Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Nuts and Gum posted:

Perhaps one of you kind goons can help me out. I'm SL 28, still rocking the Drake Sword, a Caduceus Round Shield, and the heaviest armor I can find. I'm stuck in the New Londo Ruins where you approach the building that has the 'guardian' on top. I killed him from afar with arrows as I thought he was bad, hopefully I'm not hosed, although I did get a key.

I can't make it into this building without getting royally gang banged. If I try to lure the ghosts out a few at a time I inevitably fall into the water because the targeting system sucks my balls. Am I at an appropriate SL to be in this area? I'd love to travel to Anor Londo so I could have a working Bonfire in the Firelink Shrine, but I can't even figure out how to get there :psyduck:

With the ghosts, I get them following me and then run to the top of the stairs outside. They'll fly up to you and you can poke them to death with a spear. SL shouldn't matter if you can kill all the ghosts leading up to there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

blablablabla posted:

So i went back to the asylum to get the iron rusty ring or whatever and the gate is still locked. Where do i find the key for this lock?

On your way up to the Bird's Nest in Firelink you'll notice the roof of a building with an item pickup on top...you need to go and grab that item, drop to the ground, and then head to the bird's nest.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Is level 33 too high for being summoned in the Gaping Dragon fight?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Zain posted:

Is level 33 too high for being summoned in the Gaping Dragon fight?

I got plenty of hits around that level for the Gaping Dragon (PS3), but that probably is a bit on the high side.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Will possibly finish my street fighter run tomorrow, looking for more ideas for gimmick runs.

I'm thinking a Ricard run, but after that my ideas are dry. (Done regular runs, castlevania run, and now finishing my street fighter as said before) gimme some ideas!

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
I really feel like I've hit a wall and it's my fault for sure.

I went with a faith build, medium armor with defensive miracles.

But I'm about to hit level 80, have a +5 Occult Claymore, +5 Divine Mace, and a +5 Fire Flay. I do have some nice "special stuff" but I stick with the clay... mostly because of strenth.

But yeah, level 80, just have the 4 doors opened, and the centipede is the only one finished but only because I had help. I haven't even finished Tombs yet.

It just sucks seeing guys bust out some crazy spells or very agile characters, but you're stuck in your build until this run is through.

I'm sad.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

waspinator posted:

Will possibly finish my street fighter run tomorrow, looking for more ideas for gimmick runs.

I'm thinking a Ricard run, but after that my ideas are dry. (Done regular runs, castlevania run, and now finishing my street fighter as said before) gimme some ideas!

Dual Shields.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

waspinator posted:

Bow only run

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Kild posted:

Bow only run
Ehh, crossbow only run would be more interesting since it means no sniping and eventually, Avelyn. :black101:

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

waspinator posted:

Maneater Mildred run.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So I might be completely terrible at this game if I keep dying as a spirit to GD. I mean holy poo poo how do I go from breezing his fight to... Well getting smacked around like a bitch?

Sumixam
Jun 9, 2004

Always got to wash them at their ends.
Am I correct in thinking there is no way to aim soul arrow manually?

Secondly, gaping dragon is pretty easy to attack with ranged weapons, it just takes a long while to kill it.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

waspinator posted:

Meatslab run. Havel's Armor, Ring of Steel Protection, and two Havel's Shields.

Edit: Or a pacifist run. Don't kill anything that isn't required to be killed. This includes bosses like the Taurus Demon, who can be made to commit suicide.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 25, 2011

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Indirect run. Play as any class you like, get any armor you like. Do not remove your starter weapon from the main hand. You may only not use your main hand weapon for anything but ripostes. You may upgrade your equipment, but you may not have a secondary weapon other than a crossbow or casting implement in your right hand. Making full use of an offhand weapon is permitted. Summarily, the goal of this run is to not attack with your mainhand starting weapon.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

waspinator posted:

Wolverine with duel claws? Pyro hand plus darkwraith shield hand?

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

ConfusedUs posted:

Dual Shields.

Seconding!

Aren't there spells/rings that make you invisible and silent? I wonder how much of the game you could just stealth your way through . . .

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

that was a waste of 188000 souls on absolution. Rhea in tomb still didnt talk to me and Rea and party in firelink still attacked me on sight.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Seeth the Scaleless: Am I crazy? I had no trouble finding the guy on accident when I entered the Duke's Archives the first time, now that I'm looking for him I have no idea where he is.

Also, invisible platforms!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sanzuo posted:

Seeth the Scaleless: Am I crazy? I had no trouble finding the guy on accident when I entered the Duke's Archives the first time, now that I'm looking for him I have no idea where he is.

Also, invisible platforms!

On the non-invisible platform that ends in a bunch of crystals, walk through them. You might start sliding off; I know I did. You're going to need to drop onto an invisible walkway. Then you just walk past some clams and you're at Seathe.

What's a good PvP weapon that isn't slow as hell? The zweihander is awesome and all, but half the time I can't even swing it.
edit: Except when I get a backstab, it's massive...

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 25, 2011

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sen's fortress, game just took any pretense of being even remotely fair and tossed it out the window, gently caress this place.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

waspinator posted:

G Gundam run.

Dual Pyromancy Flames only.

Erupting Burning Finger.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

Alteisen posted:

Sen's fortress, game just took any pretense of being even remotely fair and tossed it out the window, gently caress this place.

Think you only run into 8 or so enemies in that place if you go directly to the top. just take your time and its not so bad.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sir Arthur: a spear, a short-sword, soul arrows, firebombs, and a crossbow, knight/elite knight armor set, no armor while hollow. Play the Ghosts & Goblins music on loop for the whole run.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Alteisen posted:

What are you having trouble with, the second boulder segment?
If so, you can either head out and up immediately after is passes the door and do a leap after you turn the corner, or you can follow it down to the lightning spear and elevator up for an alternate route.

Sumixam posted:

Am I correct in thinking there is no way to aim soul arrow manually?

You can't aim it like you can a bow, but it's working out which way your character is facing and then factoring in the camera's elevation relative to your character, I took the tail off the dragon with lightning bolts this way :haw:

Not actually viable for anything but very large and slow bosses.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

How do I open the golden fog gates if I choose to not talk with Fraampt after obtaining the Lordvessel? Do I need to go straight to Four Kings from this point?

Also, I may or may not have just let Sif go :ssh:

SynVisions
Jun 29, 2003

Alteisen posted:

For all the hype Sen's fortress has received in this thread I can't believe how straightforward it was. All you have to do is not run full tilt through the whole thing. All of the traps are pretty obvious, run of the mill stuff, except for the treasure chest monster.

It's not even in the top 50% for most difficult/annoying zones in my opinion.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Alteisen posted:

What's unfair about Sen's? I love that place.

enojy posted:

How do I open the golden fog gates if I choose to not talk with Fraampt after obtaining the Lordvessel? Do I need to go straight to Four Kings from this point?

Yup

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SynVisions posted:

For all the hype Sen's fortress has received in this thread I can't believe how straightforward it was. All you have to do is not run full tilt through the whole thing. All of the traps are pretty obvious, run of the mill stuff, except for the treasure chest monster.

It's not even in the top 50% for most difficult/annoying zones in my opinion.

Well the monsters ramp up in defense so if you're breezing through the game with drake sword you just hit a wall of 500 hp monsters while you do 70 or so.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

ConfusedUs posted:

Dual Shields.

This was the most hilarious way to play Demon's Souls, it's still the best way to play in Dark Souls.

This is the only choice.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

KezzKezzan posted:

This was the most hilarious way to play Demon's Souls, it's still the best way to play in Dark Souls.

This is the only choice.

Oh my... now we need someone with a lively personality to do a Let's Play of Dark Shields. Entire game using only shields.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Last set of guillotines was pissing me off. I got it now.

Would be nice to find a fire, I'm tired of spawning back at the parish.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

waspinator posted:

You could do a SL 1 run but that'd probably be too boring for you now. Maybe put all points into resistance or something?

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Alteisen posted:

You are near a fire after the second or third set of pendulums. There's also a shortcut that lets you skip most of the fortress. After the first set of pendulums though, jump off right before you go through the doorway. There are all kinds of fun prizes below!

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

enojy posted:

Oh my... now we need someone with a lively personality to do a Let's Play of Dark Shields. Entire game using only shields.

Hello Dark Soulinites! Huzzah!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Dual wield Bandit's Knives and only put points into dexterity.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Alteisen posted:

When you get onto the roof look out for a crack in the railing :ssh:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo pyromancer is crazy good if you just beeline straight to the pyro teacher by the butchers in Depths. Got my pyro flame to +9, I can take out the parish gargoyle boss in like 6 shots and the second one in 3, (and I've got 16, it's rad they combine identical spells into one single slot instead of making you switch!) it's kind of laughable, some pubby summoned me earlier and as soon as I joined he put a lightning resin on his weapon.. I walked in, killed the heavy knight in parish chapel in 2 fireballs, the rapier guard on the stairs with 1, and then his poo poo ran out by the time he was able to run up the ladder to the gargoyle roof. :laugh: Being able to take out the blighttown fatties in like 3 shots is nice, too - I hate those guys.

Just chillin' at SL 18, seems like I can get 2-5 summons an hour at parish.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'd like to try to get all the miracles my first game, but I've been level 61 for a long time. Where's a good place to invade/help for dragon/sunlight/darkmoon/gravelord at my level?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Wasp, do a fists only run on NG+ so you can wear the gwyn suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crowbear posted:

When you get onto the roof look out for a crack in the railing :ssh:

Guess that explains why there's a bonfire ahead message in the middle of nowhere.

• Locked thread