Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You know, it'd be kind of hilarious if we never actually managed to recover that water blastia until the epilogue. Kind of a Scouring the Shire sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
This is a more late-game question, but I'm getting bugged by the Giganto sidequest.

I've killed a whole bunch now, including the one in Zaude and Brutal, but they respawn as soon as I leave the room/area and the guy who gives me rewards for 'em doesn't give me anything. In fact, he hasn't given me anything after the first two Gigantos. I've just beaten Zaude and am getting the band party back together, but why isn't the game counting these defeats? Or is it counting them and I'm just expecting rewards when there are none? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, Karol is awesome. He's pretty insufferable at times, but that actually works better to reinforce his character, and his development is, quite honestly, the heart and soul of the whole party, though everyone gets some measure of growth by the end of it all. Except Repede, because he don't give no fucks.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You did talk to Rich before killing the first Giganto, right? Oh, and them respawning is normal, it's random.

Other than that, most sidequests can only activate or advance when your party is currently seen as "full" by the game, which means that everyone who's already a fixed party member is currently in your party. So if you're missing someone due to story right now, that'd probably explain it.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You did talk to Rich before killing the first Giganto, right? Oh, and them respawning is normal, it's random.

Other than that, most sidequests can only activate or advance when your party is currently seen as "full" by the game, which means that everyone who's already a fixed party member is currently in your party. So if you're missing someone due to story right now, that'd probably explain it.

Cool, thanks. Hey, since we're on the topic of sidequests, can somebody explain how Repede's Marking quest works? Like, how do I actually, y'know, do it? I've gotten some items from some NPCs, but I have no idea what makes the map change colors.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Just around the corner where we beat Gattuso, we can find another cutscene. I don't really like this scene, as it always kind of felt out-of place to me.

Watch the cutscene!

It's beautiful...
This is...

Look, Yuri. It's the ocean.
I can see that. ...The wind feels great.

I've seen pictures in books before, but I've never seen it up close like this.
Well, people don't usually travel outside the barriers. If we keep going, we can see all sorts of things, like the jungle or the City of Waterfalls...
There are so many more things we could learn...if only our journey would continue...
I guess it's true... I really was living in a small world.
That's a rare moment of sincerity, coming from you.
It's your first time seeing it too, right?
Well, yes, but...
Aww... You must've had such a lonely life, tied to your research like that.
Having you pity me makes me want to jump off this cliff.
This water has traversed the world's oceans, and has seen all there is to see. The ocean binds the lands of our world together...
Here she goes again. It's really just one big puddle, you know.
Whatever. You were pretty moved back there, too.

Rita prepares to slap Karol...

...but doesn't.

So this is the world as he sees it.
Yuri?
Flynn must have stood on this spot earlier, and looked out at this same scene.
That's true. His duties do take him to many different places.

Nor Harbor is just around the corner from Ehmead Hill. We'll catch up to him in no time.
That's not what I was talking about.
Huh? What do you mean?
All right, let's get moving before Leblanc and friends show up again.
Just follow the ocean road to the west after leaving here to get to Nor Harbor. We can't miss it.
We'll have plenty more chances to see the ocean. Your journey will continue for as long as you want.
It's all up to you. You've made it this far, haven't you?
...That's true.

Last one down's a rotten egg!
You're gonna fall if you don't watch out.

Gyaaaah!
Idiot...

On the cliff here, we can find and examine some kind of tombstone.

Is it a...grave, perhaps?
A grave? In a place like this?
Actually, this is just the type of place I'd expect to see one.
What do you mean?
You know, like the grave of someone who plotted against the empire...and failed. If you wanted to bury somebody and keep it quiet, you'd want a place like this with no one around.
Huh, wonder if that's what I've got in store for me.
Don't say such things...! That isn't funny!
I wasn't exactly kidding. It's just a fact of life that some folks from the lower quarter never get a funeral or a proper burial.
What happens to them, then?
They get cremated and have their ashes scattered over a river or a field, usually.
Are you telling the truth...?
...How did we get started talking about this, anyway?
Cause we're trying to figure what a lone grave is doing in a place like this.
Yeah. So, just who does it belong to...?

