Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

:psyduck:

I believe the bottom row are the alcoholic ones.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Kanji's drink looks delicious.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Pasela's has done a lot of game-related promotions/collabs in the past, but you usually see this kind of thing at a cafe or a karaoke bar.

e: yep, just like this

e2: nanako's omerice :3: http://www.paselabo.tv/anime/persona4/cafe.html

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 20, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have to wonder what the hell the shadow's drink is. It looks like death.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Endorph posted:

I have to wonder what the hell the shadow's drink is. It looks like death.

I'm pretty sure in the description underneath, Teddie's telling you to run from it, too.

I think it's hilarious that the karaoke side (as in, the side with the TV) has a dish called "Mayonaka Teribi" - as in Midnight TV, but more like Midnight TB. (Teribi being Teriyaki Beef, and a pun on "Terebi")

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does anyone else think it's really weird that they ignore P4 for years and years then just remembered "Oh yeah we have this game" and did 20 spinoffs all at once

I mean at least with P3 they came pretty quick.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does anyone else think it's really weird that they ignore P4 for years and years then just remembered "Oh yeah we have this game" and did 20 spinoffs all at once

I mean at least with P3 they came pretty quick.

No matter how much Sony wants to convince us otherwise, the Vita is a huge risk right now. Atlus Co. is right to market the P4 brand until maximum saturation is achieved. If it were just one game, it'd be more difficult to convince regular consumers that gimmicky drinks and light novels are worth more than a passing notion.

But when you have a portable RPG, a fighting game, and a cartoon, it tends to make people want to be part of the whole "P4 experience". They'll buy both games, the DVDs, eat the silly plates, drink the poison cocktails, read the 4-panel joke comics, and wear the keychain charms, all just to be a part of something they perceive as larger than themselves.

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions. :twisted:

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Justice posted:

He was sent to bear our sins. :smugteddie:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So the person(s) behind the fanmade P5 soundtrack stuff just made another PV. It's getting kinda weird how much effort they're putting into it.

Also, does anyone know where i can find a decent version of Yamato's battle sprite? I have a feeling it could make for a neat avatar.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/21016627.html
New Soul Hackers 3DS stuff:

This is a new critter called Nemechi (or something). It's a demon that grows and evolves as you trade "Demon Soul" via Streetpass.

Also there's apparently gonna be like 30 new demons (well, more like "new" rather than never seen before).

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I like that Pyro's rocking the VOTOMS lens.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Justice posted:

No matter how much Sony wants to convince us otherwise, the Vita is a huge risk right now. Atlus Co. is right to market the P4 brand until maximum saturation is achieved. If it were just one game, it'd be more difficult to convince regular consumers that gimmicky drinks and light novels are worth more than a passing notion.

But when you have a portable RPG, a fighting game, and a cartoon, it tends to make people want to be part of the whole "P4 experience". They'll buy both games, the DVDs, eat the silly plates, drink the poison cocktails, read the 4-panel joke comics, and wear the keychain charms, all just to be a part of something they perceive as larger than themselves.

Yeah, pretty much all this. Plus, the year they started all this P4 attention was the year P4 actually took place after all; that's closer than an anniversary.

I don't think they did anything speciall AT ALL for the year P3 takes place, which saddened me at the time, to be honest. (unless that was when P3P came out, I don't even remember anymore when that happened)

Also those drinks are super old news. Like, probably at least 5 months old news. I remember a friend trying to do some translations of the ingredients; Yukiko's sounded absolutely delicious and I think Kanji's was supposed to be some kind of kahlua-like concoction.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Katsudon posted:

Kanji's was supposed to be some kind of kahlua-like concoction.

Yeah, I can read kahlua in his.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Katsudon posted:

Also those drinks are super old news. Like, probably at least 5 months old news. I remember a friend trying to do some translations of the ingredients; Yukiko's sounded absolutely delicious and I think Kanji's was supposed to be some kind of kahlua-like concoction.

My friend in Japan just told me to go to Akihabara to try those drinks and foods. As if it were just a jaunty walk away.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Katsudon posted:

Do you have any of these still lying around? I tried to figure out Yukiko's but my Google Translate-fu is insufficient :(

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Mio Bison posted:

Do you have any of these still lying around? I tried to figure out Yukiko's but my Google Translate-fu is insufficient :(

I could try looking for them, although like I said it was months ago, I'll have to do a lot of digging.

