Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

i was sanitizing my facebook today and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good poo poo, man

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
HOTT underdogs for this next UFC

Lavar johnson at +180???? Will he knock out the notoriously chinny Patrick HD Berry the way he knocked out (all the way out of the UFC) berry's friend The mexicutioner?? At these odds hell its worth taking the chance

Alan belcher at +250???? palhares won his last fight which means hes due to do something retarded and lose somehow, plus belcher is the very cool man, palhares is going to lose and youll make big $$$$$ you must belief me

Koscheck at +105??????????? dont believ ethe hype on tiny beard baby hendricks, koscheck is going to win a stupid looking diecision and +105 winnings will be yours if you heed this message

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'd bet on Johnson and Kos, but an arch-jew stole my earnings because I didn't read the fine print of the fine print. :<

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Lavar johnson at +180???? Will he knock out the notoriously chinny Patrick HD Berry the way he knocked out (all the way out of the UFC) berry's friend The mexicutioner?? At these odds hell its worth taking the chance

Alan belcher at +250???? palhares won his last fight which means hes due to do something retarded and lose somehow, plus belcher is the very cool man, palhares is going to lose and youll make big $$$$$ you must belief me

Koscheck at +105??????????? dont believ ethe hype on tiny beard baby hendricks, koscheck is going to win a stupid looking diecision and +105 winnings will be yours if you heed this message

What is your credibility?

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Kos looked very uncomfortable with getting punched in the face in the Pierce fight, and Hendricks hits hard.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Street Horrrsing posted:

Kos looked very uncomfortable with getting punched in the face in the Pierce fight, and Hendricks hits hard.

They both should've lost to Pierce, it's not going to matter who hits harder when they both do the chainlink tango for 15 minutes

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Pierce is way more likely to hit you than Hendrix, just not as hard. Then again, there's the Paulo Thiago argument.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Paul Pot posted:

Then again, there's the Paulo Thiago argument.

Is that the argument I had with my friend about Paulo Thiago being a good fighter?

Because I really regret debating that so much two years ago.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

Is that the argument I had with my friend about Paulo Thiago being a good fighter?

Because I really regret debating that so much two years ago.

it's ok, the whole world lost its mind about Avian Fluke

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

heeebrew posted:

What is your credibility?

Ive made million in the field of internet sports gambling. You are only losing out on FREE $$$ by not following my bets

Socrates
Nov 2, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I like Hendricks at -115 on BookMaker.

He's younger, quicker, has quality wins, better temperment, better power, equal or close-enough-not-to-get-hosed wrestling, and is probably more motivated.

Josh looked only half-interested against a much smaller Pierce. He knows he probably won't get another title shot; certainly not against GSP, but probably in line behind Ellenberger, Rory, Nick Diaz (one way or another) or even Kampmann for Condit.

For Johny, however, beating Kos means getting a ticket to jump from "let's see what happens" to "he's in the mix" and being 1 or 2 fights away from a life-changing paycheck.

They both won splits over Pierce but I thought Hendricks looked better against him. Kos is wily and experienced but he's also a bit of a head case. I see this 60/40 in Hendricks' favor and worth the odds.

Socrates fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 2, 2012

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Both guys looked bad against Pierce, who's a bad match for pretty much anyone. So you can't really hold it against them or deduce much from their matchups against him. Also I don't think I'd consider "better temperment" a criteria in picking a fight.

I still go with Koscheck because they are extremely similar fighters, with Koscheck having the edge in experience. The fight will likely devolve into a hugathon and be very close (literally). I'd bet on Koscheck by decision if I had to but I ain't touching this fight.

Same with Diaz/Miller. Diaz has the advantage standing but there's no telling if he can stop Miller from taking him down, stuffing submissions and peppering him. 5 rounds makes it even more unpredictable as both guys have good cardio, sub defense, and endless heart.

Only bets I like on the Fox card are Big Johnson at +170 because he hits really hard and Barry's dumb despite being a much better striker. And Belcher at +240 because those are good odds when Palhares' chances depend solely on getting it to the ground in the first round, and even then Belcher's pretty savvy there.

Basically, listen to internet millionaire Chemtrail Clem.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

world b lee posted:

Also I don't think I'd consider "better temperment" a criteria in picking a fight.

If I were to pick one guy between the two to keep as a house pet, it would definitely be Hendricks.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

If I were to pick one guy between the two to keep as a house pet, it would definitely be Hendricks.