And now, we'll go...

...back to Halure! Because those people appeared:

Man: They say there's the remains of some monster in the ground about halfway up. The story goes that this monster was as long as the trunk of the Tree of Halure. Big, right?
Woman: Not long ago, I caught sight of a gallant man on my way home from the port city. He was tall and slender, with silver hair. But he was headed into the mountains, and nobody's seen him since. He was far too handsome to be a hermit... I wonder who he could have been...

I don't think talking to them actually does anything for a sidequest or something, but it's some interesting info.

While we're here, if we go back to Halure's tree, we can find the mayor again.

What's the matter, Mayor?
Oh ho. You're back?
What about something being red?
Oh, it's just that this year's flowers are an especially deep shade of red, so I was thinking that the curse of the caged emperor's bride must be particularly strong this year... But... I'm just joking, of course.
Who's this caged emperor's bride supposed to be?
"About 300 years ago, the emperor at the time, Brimstone the Fourth, planted a tree on the perimeter of Halure's barrier. He lived all of his later years shut up inside his castle, so people took to calling him the caged emperor."
It's always so educational to have you around, Estelle.
But what does the caged emperor's bride have to do with this tree?

The tree gets its red color from the murdered bride's blood, which its roots absorb.
Wha... What the hell...
It's really nothing more than a legend.
Of course. There's no way a tree could keep sucking up someone's blood for centuries, anyway.
Yes. But I'm worried that this macabre tale will spread and drive potential visitors away from our town.
U-ummm...then don't you think it's a bad idea telling it to travelers like us?
I...uhh... Oops. Okay, forget all about that story I just told you, could you?
How are we supposed to forget something like that?!
If you don't forget it, the caged emperor's bride will hold a grudge against you...
C-cut it out...!
There you go again! You're just reinforcing the legend.
Oops...
...There's no way that story's true...

Going back to Ehmead Hill, I stop by the weapon shop to synth myself:

Critical Guard: Forward while guarding to dash towards enemy.
Defend: Defense +5%
Guard Plus: Decreases damage taken while guarding.

Recover: You should know this by now.
Strength: Attack +5%
Evade: Speed +5%

We can also stop by the broken blastia, since Rita hasn't gotten a chance to actually examine it yet.

How come?
This is where that broken blastia is.
I know that.
Come on, let's go back. If the knights find us we'll get in trouble.

...I'm just going to look.
You might get caught!
I'm not that much of a klutz!
Rita...!
Hey now...

Ekaterine... ...She named that blastia, didn't she?
All set?
Yes. There's...nothing that I can do for her... It's just too cruel...
I mean, I understand that blastia are very valuable items, but...
It's not about how valuable they are. Countless people have given their lives to make human civilization what it is. And blastia have been living together with mankind all of that time. They're more than just a simple tool that we use.
...Well, it's certainly clear that blastia are very important to Rita.
Yes.
If you're all finished here, we should be on our way.
Okay.

Alright, finally back to where we were. The rest of Ehmead Hill is pretty straightforward and short, with only one side path/area. While exploring that, Rita and Karol learn artes:

Spread Zero is our first darkness-type spell.

And with Destructo Pain Shot, Karol attacks with his bag, dealing damage and decreasing the physical defense of the enemies it hits.

At the exit of this dungeon, the party discovers a camping set someone left there. Don't ask me who or why.

Oh, that's a camping set! With this, you can set up camp and sleep without having to go to an inn!
Oh, that's nice! Now you can go off and play nature boy whenever we sleep at an inn, and we'll save money, too!
Wh-what are you talking about? Camping sets are single-use only!
Rita, don't be so mean!
Hmph!
That sounds really useful, Karol.
Yeah, they're essential when you're on the road. In addition to camping sets, you could also sleep on mats. But camping sets are really the best thing to use. You can't get a better night's sleep with anything else!
What wonderful timing! All of you look so exhausted from climbing...
...You look pretty pooped, yourself.
Yeah, we've got a ways to go before we get to town, too. Maybe we should set up camp here?
Alright, I'll get everything set up! Oh, once you've camped somewhere, you won't be able to camp around there for a while afterwards.
Why's that?
After camping at a certain site, the basic barrier that's included in the camping set will stop being effective for a while, so long as you're near that site.
Basic barrier? What's that? There's no blastia like that.
It's not a blastia, actually. It's just something that gives off a smell that monsters find unpleasant. That's why they call it a "barrier." It can keep the monsters at bay for a night, but after enough time passes, the monsters get used to the smell, and it won't keep you safe anymore.
Hmmm... That makes sense...
Well then, we'll leave the setup to you, Karol.
All right. Let's set up a camp a little bit further.

Short version: You can use Mats or Tents on the world map to recover HP and TP. Once you use one, you have to fight a battle before you can use another.

Back on the world map, we just have to follow the path here and we'll eventually arrive at Capua Nor. Estelle learns Photon, a light-based attack magic, on the way, finally giving her something to attack enemies effectively with.

And there we are, Capua Nor.

Next time, we'll enter the town and meet some interesting people.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 9, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

RentCavalier posted:

Cool, thanks. Hey, since we're on the topic of sidequests, can somebody explain how Repede's Marking quest works? Like, how do I actually, y'know, do it? I've gotten some items from some NPCs, but I have no idea what makes the map change colors.

Ah yes, that quest. Basically, what you want to do is:
- Open up the World Map (in the main menu), go to Field.
- For each entry except for those you can't land on (stuff like The Inner Ocean), fly to that area so the top right corner of the menu lists exactly that name.
- Land, and use a Mat, Simple Tent, Tent or Barrier. That changes the color on the Dog Map from red or colorless to blue.
- Repeat for every area.

Once you reach about 85% completion (there's no actual number listed, you just have to guess), you can trigger the scene that gives you the reward for that sidequest, but I can't remember off the top of my head where exactly that is.

Note that there's a sidequest at Myorzo that allows your airship to land in more places, such as on ice.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
According to a guide I'm using, that couple in Halure is the next step in the sidequest you started by examining the gravestone.

However, I talked to the couple after I missed the cutoff for seeing the scene at the grave, so...I have no idea what is up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SweaterGear posted:

According to a guide I'm using, that couple in Halure is the next step in the sidequest you started by examining the gravestone.

However, I talked to the couple after I missed the cutoff for seeing the scene at the grave, so...I have no idea what is up.

Some sidequest steps aren't required steps. They exist to expand on the sidequest but are ultimately optional.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

SpazmasterX posted:

Some sidequest steps aren't required steps. They exist to expand on the sidequest but are ultimately optional.

That would explain how I got the Tiger Blade arte from the "Dark Enforcer" sidequest without doing any of the other steps before or after.

Very tricky, game, very tricky.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

- For each entry except for those you can't land on (stuff like The Inner Ocean), fly to that area so the top right corner of the menu lists exactly that name.
- Land, and use a Mat, Simple Tent, Tent or Barrier. That changes the color on the Dog Map from red or colorless to blue.
- Repeat for every area.

Once you reach about 85% completion (there's no actual number listed, you just have to guess), you can trigger the scene that gives you the reward for that sidequest, but I can't remember off the top of my head where exactly that is.

Note that there's a sidequest at Myorzo that allows your airship to land in more places, such as on ice.

There are a couple of scenes you have to trigger. I think about halfway through you talk to a cat in Danghrest, then at 75%-ish, you go to Aurnion (so late game) and the other dog should appear somewhere in the left area. Finally at 90ish percent, you go back to Zaphias to the first save point near Yuri's place.

This could be a bit off but I know these things happen at certain intervals.

thecallahan
Nov 15, 2004

Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and cut.

