Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really enjoyed that episode. I like it when they throw in some cute ones :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoot Suit Mahoney
Jan 20, 2010

Quit jivin' me, turkey.
Where is everyone getting that Kid Cudi was in the episode? Green Hat sounded like Tyler again.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Z.S. Ghost posted:

Oh, poo poo, it is Tyler and Gambino? That's fantastic.

That was awesome.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Zoot Suit Mahoney posted:

Where is everyone getting that Kid Cudi was in the episode? Green Hat sounded like Tyler again.

Yeah, Tyler himself tweeted that he played the kid in the yellow hat and green hoodie.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Two Peaks Mall!

Revolute
Aug 2, 2007

we've got our peace of mind
hahaha Trash and Scabitha

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love that the second Pops mentioned his car's "special gears" I knew the car would fly.

Also I need Mordecai's confident face for an avatar so bad.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just gonna throw it out there but Scabitha is an awesome name for a roller derby player.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Can someone make gifs of them making the confidant face? Preferably looping.

Life is Eat and Die
Apr 15, 2001
Somebody on tumblr already did!

http://resistanceliveson.tumblr.com/post/13481860199

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That... wasn't the best episode, to be honest. I kind of like that Margaret and Eileen have reached the point where they can support a plot like this, but the plot itself felt really conventional - ironically, like a regular show! Even the few minutes of flying around in flying cars wasn't very interesting and felt like a token concession to the show's formula.

On the one hand I really did enjoy the resolution and was kind of glad that they could even do a resolution like that now, but on the other it was oddly predictable, so I guess I just don't know about this episode.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I've been slowly warming up to this show. There seem to be a lot of George Costanza/Larry David type badly-thought-out ideas that start off each episode

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Proper modification of a gumball machine:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees that!
He'll be all like, :goleft:"Oh no! My gumballs!"

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
It should be his angry face, saying "GIVE ME A QUARTER OR YOU'RE FIRED!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Aexo posted:

It should be his angry face, saying "GIVE ME A QUARTER OR YOU'RE FIRED!"

Machine only filled with Cinnamon-flavored gumballs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All I could think about when I was watching Cruisin' was Aphex Twin's Windowlicker.

So...

Regular Twins

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Going through the entire series as they play on CN. Does every single episode have something supernatural/outlandish happen?

Also, I immensely enjoyed the Zombocalypse episode because the moment the video store guy mentioned "foreign bootleg with extra footage" I knew which movie they were joking about.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Going through the entire series as they play on CN. Does every single episode have something supernatural/outlandish happen?

Also, I immensely enjoyed the Zombocalypse episode because the moment the video store guy mentioned "foreign bootleg with extra footage" I knew which movie they were joking about.

Typically, yes. Some are less supernatural than others though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Steve Yun posted:

What is that a reference to?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Evil Dead 2 back in the days of VHS. For a long time only the Japanese VHS release had the alternate unhappy ending and getting your hands on a bootleg copy of it was sort of a big deal for cult film nerds back then. It was the first time I learned that international releases might have different cuts of a movie.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Looks like your kids will never see their Park Dad-enue!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
drat, these graffiti monsters are HORRIFYING.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

"I wanna let you know you guys did a good thing today. You narced a guy out and got him fired! :buddy:" Oh, Benson. Never change. :allears:

And yes. This marks the first episode that I believe will haunt my nightmares. God drat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I loved how the little spray part made him look angry or surprised.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Evil Dead 2 back in the days of VHS. For a long time only the Japanese VHS release had the alternate unhappy ending and getting your hands on a bootleg copy of it was sort of a big deal for cult film nerds back then. It was the first time I learned that international releases might have different cuts of a movie.

I didn't know there was alternate cuts of that movie! I remember Army of Darkness having an alternate ending and stuff. I am intrigued!

Edit: Googling makes me think you meant Army of Darkness instead of Evil Dead 2. :(

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 13, 2011

Footsteps Falco
Oct 16, 2010

Sir French Fry
Finally Happening! A DVD set is coming out!

While it is not a complete season 1 or 2, it is a start! It is coming out on April 3, 2012, and is called 'Regular Show- Slack Pack'. Here's the link to the info (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Regular-Slack-Pack/16302).

The Website posted:

Regular Show - The First 2 Seasons are Represented on DVD in the 'Slack Pack'

12 episodes come to stores during the first week of April
Posted by David Lambert
12/12/2011

Cartoon Network Redefines "Regular" by debuting its hit animated comedy series Regular Show on DVD with the Launch of Regular Show Slack Pack. The Emmy nominated hit comedy (Outstanding Animated Program) has been part of the popular Monday night line up on Cartoon Network along with the hit show Adventure Time. Regular Show features Mordecai and Rigby, two groundskeepers at a park whose attempts to escape their everyday boredom take them to fantastical extremes. The job is so deadly dull that the two friends will do anything they can to avoid it. Regular Show Slack pack features 12 episodes from seasons 1 and 2.

The Cartoon Network has announced that the Regular Show - Slack Pack DVD is coming to stores on April 3rd. This single-disc title running 143 minutes has 12 episodes:

The Power
Just Set Up The Chairs
Death Punchies
Grilled Cheese Deluxe
Mordecai And The Rigby's
Rage Against The TV
This is My Jam
The Night Owl
Over The Top
Prank Callers
Brain Eraser
A Bunch Of Baby Ducks

Also included is a Rah-ha Ring Tone, and it's all priced at $14.97 SRP.

At amazon.com right now, it is priced much lower (like ten bucks and change). Go forth and order, and maybe a true season set could be in our future!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Footsteps Falco posted:

Finally Happening! A DVD set is coming out!

While it is not a complete season 1 or 2, it is a start! It is coming out on April 3, 2012, and is called 'Regular Show- Slack Pack'. Here's the link to the info (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Regular-Slack-Pack/16302).

I hate it. I don't want a random grab-bag of episodes; I have that on my DVR. Give me full seasons, in an orderly fashion, or nothing at all.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

The Human Crouton posted:

I hate it. I don't want a random grab-bag of episodes; I have that on my DVR. Give me full seasons, in an orderly fashion, or nothing at all.
CN does this. They did it with Adventure Time, and that's going to get the season releases still. They're just getting what money they can now while they put stuff together. Regular Show's looking to be successful enough to get the same treatment, eventually. Then again, I'm still waiting on a decent Flapjack release. :sigh:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

No bluray no sale. I don't see the point of buying something that has inferior video quality to an internet download.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends only has seasons 1 and 2. I don't know if there's some legal thing keeping it from being released, but that's something I've been wanting for a while. Just a quick look at Wikipedia shows me it won seven emmy's. C'mon! It's award winning!

I'd buy this show and that one, for sure though. They're both lots of fun.

Aexo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 14, 2011

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Why is Cartoon Network doing these random episode DVDs? Just give us what we want already.

I did hear that Adventure Time is going to have season sets, so maybe we're onto something.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

weirdojace posted:

Why is Cartoon Network doing these random episode DVDs? Just give us what we want already.

I think it's because CN/Time-Warner just expect parents to buy these as babysitters. Ignore adult animation fans and parents who actually enjoy the same shows as their kids, they're all chomos and perverts. Their money is tainted.

Yet somehow Johnny Test has full season releases. Probably because the show is so ugly they can compress the poo poo out of the video and not lose a lot of detail.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 15, 2011

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

ToastyPotato posted:

I didn't know there was alternate cuts of that movie! I remember Army of Darkness having an alternate ending and stuff. I am intrigued!

Edit: Googling makes me think you meant Army of Darkness instead of Evil Dead 2. :(

Er, poo poo, yeah that's what I meant.

So I'm going through the episodes as they get recorded on my DVR. So far the funniest is either the Basketball episode or Stick Hockey.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

The Human Crouton posted:

I don't know how well received iTunes is around here, but you can buy all available episodes (organized by season) for about $43 through the iTunes store, as well as get the rest of this season's episodes for free. They're decent quality and the value is there - you can buy all 16 episodes from the first season for $10 instead of buying a DVD of eight random episodes for $10~15. There is one caveat though: episodes are released in two-episode blocks (meaning that there's a 22-minute "episode" that contains two separate episodes of the show), so you can't freely pick between all the episodes. They also get released every two episodes instead of every one so that does delay episodes a bit, but it hasn't bothered me too much and may work for you as well.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Jetpack Postman posted:

I don't know how well received iTunes is around here, but you can buy all available episodes (organized by season) for about $43 through the iTunes store, as well as get the rest of this season's episodes for free. They're decent quality and the value is there - you can buy all 16 episodes from the first season for $10 instead of buying a DVD of eight random episodes for $10~15. There is one caveat though: episodes are released in two-episode blocks (meaning that there's a 22-minute "episode" that contains two separate episodes of the show), so you can't freely pick between all the episodes. They also get released every two episodes instead of every one so that does delay episodes a bit, but it hasn't bothered me too much and may work for you as well.

Does iTunes keep an archive of this stuff so I can make a decision to buy all the complete season later or something? I'm guessing Flapjack isn't on there. I don't have iTunes installed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ToastyPotato posted:

Does iTunes keep an archive of this stuff so I can make a decision to buy all the complete season later or something? I'm guessing Flapjack isn't on there. I don't have iTunes installed.

Yes it does, it's all tied one account, unfortunately they don't offer Regular Show in HD, but all three seasons of Flapjack are on there, also not in HD. :(

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yes it does, it's all tied one account, unfortunately they don't offer Regular Show in HD, but all three seasons of Flapjack are on there, also not in HD. :(

I haven't noticed so much; the quality of the episodes are great even in so-called SD. They look great when I play them on my computer or my iPhone - same for Adventure Time. I can't say the same for Flapjack though, since I haven't seen any episodes that they have on iTunes.

One thing you should be aware of - if you don't know already - is to buy the episodes per SEASON (on the top of the window) instead of per EPISODE (listed in the body of the window). The single-episode price is marked up ridiculously high (around 150%~200%), so you'll end up spending a whole lot more than you normally would.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I haven't had any luck with GIS or Youtube, but I dont suppose anyone has a still of the second horrified look on Mordecai's face when they're watching the Karaoke video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
Mississippi Queen, you guys. MISSISSIPPI QUEEN.

• Locked thread