Yukiko's involves some kind of sakura liqueur though, if I remember right.

edit: couldn't find her translations because I don't have access to where she put them before but I found these and they sound like what I got from her:

Note that the image is not all that big and was hard for people translating it to read so some parts may be wrong.

quote:

Yosuke: Jiraiya’s Orange-Mint Gale.
"The image is a fresh wind commanded by Jiraiya; exhilarating mint and floating, colored drops complete the mood."

Rise: Risecchi’s Soothing Strawberry Milk.
"The sweetness of the strawberry milk will make a ‘healing wave’."

Chie: Satonaka Chie’s Strike! Certain Kill!! Crush Soda.
"A green and yellow tonic with a punch, perfectly suited to Chie’s image."

Shadow: Shadow.
"Sense~i! Those guys are here, kuma! Run away quick, kuma!"

Souji: Rumored Transfer Student Cocktail.
"He’s the rumored transfer student!? This cocktail leaves a cool impression, but I wonder what kind of flavor it has?"

Yukiko: Amagi Yukiko’s Cherry Blossom Fizz.
"A lovely cocktail that uses cherry blossom liqueur. As I thought, red really suits her ♪"

Kanji: Tatsumi Kanji’s Sausage Kahlua.
"A pitch black, frightening image, but really… it’s sweet and delicious…"

Naoto: Young Detective’s Julep Cocktail.
"A detective with many secrets pursuing a mystery. With two mysteries in one…"

Teddy: Kuma’s… I think it says ‘Blue’ something or other…
"Sweet and ‘beary’ delicious ♪ The shaved ice was made with Bufu, kuma! (that’s a lie)"

Katsudon fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 21, 2012

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Katsudon posted:

I could try looking for them, although like I said it was months ago, I'll have to do a lot of digging.

Yukiko's involves some kind of sakura liqueur though, if I remember right.

edit: couldn't find her translations because I don't have access to where she put them before but I found these and they sound like what I got from her:

Note that the image is not all that big and was hard for people translating it to read so some parts may be wrong.

Couldn't figure out why someone was saying 'kuma' (bear) repeatedly (specifically, for the Shadow drink), until I realized that's probably the Japanese equivalent of all the terrible 'bear' puns that Teddie spouts.

Also 'Sausage' Kahlua for Kanji? Fantastic.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 21, 2012

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Morpheus posted:

Couldn't figure out why someone was saying 'kuma' (bear) repeatedly (specifically, for the Shadow drink), until I realized that's probably the Japanese equivalent of all the terrible 'bear' puns that Teddie spouts.

Also 'Sausage' Kahlua for Kanji? Fantastic.

Yeah Kuma is what Teddie is called in Japanese and as such, it's his verbal tic too. Changing it to bear puns was a pretty great idea, even if they're terrible.

I think "Sausage" might be a mistranslation but who... even knows. :psyduck:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Katsudon posted:

Yeah Kuma is what Teddie is called in Japanese and as such, it's his verbal tic too. Changing it to bear puns was a pretty great idea, even if they're terrible.

I think "Sausage" might be a mistranslation but who... even knows. :psyduck:

It is "Wii-n-na" which does transliterate out to Wiener. Winner is "U-i-na". So yeah, sausage Kaluha.

I think they're implying Kanji likes dudes.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Not winner?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It is almost assuredly a reference to Wiener Melange, which is called Wiener Coffee in Japan.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Double postin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kd9raa9Cd8

Soul Hackers trailer that was on Nintendo Direct last night. You can actually see gameplay (it looks pretty much identical to the PSX version except the animation has been sped the gently caress up and the demon sprites are clearer. No animated sprites though.)

It looks like most of the new demons are just different designs for demons that are already in the game, including:

lovely Diaper Odin. Atlus loving loves lovely Diaper Odin so much they're retroactively adding into games that already have Good Odin.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

MadRhetoric posted:

It is "Wii-n-na" which does transliterate out to Wiener. Winner is "U-i-na". So yeah, sausage Kaluha.

I think they're implying Kanji likes dudes.