- Repeat for every area.

And of course you need to get into a battle between mat/tent usage of course.

I really love Karol's silly arte names and it never fails to get at least a chuckle each time he says/uses them in battle.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yeah, Karol's artes are cool (Reaper Knock!), but I've never got the hang of playing as him. A shame too, since apart from speedy things he's got some real nice variety and options.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a shame that Karol doesn't just build up a giant arsenal of improbable single-use items slung around his character model.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Glazius posted:

It's a shame that Karol doesn't just build up a giant arsenal of improbable single-use items slung around his character model.

On the other hand, he's literally got a Bag of Holding.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Watch the cutscene!

Let's find an inn before we get soaked.
Estelle, what is it?
Oh, I-I just thought a harbor town would be more... lively than this.
Yeah, this isn't exactly how I imagined it either...
But it feels like the kind of place that core thief you're looking for would hang out
Dedecchi was headed for Torim Harbor.
I'm sure the two are pretty similar.
No way. It's only Nor Harbor that's scummy like this.
What do you mean?
Nor Harbor is... It's all because of the empire.
??? (offscreen): I told you what would happen to that little brat if you didn't have our money!

With this awful weather the last few months, we haven't been able to launch the boats. Surely you realize sir, we can't hope to pay our taxes like this.
Mercenary: You'd better hurry up and capture that Rhybgaro beast then, shouldn't you?
Noble: That's right. If you sell his horn, you'll never have to worry about taxes again. How many times do we have to tell you?
Savages...
Is that the sort of scum you were talking about, Karol?
Yeah, the empire's influence is really strong here.

Which means there's no one to complain to if his henchmen act like that.
But how can that be...?

But it's our son! If I don't go...

Oh, sorry about that. Didn't see you there.

B-but I... I can't afford this treatment...
Don't you have something else to say?
Huh...?
Jeez...You guys been robbed of your manners along with your money?
...I-I'm sorry. Thank you most kindly.

Yuri spots something in the nearby alley that peaks his interest.

He decides to go in there to investigate it.

Watch the cutscene! (recommended as there's a lot of action that's hard to capture in screenshots)

It's an ambush!

This fight is fairly simple, although they can combo you for a bit if you're an idiot like me and rush straight into their middle. Still, nothing too complicated, in the worst case scenario just activate your Over Limit and Azure Edge/Destruction Field them a lot.

That's not the end of them, though. They do some fancy jumping around stuff trying to get hits in on Yuri, but he's pretty good at dodging/defending and countering them.

But suddenly...

Flynn! What are you...? Hey! That's my line!
I've been looking all over for you.

They finish off the enemies together.

...Heh, that was about to get ugly...
All right...

Yuri, I'm happy to see you're finally seeing the world outside the barrier.
So, be a little more happy then. And stop pointing that thing at me.

Hey, it's up to 10,000 Gald. Nice.
I didn't think when you quit the Knights that you'd take up a life of crime.

Simple or not, a crime is a crime.
...Good to see you're as stubborn as always. I... uh-oh.

Perfect timing.
...Flynn!

Oh, Flynn. Are you all right? Have you been hurt?
...I-I'm fine. Um, Lady Estellise...
Oh! I'm sorry. I was just so happy to see you, I...
...Please, this way.

Flynn grabs Estelle by the hand and runs off with her.

...I'd better go find Karol and Rita.

Karol and Rita hang out in front of the Inn. But before talking to them, we can find the Wonder Chef close by.

He'll teach us the Sorbet recipe. Sorbet heals 10% of everyone's max TP, which is pretty useful.

Are they both inside the inn?
Yep. So that other guy was Flynn, then?
Yeah, well...
You might not be able to get a word in edgewise if you went in now.
It seemed like they might be in there a while. Wanna burn time walking around town a bit?
...Sure, okay.

Although Karol suggests exploring the town, you can actually go into the inn right away.

Exploring the town doesn't do much for us right now, apart from the shop the only point of interest is the magistrate's mansion past the town bridge.

