Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
The DVDR sleeze list claims that DDP got his job because he and Bischoff were long time wife-swapping pals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Mystery Opponent posted:

The DVDR sleeze list claims that DDP got his job because he and Bischoff were long time wife-swapping pals.

Is Bischoff's wife anywhere near as attractive as Kimberly was in the 1990s? I'm just curious about if DDP was genuinely interested in wife swapping, or if he was pimping his wife out for a job.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 5, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Is Bischoff's wife anywhere near as attractive as Kimberly was in the 1990s? I'm just curious about if DDP was genuinely interested in wife swapping, or if he was pimping his wife out for a job.
Well, Loree Bischoff did pose for "Playboy's Hottest Housewives".

She's a life coach. Yes, the jokes write themselves...

http://www.loreebischoff.com/

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
DDP turned into Loree Bischoff

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Is Bischoff's wife anywhere near as attractive as Kimberly was in the 1990s?

Was anyone?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mystery Opponent posted:

Consenting adults having sex? Well that's just the epitome of scummy!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Bischoff's "Cronyism hires" were Ernest Miller and DDP. One man's "He hired his loving neighbor and his kid's karate instructor" is another man's "He recognized when people he met had talent and hired them." Cat and DDP were loving awesome.

The Cat was loving awful and it took him 4 years to even develop some promo ability, and another year for them to figure out how to use it without putting him in the ring. The guy had no business being in WCW other than Bischoff thought he was this super great fighter because he taught karate and would try to flaunt it in embarrassing ways.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The man entertained me on my television. I'd call that a win.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

LividLiquid posted:

Yes getting a job by whoring your wife to another man isn't scummy, you right

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If I had to describe DDP in the 90's, the word would be "scummy" based off of looks.

The word for Bischoff would be "slimy."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have this feeling that The Cat and Sonny Onoo vs Jerry Flynn from Uncensored 99 is the match all the previous poo poo in WCW was leading up to and all of the poo poo that followed was caused by. That was a match we paid $30 for all leading up to another reminder that Ric Flair was poo poo and Hulk Hogan was the best.

Yuriy posted:

You do realize DDP was previously employed by WCW and part of the reason Bischoff got a job in WCW. I wonder if it was that or "whoring out his wife" that got him his job.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yuriy posted:

How is wife-swapping in any way analogous to whoring? Be specific.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

How is wife-swapping in any way analogous to whoring? Be specific.

If you let another man sleep with your wife for the purpose of getting a job you have traded sex for a certain value. In effect you are a pimp.

However, in general sex work laws are retarded and what happens between four white people in the suburbs isn't exploitative to any of them so who gives a poo poo?

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

LividLiquid posted:

Wife swapper spotted :chord:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bischoff and his wife were part of the Gold Club scandal and were definitely having threesomes with strippers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

If you let another man sleep with your wife for the purpose of getting a job you have traded sex for a certain value. In effect you are a pimp.

However, in general sex work laws are retarded and what happens between four white people in the suburbs isn't exploitative to any of them so who gives a poo poo?
How is that in any way what happened? People wife swap for a plethora of reasons that don't include job advancement. Second paragraph I'm down with, but this whole thing just seems hilarious to me as it paints Bischoff as scummy for including his wife in his sex life while ignoring that Vince hosed around behind his wife's back. THAT's loving scummy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

How is that in any way what happened? People wife swap for a plethora of reasons that don't include job advancement. Second paragraph I'm down with, but this whole thing just seems hilarious to me as it paints Bischoff as scummy for including his wife in his sex life while ignoring that Vince hosed around behind his wife's back. THAT's loving scummy.

As I said, if the wife swapping went down for the purpose of getting the job then it is analogous. If they were good buddies who wife swapped and Bischoff gave him a job it isn't. Or if more likely he just got the job because he had been in WCW, they were friends and WCW hired lots of people it also isn't.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bischoff and his wife were part of the Gold Club scandal and were definitely having threesomes with strippers.
I think I remember some testimony from that; Bischoff watching drunk as his wife and a stripper performed a 'Horizontal Tombstone Piledriver' on each other.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I posted:

I think I remember some testimony from that; Bischoff watching drunk as his wife and a stripper performed a 'Horizontal Tombstone Piledriver' on each other.

It's been strongly rumoured that somebody (Vince McMahon) got a copy of the transcript of it and passed it around back stage at a Raw taping. The story goes that when Bischoff came to the WWE later, people were quoting passages from it within ear shot of him.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Yuriy posted:

Why are we assuming it worked this direction? Loree Bischoff and Kimberly Page might have each had respective "nice guy/total rear end in a top hat guy" fantasies and decided to do some husband-swapping for fun.

Honestly that makes more sense to me than Diamond Dallas Page going along with a proposition from Eric Bischoff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Perigryn posted:

Well, Loree Bischoff did pose for "Playboy's Hottest Housewives".

She's a life coach. Yes, the jokes write themselves...

http://www.loreebischoff.com/

Life tip 1: Look at me, look at my husband, do the opposite.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

thefncrow posted:

You mentioning that reminds me that I think I might still have WrestlingWithShirts.txt somewhere on my home computer.

:woop:

Mex would be The Best Poster if he had a forums account. I guarantee you that Tony Schiavone, Little League Dad would have been an even bigger hit here. :)

Gay4BluRayz
Oct 6, 2004
I WHITE-KNIGHT FOR MY SOCIOPATHS! OH GOD SUH PLEASE PUT YOUR BALLS IN MY MOUTH!
Man, I was taking a shower at about 5:30 on Saturday and I randomly found myself wishing WCW Saturday Night was still on. I have a weird nostalgia for it back when I was a kid and I would love to have a jobber show to just have on in the background while I get ready to do something Saturday night.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

nasboat posted:

:woop:

Mex would be The Best Poster if he had a forums account. I guarantee you that Tony Schiavone, Little League Dad would have been an even bigger hit here. :)

...Oh dear god, I had honestly forgotten MexHammer until you brought him up.

I miss the old Main Event show that came on Sundays almost as much as Saturday Night; it seemed like a prelude to things like the WWF's Free-For-All or Heat. On days of PPVs, they'd have a match or two during the show as lead ins for the PPV itself, which I always saw as cool, even if it was Flyin Brian vs. The Gambler.

Because it was Flyin Brian vs. The Gambler.

bartok
May 10, 2006

If I remember right WCW Saturday Night became less of a squash show and more like the current NXT towards the end of its run. It even had storylines that were separate from Nitro and Thunder.
I think Hacksaw Jim Duggan only defended the TV Title he found in the garbage against jobbers with various foreign stereotypes gimmicks on Saturday Night.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

thatguyclint posted:

...Oh dear god, I had honestly forgotten MexHammer until you brought him up.

You have forgotten the face of your father.

WCW syndicated stuff was the best. The Cult of Barry Houston - it is a drat shame his match vs. Liger isn't kicking around on the Internet, or his match vs. Finlay, when Finlay just literally points at Houston's face, then breaks it with a kneedrop.

Here is a Barry Houston match. Barry Houston was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHuxNg427Xw

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WCW Worldwide was so hosed up.

It was half recaps and the recaps were at least 1 week behind.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Chunky Delight posted:

If I remember right WCW Saturday Night became less of a squash show and more like the current NXT towards the end of its run. It even had storylines that were separate from Nitro and Thunder.
I think Hacksaw Jim Duggan only defended the TV Title he found in the garbage against jobbers with various foreign stereotypes gimmicks on Saturday Night.

One of my earliest exposures to WCW after rediscovering wrestling in 2000 was Duggan defending the TV Title against "Fidel Sierra", a fat guy waving a cuban flag.

Actually, looking Fidel Sierra up, the guy was a legit veteran who was a big wheel in the WWC

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WCW Worldwide was so hosed up.

It was half recaps and the recaps were at least 1 week behind.

I swear I remember one time when WCW Worldwide opened with a recap of the show they were about to air.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 8, 2012

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Back to Diamond Dallas Page-chat, I briefly dated his daughter a few years ago and we are still really close friends to this day. To give an idea of how private their life is, I literally just found out today that DDP is her father. I will have the chance to meet him and have lunch with them later this year when he comes back to Atlanta to visit her (he currently lives in California). If I had known about this when we were dating, I would've marked out like you wouldn't believe. When she told me today, I still marked out in my head, because hell, it's DDP. Who WOULDN'T mark out?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That's the best thing ever.

Contrast her to Nattie Neidhart. My buddy is a waiter and met her at the restaurant he works at. She actually pulled out a trading card of The Anvil from her purse to tell my friend who's daughter she is. He is not a wrestling fan haha.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

That's the best thing ever.

Contrast her to Nattie Neidhart. My buddy is a waiter and met her at the restaurant he works at. She actually pulled out a trading card of The Anvil from her purse to tell my friend who's daughter she is. He is not a wrestling fan haha.

based on that prank call to Nattie Neidhart on the Tom Greene show, I'd have to say Nattie is pretty loving crazy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
But seriously this guy dated DDP's daughter, there's so many jokes about feeling the BANG here that we're missing out on.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, but he's not dating her anymore, so all he gets to feel now are Self High-Fives.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Q_res posted:

Yeah, but he's not dating her anymore, so all he gets to feel now are Self High-Fives.
That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing..

*ting*

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

But seriously this guy dated DDP's daughter, there's so many jokes about feeling the BANG here that we're missing out on.
He tried to get a Jersey Triad going but she was not into that kind of thing.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, she's a really cool girl. She's into horses and outdoors-y stuff, and doesn't let her dad's fame get to her head. She thinks it's really cool that he was a popular star, but other than that she doesn't know much about the business. When I meet him, I'll ask him some questions. Anyone have any that they'd like answered? Please keep it respectful (IE, no asking about wife swapping with Bischoff) because I don't really want to piss off someone I highly respect (also his daughter will be there and I don't want to piss her off either). I'll probably see him around early-mid March or maybe sooner, if his schedule lets him come out to Atlanta. From what his daughter says, he's been very busy with his acting and other ventures.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Is Kimberly her mother? Are they still together? Not asking you to ask this I'm just wondering.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Tell him his cutter is better than Ortons.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Is Kimberly her mother? Are they still together? Not asking you to ask this I'm just wondering.

I asked her this earlier. Kimberly isn't her mother, and she and DDP divorced not too long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Ask him how it was being the first WCW guy to show up after the WWE bought them and that awesome reaction he got when he unmasked.