.....welp. :stare: And here I just thought the translator just picked a word that was too literal for some kind of Japanese specific slang or something. (relating of course, to either Kanji liking dudes or being manly as hell) Simpler than I thought I guess.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Double postin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kd9raa9Cd8

Soul Hackers trailer that was on Nintendo Direct last night. You can actually see gameplay (it looks pretty much identical to the PSX version except the animation has been sped the gently caress up and the demon sprites are clearer. No animated sprites though.)

It looks like most of the new demons are just different designs for demons that are already in the game, including:

lovely Diaper Odin. Atlus loving loves lovely Diaper Odin so much they're retroactively adding into games that already have Good Odin.

Oh great. Stupid Odin again. God loving drat it Atlus is making it so hard for me to like them. :sigh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Technique posted:

Oh great. Stupid Odin again. God loving drat it Atlus is making it so hard for me to like them. :sigh:

This is who pink boy is replacing, by the way

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rinkles posted:

This is who pink boy is replacing, by the way

This is the first time I've ever seen old Odin and I am now filled with rage at this being the first time I've ever seen old Odin. What the gently caress, Atlus!?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Note: He's not replacing Cool Odin. This is a separate Odin that has higher stats and is available through some Streetpass shenanigans.

Here's a few more gameplay videos:
http://youtu.be/awqxey8lyoQ
http://youtu.be/69_45d_KsEM

It's like they heard all the complaints about how slow their Persona PSP ports were and decided to put SH in fastforward.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So what happens if you fuse Good Odin and Bad Odin? Do you get a third, Mediocre Odin!?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

TurnipFritter posted:

Note: He's not replacing Cool Odin. This is a separate Odin that has higher stats and is available through some Streetpass shenanigans.

That's pretty weird.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
nah, True Odin.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That's pretty weird.

Yeah. Most of the demons listed in that screenshot are just shittier designs for demons already in the game.

On the plus side, one of the ones that isn't already in the game is Izanami

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Okay, I finally picked up my own Slim PS2 and am playing my copy of Devil Summoner 2 I got when my old room mate had a PS2. Between the PS2 BIOS screen and the Atlus logo, it stays on a black screen for almost 30 seconds. None of my other games do this, and there's no slow loading or weird glitches happening in game. Is that long rear end gap before the logo normal then?

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Okay, I finally picked up my own Slim PS2 and am playing my copy of Devil Summoner 2 I got when my old room mate had a PS2. Between the PS2 BIOS screen and the Atlus logo, it stays on a black screen for almost 30 seconds. None of my other games do this, and there's no slow loading or weird glitches happening in game. Is that long rear end gap before the logo normal then?

Sounds like an issue with the disc, I played it on a PS3 and didn't have this experience but that's obv not a slim 2 and I don't have a slim to test it on, sorry. Hopefully someone else will be more helpful here.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Soul Hackers has some cool old Kaneko designs to it that we don't see as much anymore. I also got probated last time I posted Artemis from that game without :nws: tags.

Technique posted:

So what happens if you fuse Good Odin and Bad Odin? Do you get a third, Mediocre Odin!?

Anthony Hopkins

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Technique posted:

You get SuperOdin.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

vanov posted:

Sounds like an issue with the disc, I played it on a PS3 and didn't have this experience but that's obv not a slim 2 and I don't have a slim to test it on, sorry. Hopefully someone else will be more helpful here.

Okay, that's weird that it would only be for the initial logo then. But as long as it is, whatever, I can live with waiting for 30 seconds after initial boot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dr Pepper posted:

You get SuperOdin.

Anthony Hopkins? :crossarms:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
After P3 (which I'm almost done with ) and p4 (half way through or so) which SMT game do you recommend? I was playing devil summoner 1 and strange journey on my DS before it was stolen. I can play ps2 games. Strange journey was pretty good, devil summoner was ok.

edit: maybe it was survivor. It was the first devil <whatever> on the NDS, about 2-3.5? years ago.

redreader fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 3, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Do you mean Survivor? Summoner was PS2, Survivor was DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Devil Survivor 1 & 2 are both fun. I think 1 was better since the feeling of dread as the locked down city devolves into chaos was more interesting than the typical world destruction and being recreated in the image of somebody plot of 2 we've all seen before.