However, it's closed off to us...

...unless you happen to be playing the PS3 version, in which case you can witness a cutscene over there!

Watch the cutscene! (Japanese voices)

The guard grabs the girl by her neck.

Ugh!

Guard A: I don't want it, and this ain't a place for kids like you.

He throws her away...

...and Yuri happens to catch her.

Mm?

Guard A: What's with you? Are you her father or something?
Do I look like I'm the father of a kid this old? You've gotta be kidding.
I'd like a rematch!

Hey now, are you really going to fight an unarmed kid with a weapon?
Guard A: I'm just teaching her what it means to fight by adult's rules.
I said cut it out.

The girl, seemingly, has enough of this and drops a smoke bomb.

Ah!
Guard B: Wh-what're you doing...!?
Guard A: *cough* N-now you've done it...

Amidst the confusion, Yuri manages to grab the girl by her hand.

Wait, now you just intend to escape?

What do you mean by "consequences?"
Sadly, now's not the time to explain.
What?
Farewell!

Guard A: Tch, what was with that brat!? Hey, you better make yourself scarce too!

Flynn and Estelle should have finished catching up by now.

In any case, our next stop is Flynn at the inn, who we're going to have a conversation with next time.

---------

Since this was our first PS3 scene, some information about the PS3 version and how it's gonna be shown in this LP:

I'm a member of the currently ongoing Tales of Vesperia PS3 translation (as Pikachu025), that's where that English Patty scene is from. Note that, since the translation is still underway, the wording of the lines etc. is subject to change.

I'm planning to show off some of the new PS3 things, stuff like new storyline scenes, new dungeons, and new sidequests. I'm not going to point out every change they did to the existing story and scenes, though, just some of the interesting/important ones; the main run will still be on the 360 version with the English voice acting. Up until now, the PS3 version has been pretty much identical to the 360 version, apart from one sidequest that can be activated much earlier and new background music for Zaphias Castle and Halure before the tree's revived. From now on, though, there'll be the occasional new scene regarding (mostly) the girl we just met, along with a couple other additions and changes here and there.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 9, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I say integrate it. We'll probably totally forget the context if you do it all at the end.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The way the translation is done looks really impressive. I can't wait to till it's complete even though it'll probably take a while, but with Abyss 3D and Graces coming up the waiting should be easier.
I'd love to see the PS3 stuff integrated in this LP, pretty much everything the PS3 version has to offer is new to me so I'd love to see it in action.

Also I wonder what the general reception of Flynn is going to be. I can't stand him for reasons that should become obvious as the game goes on.

laod
Feb 7, 2006

Ooh. I'd definitely love to see the ps3 content integrated. That's a very nice touch.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Oh man, please integrate the PS3 content. That looks awesome.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

That is, if you guys are interested in that.

Hell yes, sign us up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly, I was never as big a fan of her as most people I know. I actually liked the cast dynamic as it is, and I thought that throwing her in threw it off. Show off the content, though, so I can see what I missed. The OTHER big reason the PS3 version is lauded, however, I can understand.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Color me super interested in the PS3 content.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
This scene with Flynn bugs me, mostly because of Estelle and him. I'm at the end of the game practically now and for the life of me, I cannot remember why it is that Estelle wanted to see Flynn so badly in the first place. Have I forgotten or do they just never explain it? I get why she does the things she does later, but what was inspiring her to leave the castle to find him initially?

thecallahan
Nov 15, 2004

Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and cut.
You have to integrate it or at least show it off as I doubt I'd ever get to see/play the PS3 version!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alright, guess I should explain something here: I'm a member of the currently ongoing Tales of Vesperia PS3 translation (as Pikachu025),

Did you murder the first 24 pikachus or what? I'm uncomfortable with this idea that you're a mass-murderer of funny looking yellow rats.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Ahaha, nah, that's just the name I've been using on online stuff for ages. The 025 part comes from the fact that Pikachu is #25 in the Kanto Pokédex.

Seems like everyone wants the PS3 content spliced where it would occur in the story. Alright, then I'll keep doing that.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I dunno how I feel about it because part of me still hopes to play it sometime and I'd rather not just see all the new content for the first time in screenshots.

But I dunno. I guess ultimately it's not something I'll lose sleep over.

Micah_Hakubi
Dec 30, 2008

~Doin' it for the hugs~

RentCavalier posted:

This scene with Flynn bugs me, mostly because of Estelle and him. I'm at the end of the game practically now and for the life of me, I cannot remember why it is that Estelle wanted to see Flynn so badly in the first place. Have I forgotten or do they just never explain it? I get why she does the things she does later, but what was inspiring her to leave the castle to find him initially?

Haven't played the game, but from the LP I assume there's some dark shenanigans going on in the background that involves threatening Flynn somehow. Hence Estelle wanting to find Flynn without using official channels or something.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
What a refreshing way to handle the chase for the guy they were chasing all over. They sensibly left a note in the first town in case they missed him, Flynn got the note and left one of his own saying to meet him in the next town, and then, they actually met in the next town! Presto!

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
I don't own a PS3 so having you do some of the extra content in the LP would be nice. Too bad you guys working on the translation can't hire the voice actors to voice the new stuff.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

What a refreshing way to handle the chase for the guy they were chasing all over. They sensibly left a note in the first town in case they missed him, Flynn got the note and left one of his own saying to meet him in the next town, and then, they actually met in the next town! Presto!

Always makes you wonder why Mario didn't just go straight to the 8th castle.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Another vote in favor of showing Ps3 scenes. It's probably the only way I'm going to see them.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
No dammit, I don't want extra original content that fleshes out the story and background. Only the glorious Japanese deserve it, not use western ingrates. :colbert:

(Hell yes)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Having the PS3 scenes integrated into the LP would be awesome. I haven't played the game before, so it's nice to see all the content at once.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So are we going to find out who these random zombie assholes are that are trying to murder Flynn?

It'd be kind of hilarious if Flynn didn't know either, but figured that staying put to wait on random zombie assholes was not a viable strategy.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yeah we will. (and they're not actually zombies)

RentCavalier posted:

I've been thinking about that, but I can't remember either if this is actually addressed. I assume it's got something to do with Zagi and his guys chasing Flynn, but...

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

I've been thinking about that, but I can't remember either if this is actually addressed. I assume it's got something to do with Zagi and his guys chasing Flynn, but...

That's what I thought at first too, but I don't think it's a spoiler to say that their role is revealed and explained and I don't know how Estelle would have any idea who they were or what their motives were.

It's kind of a minor plot hole that doesn't matter in the long run, but it really bugs me now that I can't recall a single explanation, and I've nearly beaten the game now.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
RentCavalier's Question: I THINK that she wanted to inform him about Ioder being missing? It's the only thing I can think of besides Zagi and co.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Which of the following drinking games would kill you fastest after it starts?

Every time Estelle quotes a book, take a shot.
Every time Rita is mean to Karol, take a shot.
Every time Yuri is mean to Karol, take a shot.
Every time Flynn is mentioned while he is not in the same town, take a shot.
Every time you-know-who pervs out, take a shot.
Every time the other you-know-who teases Yuri, take a shot.
Every time a Knight yells Yuri's name, take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Raitzeno posted:

Which of the following drinking games would kill you fastest after it starts?

Every time Estelle quotes a book, take a shot.
Every time Rita is mean to Karol, take a shot.
Every time Yuri is mean to Karol, take a shot.
Every time Flynn is mentioned while he is not in the same town, take a shot.
Every time you-know-who pervs out, take a shot.
Every time the other you-know-who teases Yuri, take a shot.
Every time a Knight yells Yuri's name, take a shot.

2,3,4,5, and 6 will all kill you rather quickly, but 4 will slowly wane now that we've met Flynn.

• Locked thread