Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im also up for a 360 tournament. If youre taking votes on a date, I vote Friday since Im a sucker that works weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
Everyone is very welcome to add me on PSN. Name is the same as my user name. I haven't managed to get my hands on the game yet. I have it sitting at home back in the states waiting to get unwrapped. In Canada for another few days since I just got married last week. So if anyone wants to roflstomp a baddie in a couple days just add me up and let me know!

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
My PSN is purgatos, I'm probably going to add a bunch of you guys. I'm maining Liz & Labrys right now, but largely play both by jumping and hitting B.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
I'm down for a Friday evening bout on the 360 since I have to do wedding planning stuff Saturday.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Mr. Fun posted:

My PSN is purgatos, I'm probably going to add a bunch of you guys. I'm maining Liz & Labrys right now, but largely play both by jumping and hitting B.
You... you stole my pro Labrys strategy! D:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Zexerous posted:

I'll make a challonge then for a 360 tourney later tonight. As always it'll be streamed as well. Saturday night good for you guys?

I work til 11pm est on sat :(

But if it is good for others, have fun with it I suppose!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'll play in the 360 tourney. GT is PureRok.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

How's the 360 netcode now that it's been improved? How's it compare to say, UMvC3's netcode?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Saturday night works for me. Sign me up for the 360 tourney, GT is PsychoMage93.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Mr. Fun posted:

Heh. :smug: Let's see how you fare against my Yukiko strategy of just hitting B. And moving back a little. And sometimes jumping.

EndOfTheWorld fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 15, 2012

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm totally up for getting my poo poo wrecked in a 360 tourney on Friday night. GT: Lone Wolf 047. Saturday night's no good since I gotta work Sunday morning.

(People at work have asked me why I always say "hello" instead of "good morning." I maintain that any morning where you're obligated to rise before the sun is never a "good" morning.) :colbert:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I wouldn't mind participating. I have no illusions of getting very far, but who knows. XBL: mrthechairman

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Brother Entropy posted:

How's the 360 netcode now that it's been improved? How's it compare to say, UMvC3's netcode?

It's not the greatest, but totally serviceable. Comparable to blazblue's netcode. The game is actually online-playable in a form that resembles offline play, which is more than I can say about mvc3.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Just got this yesterday, and I'm terrible at fighting games, but sign me up for the scrublist! PSN: Dezinus

I'm usually on around midnight eastern (drat lovely work schedules).

LawnGnomeAttack
Jul 1, 2005

There is a cheer! The gnomes have found a new way to say hoooOOH SHIT
Feel free to add me to your list of PSN players. My PSN is the same as my username here (LawnGnomeAttack), and I can play a scrubby Kanji and Chie, but I need some real fight experience!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My PSN is MangaCarta and I will be adding people tonight when I play online for a bit. I main Labrys and I know one (1) combo.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Great Lakes Log posted:

My PSN is MangaCarta and I will be adding people tonight when I play online for a bit. I main Labrys and I know one (1) combo.

Yeah, but if it's the right combo, you actually know a combo for every single character in the game!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I know two! :downs:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Mr. Fun posted:

Any, er, tips for 26? Cannot time it for the life of me.

Hey how's it going

For 26 my advice is honestly the same. You need to learn the timing of the dash. Start buffering just as she's about to stop moving backwards after the grab. At least that's how I time it. You then have to press A obviously, but you can't really confirm visually that you're running like 23, as you need to do it fast. It takes practice.

The next hard part is linking jump A soon enough that it hits before the ice. Hold upforward to make it easier.

You can also wait until they enter fear status from the devil tarot, as it'll make the link between jump A and bufu even easier, as you don't have to hit A before the ice hits.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.

Zexerous posted:

I'll make a challonge then for a 360 tourney later tonight. As always it'll be streamed as well. Saturday night good for you guys?

Objection! Why wait for Saturday...when we can play tonight AND Saturday!

Scrub 360 player here: Anklebiter25

My average on challenge mode is about 14. I haven't picked a main yet, but I did get story mode to 99%...yay!

