Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Do you think the mouse would have actually floated there? Or would it go all red mouse spray into Philippe's face? The next plot point involves Todd trying the fan trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Having accidentally watched The Backyardigans, 'poop group hooligans' is an amazing name for them.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Do you think the mouse would have actually floated there? Or would it go all red mouse spray into Philippe's face? The next plot point involves Todd trying the fan trick.

Beef is probably an old hand at this, most likely having done it for entertainment when he was still in Circumstances.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Woebin posted:

Molly looks like she's aging prematurely from living with Beef.

Beef's also got the age lines by his eyes, i think it's just from living with a 5-year-old.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

pardon me is this the thread for one of the AV Club's Top Comics of the Last Decade

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Why yes I believe it is!

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

pardon me is this the thread for one of the AV Club's Top Comics of the Last Decade
It is, or at least it was a page ago when Deathlove posted that same link. However, it's a nice reminder for this page as well.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

McGravin posted:

It is, or at least it was a page ago when Deathlove posted that same link. However, it's a nice reminder for this page as well.

oh god, how did I miss that

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have sent the new comic to my cousin, a mother of three.

She understands.

Jeet
Jul 12, 2001

Woebin posted:

Molly looks like she's aging prematurely from living with Beef.

You have no idea what living with tiny babies/young children is like.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jeet posted:

You have no idea what living with tiny babies/young children is like.
You have no idea how thankful I am for this fact. But yeah, you're all probably right, it's Philippe's fault.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just watched Pee-wee and Conan ride giant Roombas.

How jealous are you, Achewood fans/creator?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
New strip!

Interesting...a new update format. Seems like we're getting half the strip but in half the time. Could be good for more regular updates I suppose.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I think this is a great idea, as i'm one of those people who always preferred the shorter strips to the longer ones.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I like this idea, but I wonder if Onstad is doing this because of popular demand or because this is where his muse led him?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Are items for incontinence really found in the same aisle as condoms? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention when I buy them, but it seems like a strange juxtaposition to me. Gotta get some later, so I'll report back.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Fillerbunny posted:

Gotta get some later
Condoms, or items for incontinence?

Either way, clerk all knowin' :ohdear:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The clerk knowin is the best part.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Hehe, I knew that sentence was a little ambiguous. Condoms. Although I never really understood the anxiety caused by buying condoms. Clerk all knownin'... that you gettin' laid.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I posit an inverse relationship between embarrassment and condom size. Recall, if you will, the condoms Beef discovered at Molly's back in the day - dude may still have a bit of a ding dong size complex, even though he shouldn't.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

withak posted:

The clerk knowin is the best part.

I always raise my eyebrow and wink as they stare at me knowingly.

I'm creepy.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I only buy condoms at night

in a supermarket I haven't visited in at least a month

in the self-checkout lane

wearing a ski mask

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Caveman posted:

I only buy condoms at night

in a supermarket I haven't visited in at least a month

in the self-checkout lane

wearing a ski mask

Wear 'em loud, wear 'em proud. Let that cashier know you're about to get some. Better yet, take the bird with you for more bragging rights.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Yes, but announcing "I am about to have sex!" to a cashier while wearing a ski mask in a supermarket at night may raise more concerns than it quells.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Yes, but announcing "I am about to have sex!" to a cashier while wearing a ski mask in a supermarket at night may raise more concerns than it quells.
It does kind of tack on an implied "... WITH YOU!"

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Especially if you are already wearing one when you scream it.

Merchandising idea for Mr. Onstad...

Achewood Condoms: For when you game pipe is rad and walkin'

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Especially if you are already wearing one when you scream it.

Merchandising idea for Mr. Onstad...

Achewood Condoms: For when you game pipe is rad and walkin'

Someone send in a good image of Ray and see how it turns out: http://secure.condomania.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C-YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
If Jack Daniels makes you anything other than the man with abilities in his pants, I don't want to know you.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I always raise my eyebrow and wink as they stare at me knowingly.

I'm creepy.

I put my hands on my hips and pose dramatically.

God, I wish I could make a fanfare play in my everyday life.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Don't completely give up on long strips, though, some of us do like them...

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
:siren: Holy Daikon Root, Batman! :siren:

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
This is such a common problem in fiction and real life, that if I were writing a story and came to a point where I had to address it I would be very hard pressed to come up with a way to do it that wouldn't be terribly cliche and boring and/or groan inducing.

It's such an obvious solution in hindsight to have the embarrassment of buying condoms be the problem, but have the funny thing be something else altogether, while keeping it related to the situation. Onstad and other accomplished writers probably don't have to worry too much about it cause they're spinning old situations in new ways all the time.

onomatopizza
Dec 12, 2004

A word that sounds like pizza.
I feel like this is sort of a huge step for Beef. He had to go down his path, but he got there.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

onomatopizza posted:

I feel like this is sort of a huge step for Beef. He had to go down his path, but he got there.

Is he throwing them over his shoulder in the last panel?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Matlock posted:

Yes, I could not tell either. I thought he was throwing up a fist ala Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club. It is too small.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Matlock posted:

I took it as him swinging the plastic bag in the air in triumph. It made me smile so I'm sticking with it.

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted
:confused:

That is Beef's breath showing in the cold night air.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Yeah that makes the most sense now that I look at it again.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

onomatopizza posted:

Beef actually talked himself out of depression, good for him.

Although my favorite part was how the hypothetical customers who shared too much all looked like Beef wearing fake hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

Although my favorite part was how the hypothetical customers who shared too much all looked like Beef wearing fake hair.

All his hypotheticals do this. All sad cats are Roast Beef.