDeeMan posted:

Dee

I can't even fathom learning about Achewood for the first time from Wizard goddamn Magazine in this day and age :psyduck:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the Professor posted:

I can't even fathom learning about Achewood for the first time from Wizard goddamn Magazine in this day and age :psyduck:

I used to love Wizard back in the day when I only had a dial-up connection and I collected large amounts of comic books ("Yes! Spawn #1 is worth $15!"). I thought that it had gone under, slain by the monster that is the internet. Well, any publicity for the greatest "graphic novel" ever is good to hear.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I like getting teaser comics every time there's something mistakenly sexy in the fanflow.

-Dee

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Since no one else has mentioned it, there's a new blog-like Achewood piece on Techland:

http://techland.com/2009/11/17/are-you-a-hoarder/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

choobs posted:

Since no one else has mentioned it, there's a new blog-like Achewood piece on Techland:

Thanks, that was wonderful.

"An unabashed mustache with a frigid fanny in tow below" is just one of many reasons I love Achewood.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

Man, I would totally make this my avatar if I hadn't already named myself after another Achewood character.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Is there a list of all of these Achewood related articles that are popping up? The News section of achewood.com hasn't been updated in a while.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

choobs posted:

I definitely answered 'C' to #2. How could anyone not?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Chris Onstad posted:

No. We're experiencing some delays with the cookbook, but are working fervently to circumvent them.

If it was part of my anniversary order, will my other stuff be delayed until the cookbook is ready?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Received my hoodie, shirt (special boy), and pint glass. There was a rabbit ambulance sticker thrown in there too.

Awesome.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: New strip posted! :siren:

edit: I agree with this strip 110%.

withak fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 20, 2009

Weedle
May 31, 2006

This is the funniest Achewood strip in a long time. God, Philippe's personality is perfectly encapsulated within that speech bubble. Philippe living with Roast Beef has the potential for the most comedy ever in a webcomic.

Weedle fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 20, 2009

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
That one panel perfectly sums up my three nephews, even though only two of them can talk.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.

Mr. Bear posted:

...the plain truth is I'd rather sink a cleaver into my own shin than play "hide and seek" with an undersocialized narcissist who doesn't understand what hiding is.

Mr. Bear is an inexhaustible font of quotable wisdom.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I miss the baby diaries :(

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

There is no longer a baby. :(

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

There is only a toddler now. Onstad, I feel your pain. My 3-year-old keeps making me give her piggyback rides to the point I feel like Master Blaster. I've actually taught her the correct response to the question "Who run Bartertown?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

There is only a toddler now. Onstad, I feel your pain. My 3-year-old keeps making me give her piggyback rides to the point I feel like Master Blaster. I've actually taught her the correct response to the question "Who run Bartertown?"
That's as cool as my friend's kid who, at age 5, knew the correct answer to "Who is the best Green Lantern?" (Hal Jordan)