Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Haledjian posted:

I actually started out really liking Problem Sleuth. It's really funny, but after a certain number of surprise surreal twists it stopped having any basis in reality and nothing seemed to mean anything anymore.

Just like adventure games! :v:

Chalk me up as someone else who loved Problem Sleuth but dropped out of Homestuck after a while. I really liked it, especially some a lot of the music, but then the second intermission turned into a major indecipherable text slog and I just stopped reading the updates. Kinda glad I dropped out of it though, especially with how crazy everything surrounding it has gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Problem Sleuth was fun for me, but I read it all in one sitting.

Homestuck is...I'm reading it out of habit. It's just too convoluted to keep track of when I'm not a rabid fan of it.

Prequel is based in an established "real-ish" lore, which means 90% of my attention doesn't have to be devoted to figuring out what the universal rules are, as opposed to "what was the scratch supposed to do anyways and what's up with that giant frog" that Homestuck suffers from.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 25, 2012

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
References are now jokes.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
I really liked homestuck when it was just making fun of rpgs and the sims instead of being an anime with way too many characters. Now I just read it because I want to see what the ending is.

This comic is interesting to me because I've wondered what Kvatch was like ever since I played the game. Although I don't care that much for the protagonist but maybe she'll grow on me once she stops being weak as poo poo.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
... I don't get it. :confused:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

... I don't get it. :confused:

I can only assume this is self insert furry fanwank.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

He's hoverhanding her.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
She looks slightly stoned.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Man, I've already "noped" my way out of that fanart once this week. Don't bring it up again :smith:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm assuming this is some variation on a meme, but it's not one I'm familiar with.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't see what's so bad about Katia comforting a man with a broken wrist. That happened to me once, it hurt like hell.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Kazerad, quick, update so we can talk about it and not this awful image.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

IronSaber posted:

Kazerad, quick, update so we can talk about it and not this awful image.

Seriously, things are getting bad in here.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I feel icky being in the same genus as the creator of that image, let alone species.

seriously who makes stuff like that and more importantly why is it being posted on the official fanart page I mean jesus christ say what you will about homestuck but at least the creepy fetish stuff isn't officially sanctioned :gonk:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

OriginalPseudonym posted:

I feel icky being in the same genus as the creator of that image, let alone species.

seriously who makes stuff like that and more importantly why is it being posted on the official fanart page I mean jesus christ say what you will about homestuck but at least the creepy fetish stuff isn't officially sanctioned :gonk:

This is a thing that happened, but it is so much worse in this form.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Kaz is definitely a connoisseur of strange fanart. It's the careful balance of finding :stonk: absolutely hilarious.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
Aww, you guys are harsh. He just wanted to hug her. I think it's cute. But then again, like Factory pointed out:

Factory Factory posted:

Kaz is definitely a connoisseur of strange fanart.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm not sure what's about to happen, but it's got a 50/50 chance of conflagration.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hope this means more dream-Katia shenanigans. Busting through into the website itself was such a blast last time it happened (horrible disemboweling aside).

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I get that Katia passed out from smoke inhalation, but who put the fire out?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I get that Katia passed out from smoke inhalation, but who put the fire out?
If it was magical fire fueled by her, it might have simply gone out when she passed out?
Besides, she's still breathing, so there's no way this could get any worse. :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Okay, who wants to bet she wakes up in Quill-Weave's place again now? I know I'd laugh if she did. She'll only panic for a little while, something will have happened to make the room look worse but it won't be booze-related

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She'll wake up with Kvatch burning to the ground by the Oblivion Invasion and think that it was her fault.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

radintorov posted:

If it was magical fire fueled by her, it might have simply gone out when she passed out?
Besides, she's still breathing, so there's no way this could get any worse. :v:

She could wake up Martin standing directly over her, angrily wanting to know why she broke in and started setting fires.

She could even have a nightmare with he King, and right when the King is right up in her face, and wake up screaming only to have Martin be right there staring her in the face too.

Also, maybe he put out the fire?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Welp, Katia's out of commission again. Time for the players to take control of Akatosh and fix this poo poo.

e: In other news, this webcomic has inspired me to re-install Oblivion after many years and I will soon be wandering the world as a Perfectly Ordinary Human.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 1, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kept expecting the last panel to cut away to "You are now Brother Martin".

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I love how the last 3 panels (of non-black) have animated rain. Love the attention to detail, I almost didn't notice.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I really like how whenever there's a long delay in updates, the next one always looks like it had extra work put into it. Always feels worth the wait

subtotal fecal
May 25, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aw, that's cute.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

subtotal fecal posted:

Aw, that's cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspNaoxzNbs

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Now look. Your pet cat's dead.

Maybe if you're good you'll get a new replacement kitten next holiday.

subtotal fecal
May 25, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So why DID fires start erupting at the exact same time her amulet stopped working? And how was she able to keep casting when her magicka doesn't regenerate?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The Elder Scrolls Wiki posted:

At his chapels, Akatosh blesses parishioners with increased magicka and speed.
Whoops.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Uh oh.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Well, on the bright side, this means that she actually managed to receive a blessing from one of the Divines! Why did they they ignore her back in Anvil then? Unless her latent CHIM limits the Divines to just giving the player stat-boosts, and can't deal with general "please help me get my life back on track" prayers since that would interfere with their destinies or something.

If this is the case, then Katia should really consider shooting a quick prayer to Zenithar and Mara, whose blessings fortify willpower and luck, respectively.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Fun Fact: According to the Dawnguard DLC that's coming out, Saint Jiub was in Kvatch around this time. Any chance of a cameo?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

A.o.D. posted:

Fun Fact: According to the Dawnguard DLC that's coming out, Saint Jiub was in Kvatch around this time. Any chance of a cameo?

Normally, this would be a case 'OMG its canon now so if you dont include it your not a true fan', but given the character's reputation, I concur.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Nothing could be more inspiring than a one man extinction event. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Dream sequence is GO!

• Locked thread