But if i had to pick one guy between the two to be a chia pet, it would be Koscheck

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I would definitely put a little money on lavar johnson if i were a gambling man. I hope Pat Barry wins, but its Pat Barry. Koscheck at even odds isn't a terrible bet either.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Chemtrail Clem posted:

But if i had to pick one guy between the two to be a chia pet, it would be Koscheck

you should tweet that to mike chiappetta

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I still refuse to believe that's a real name.

I think Kos is the good bet for the event at those odds. Flattening Fitch is pretty drat cool but if he can't repeat it's going to be his first showing at the top end of 170 and he's still the guy who was fighting TJ Waldburger on undercards one year ago.

I figure either you'll make money or see Kos get knocked silly again soooooo win win.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Well I didnt count on the judges making the right decision but I still made internet millions on the other two underdogs, thanks all

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Gambling, Wagering, and stuff like that, are all really good.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

the line movement was pretty funky today.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Glad a threw a couple dollars on Diaz-Miller not going the distance just before the fight

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
I had a Belcher-Lavar Johnson parlay.

Not sure if I feel good about making money on Barry's loss, though.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Cerrone/Stephens not going the distance at -110 seems like a good bet. I see it going one of two ways. Either Stephens knocks out Cerrone due to his lovely defense, or Cerrone submits Stephens.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Placed bets on Del Rosario @ +130 and Herman @ +160 at Treasure Island's sports book. $25 each.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I dunno, betting on Herman, wild stuff.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Beting on Heavyweights is always stupid as hell!!! Its true!! But the closest thing to a good value bet on this card is Lavar over Struve at +110 because struve is due for receiving another hilarious floppy tall man KO. The other okay bet is betting on JDS and just bet 5 times as much as you can afford to make up for the odds because hes definitely going to win

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bucket Joneses posted:

Placed bets on Del Rosario @ +130 and Herman @ +160 at Treasure Island's sports book. $25 each.

Welp there goes $50. Don't bet on MMA.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Bucket Joneses posted:

Welp there goes $50. Don't bet on MMA.

sorry for the loss, and don't bet on mma always applies, but those 2 picks were not very good.

edit: I feel like we missed the boat by not making a :siren:for the love of GOD don't bet on a heavyweights PPV:siren: post.

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 27, 2012

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Anybody tempted to bet on Fisher/Stout should probably be aware of this - http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/20/3099136/spencer-fisher-pretty-sure-fridays-ufc-on-fx-4-fight-will-be-his-last

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Does anyone have any insanely cool betting tips for a man who no longer wants to go through the tedium of watching tape on everyone ever? Thanks you. Thank.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Steve Glutenberg posted:

Does anyone have any insanely cool betting tips for a man who no longer wants to go through the tedium of watching tape on everyone ever? Thanks you. Thank.
just bet on the guy you hope loses, to avoid depression :thumbsup:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Steve Glutenberg posted:

I havent been paying attention at all lately but uhhh *wikipedias the card and enters the classical Thinker pose* uhhhhhh bet a lot on Maynard , Fisher and uhhh bet against Hioki for the classic betting against the japanese guy safety bet

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Chemtrail Clem posted:

I havent been paying attention at all lately but uhhh *wikipedias the card and enters the classical Thinker pose* uhhhhhh bet a lot on Maynard , Fisher and uhhh bet against Hioki for the classic betting against the japanese guy safety bet

Thanks, instead of listening to you I bet on Dan Miller, Nick Catone, Rick Story, Ross Peelerson, and Sam Stout

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Steve Glutenberg posted:

Ross Peelerson

Good bet, apparently he is a super nice guy

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Good bet, apparently he is a super nice guy

I don't care much for drunk drivers, it'll take more than a charming personality and a passing resemblance to Ian "The Machine" Freeman from behind to win me over.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Steve Glutenberg posted:

I don't care much for drunk drivers, it'll take more than a charming personality and a passing resemblance to Ian "The Machine" Freeman from behind to win me over.

Dammit, that slipped my mind entirely

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Steve Glutenberg posted:

Thanks, instead of listening to you I bet on Dan Miller, Nick Catone, Rick Story, Ross Peelerson, and Sam Stout

Wow, i thought this was just an intellectual exercise and here you are throwing away real cash money like a sick degenerate. Gambling is a gateway vice

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Will Dan Miller do okay at welterweight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Wow, i thought this was just an intellectual exercise and here you are throwing away real cash money like a sick degenerate. Gambling is a gateway vice

that's why I stopped, but the allure of single digit paydays sucked me back in...