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Ankle-biter posted:

Objection! Why wait for Saturday...when we can play tonight AND Saturday!

Scrub 360 player here: Anklebiter25

My average on challenge mode is about 14. I haven't picked a main yet, but I did get story mode to 99%...yay!

I have to wake up and get my kid ready for school at 6 am. I love me this game but, no way in hell am I running a tourney that goes until potentially 2 am. :P

I've gotta personally vote for Saturday since I'm doing the PS3 tourney this Friday and running two separate tournaments and doing streaming for them on the same day seems a bit intense to me.

Unless you 360 goons don't give a poo poo about having your matches streamed.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.

Zexerous posted:

I have to wake up and get my kid ready for school at 6 am. I love me this game but, no way in hell am I running a tourney that goes until potentially 2 am. :P

I've gotta personally vote for Saturday since I'm doing the PS3 tourney this Friday and running two separate tournaments and doing streaming for them on the same day seems a bit intense to me.

I don't really care about streaming but would love to dance with a club member :P Ok, time to take a nap and then do some more arcade!

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So how exactly hard is Score Attack mode to unlock Navigators? I tried with Yu and got my rear end handed to me by permanent speed up mode Yosuke. Don't force me to plop down 3 bucks for Nanako navigator atlus :negative:.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kuai posted:

So how exactly hard is Score Attack mode to unlock Navigators? I tried with Yu and got my rear end handed to me by permanent speed up mode Yosuke. Don't force me to plop down 3 bucks for Nanako navigator atlus :negative:.

That's odd. GameFAQs used to have a list of conditions besides just "Clear Score Attack with [character]" for unlocking the other navigators. I think Nanako's was "Play 50 hours worth of matches" or something along those lines.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

That's odd. GameFAQs used to have a list of conditions besides just "Clear Score Attack with [character]" for unlocking the other navigators. I think Nanako's was "Play 50 hours worth of matches" or something along those lines.

Those were all fake, they're updated to be correct now.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Kuai posted:

If it's like any of the other ArcSys games they have ever designed: you're hosed. Score Attack is really hard and you should just part with your console manufacturer's fun-bux if you want a different navigator. :dealwithit:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Kuai posted:

Score attack is highly concentrated bullshit. Be willing to throw any conventional strategies out the window and figure out how to exploit the AI by doing the same cheap set up over and over until it dies. Any character with an Instant Kill that hits at point blank range is really good because the computer gets hit by it almost all the time.

Some of the other bullshit you have to fight through is Yukiko with permanent unblockable fire attacks, Mitsuru with permanent Marin Karin and Aigis with permanent Orgia mode and 999 bullets. Ironically, Aigis with permanent Orgia and 999 bullets becomes possibly the best keep away character in the game. And that's exactly how the computer plays her.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Kuai posted:

Story mode for Teddie isn't so bad, turbo button that stuff (it will still take 8 hours).

All challenges for Mitsuru isn't so bad (and she's the best one), I took another goon's advice and did the Shadow Labrys challenges. I can't win a round with her against anybody but her challenges are short and not hard once you understand how her Jojos super works.

I wish I knew the real way to unlock Yosuke... no way is that 1000 IKs right...

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Zexerous posted:

So are you streaming live this time?

khazre
May 31, 2008
I am also a ps3 persona 4 scrub. My psn is MastaBeta and I play all the time. Add me if you want to own my Chie, which you probably will.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Has anyone tried playing with this button layout

A B
C D

Instead of the default one? It looks like it would make the game feel more like KoF, with the two left buttons being roll, the two right being Blowback/DP. Throws are the two bottom buttons, and overheads are the two top buttons. Might work better if your mind thinks that way. Only thing which looks kind of strange is Bursting, One More Cancels remain unchanged.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Elephunk posted:

I wish I knew the real way to unlock Yosuke... no way is that 1000 IKs right...

According to GameFAQs:

Aigis Complete Score Attack with Aigis, Labrys, Mitsuru
Fuuka Complete Score Attack with Yukiko, