Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kirk posted:

i love foundation

i should read caves of steel

i didn't read caves but i read the sequel "robots of dawn" and it was a spectacular transition into the world of book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

i'm 99% convinced that the crossover was conceived just for this joke

they made that page then drew a bunch of pages no one cared about around it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the TOS xmen crossover is waaaaaay better than the TNG xmen crossover

v. shocking i know

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is to say nothing of the dog a good book? it's about time travel

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I'll say the forbidden, but Planetes would have worked fine as a live action show on BBC if it followed the animated storyline.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Deuterieux posted:

idgi is this a "dammit jim" joke

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

Jonny 290 posted:

idgi is this a "dammit jim" joke

Dr. McCoy. Two of them there are.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

LP97S posted:

I'll say the forbidden, but Planetes would have worked fine as a live action show on BBC if it followed the animated storyline.

suffer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
planetes is good enough that it doesn't count as anime

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Oh god, this dubbing is loving atrocious.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

haveblue posted:

planetes is good enough that it doesn't count as anime

wrong

Heresiarch posted:

Oh god, this dubbing is loving atrocious.

wrong (because it implies there are dubs that are good)

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
holy poo poo people unironically recommended that cartoon

gently caress you

gently caress you

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Kirk posted:

gently caress you

gently caress you

iawtp

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirk posted:

gently caress you

gently caress you

Where are the mods I ask you?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Forums Terrorist posted:

wrong (because it implies there are dubs that are good)

There are, they're just rare, because it requires hiring competent people and paying them well, so almost nobody does it because 99% of anime isn't worth the time or money since it's poo poo to begin with.

This particular one is even worse than usual.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

lets continue to talk about anime and also mangas i am a comic book reader/connoisseur

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

golgo13sf posted:

Where are the mods I ask you?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

this is my favourite one

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

oh god, what have i done

im sorry kirk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I was thinking the other day that there really oughta be more books & movies about the hollow earth and what strange and exciting things might be there

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

rotor posted:

I was thinking the other day that there really oughta be more books & movies about the hollow earth and what strange and exciting things might be there

I think the first five minutes of "The Mole People" sucked any joy I have for that idea.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

rotor posted:

i could have sworn i picked up a book at the used book store about that once

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

nazis, usually

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Deep in his fortified bunker, Adolf Hitler, once unshakable in his confidence in Nazi world domination, now admits that defeat is at hand. But Hitler is determined never to suffer the humiliation of being captured by his enemies. There is only one escape route - one he has planned for should he ever face just such a turn of events. Suicide is out of the question. Instead, Hitler and his corps of elite traverse through an underground tunnel to an isolated airstrip. There they board an unmarked plane and fly south. South to the pole. To the opening at the South Pole where they will enter the hollow Earth and disappear from history.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i think it's hilarious that hitler is some bogeyman that, if he reappeared, could instantly turn germany into a war mongering powerhouse overnight

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7of0_IGq9T0

oh late 90s/early 2000s wardrobes how i missed you

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

rotor posted:

inside the hollow earth is another hollow earth

it's hollow earths all the way down

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Kirk posted:

Deep in his fortified bunker, Adolf Hitler, once unshakable in his confidence in Nazi world domination, now admits that defeat is at hand. But Hitler is determined never to suffer the humiliation of being captured by his enemies. There is only one escape route - one he has planned for should he ever face just such a turn of events. Suicide is out of the question. Instead, Hitler and his corps of elite traverse through an underground tunnel to an isolated airstrip. There they board an unmarked plane and fly south. South to the pole. To the opening at the South Pole where they will enter the hollow Earth and disappear from history.

Dude, you ought to cite your sources.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

rotor posted:

pudding.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

I am unironically angry that the sequel to journey to the center of the earth is called the mysterious island when everyone knows the mysterious island was the sequel to 20,000 leagues under the sea

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Deuterieux posted:

pudding.

nougat

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gravy

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

haveblue posted:

I am unironically angry that the sequel to journey to the center of the earth is called the mysterious island when everyone knows the mysterious island was the sequel to 20,000 leagues under the sea

i got confused when i first saw a preview for that
i see journey 2 the mysterious isaldn and didnt know if they were like hey this is a sequel or using 2 as a way to be cool and abbreviate 'to'

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the hollow earth?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like that pellucidar poo poo is even in the public domain, gently caress, why are there not like 4000 movies about that poo poo

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

rotor posted:

like that pellucidar poo poo is even in the public domain, gently caress, why are there not like 4000 movies about that poo poo

because hollywood is too busy remaking superhero movies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kirk posted:

gently caress you

gently caress you

a slightly better cartoon

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

amf5 posted:

a slightly better cartoon

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless