Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kirk posted:

also

seeing frakes in person a couple years ago i was like "drat nigga u aged", but then seeing him in HD from 1990 and then comparing that to what i saw in person, he hasn't aged as badly as i thought

but stewart

oh man

don't ever let anyone tell you that patrick stewart hasn't aged much since 1990

acuse holy gently caress he has

hes 71

dude looks good for 71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

you say this but all i hear is "i want my tentacle dickgirl bukkake hentai to be consenusal dammit"

I hear "im going to defend this anime because it is art unlike that other anime because..."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

amf5 posted:

hes 71

dude looks good for 71

and shatner is eighty years old

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

yeah shatner stopped aging at some point

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

J. Vance best writer.

S. Lem number II spot.

Also, agreedo that 99% of Anime is trash, but I saw Wings of Honneamise at a film festival and it was kinda good as [a] it could easily have been live-action and [b] did nothing with the usual anime tropes.

this your moment of glory, mod that is reading this

it can be you

you can be the mod that finally bans nmn forever

and for anime

your name would be written in stone

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

no more none more negative

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirk posted:

it can be you

and for anime

Alareon, your chance, take it with both hands.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Kirk posted:

it can be you

and for anime

This would go so well with one of your older Garak avs.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
listen, mods.

you'll get what you want: the fame and glory of banning an infamous chubby chaser.

And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved all of YOSPOS from anime, and all it cost was the account of one shitposter, an anime fan... and giving into the suggestions of one star trek obsessed poster.

I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Mind Spew posted:

yeah shatner stopped aging at some point

due to a leak in the warp core, his body has stopped aging in the fourth dimension (time) and is instead merely expanding in the other three

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
wasnt patrick steward also in one of those "Hey Vern" movies?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well i just checked imdb and i guess not

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
it's jon steward

no 'h'

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nmn is right about vance being a legit writer though. hell, it's enough of an achievement to write good, concise fantasy at all

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

theflyingexecutive posted:

nmn is right about vance being a legit writer though. hell, it's enough of an achievement to write good, concise fantasy at all

JV is one of the few writers to get a real IRL LOL with some of the Cugel stuff.

Also, Kirk is just a little upset right now, I understand.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Kirk posted:

listen, mods.

you'll get what you want: the fame and glory of banning an infamous chubby chaser.

And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved all of YOSPOS from anime, and all it cost was the account of one shitposter, an anime fan... and giving into the suggestions of one star trek obsessed poster.

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice

Kirk posted:

listen, mods.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i got no problem with nmn i dunno why y'all got beef

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

rotor posted:

i got no problem with nmn i dunno why y'all got beef

toby
Dec 4, 2002

whats all the nmn hate

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

he posted some pix of questionable burlesque at some point but igaf

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i dont got a beef with nmn aside from anime posting i just wanted to madlib garak

if i am ever made ik of yospos i will destroy everything and you will see the most epic madlib in its place

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

garak

is that some kind of star track thing

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

rotor posted:

well it's a word you don't understand said by kirk so it's either a star trek thing or some sexual nullification/masochism thing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 posted:

sexual nullification/masochism thing

ugh those are so gross

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUo8W_tbGtE

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
i would be such an ownage star fleet officer

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
garak might have been the best character on the best trak which is the only sci fi television worth watching. sci fi peaked when he joined the federation to fight against his own people because he had no where else to go

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

looks like someone told january jones she'd be working with kids again :ohdear:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

looks like someone told january jones she'd be working with kids again :ohdear:

Getting her pregnant, the ultimate troll

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Kirk posted:

the most epic madlib

hmmmmm

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Kirk posted:

i dont got a beef with nmn aside from anime posting

but seriously anime posting is an insidious cancer and we can't have people thinking that it's okay because then instantly a buncha closeted otaku will ejaculate the load of loli os-tans they've been hoarding for years, bullshit anime be everywhere and the pos will be even more unreadable

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

FEMA summer camp posted:

but seriously anime posting is an insidious cancer and we can't have people thinking that it's okay because then instantly a buncha closeted otaku will ejaculate the load of loli os-tans they've been hoarding for years, bullshit anime be everywhere and the pos will be even more unreadable

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FEMA summer camp posted:

zero anime tolerance

Heroinanime, Not even once.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

zero anime tolerance

Heroinanime, Not even once.

one of my circles of friends and I got into heroin for a while, most were able to call an end to it after a couple times and not touch it anymore, even though it is basically the best feeling in the world. Some weren't so lucky and had to go through the usual poverty/crime/rock bottom/recovery thing and are now doing pretty well.

another circle really got really into anime around the same time and ...well, they're not doing as well. I'd go into details but this is an internet forum and I don't want to offend anyone like if i said "married a 400 lbs woman with a profoundly receding hairline" and a yosposter be all "hey you leave my wife alone" but I'm sure you can imagine

my point is anime is more destructive to human lives than heroin so i am with your post (iawyp 4 short)

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
can we talk about anime if we say we watched it and it was bad? 'cos i mentioned that i was interested in depictions of ai in pop culture in my english class and the prof recommended that i watch ghost in the shell. then i did and it had a whole bunch of gratuitous tit shots and awkwardly shoehorned in philosophizing and a dumb plot.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

i personally feel that anime is more like meth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

please stop this adtrw embassy from forming

• Locked thread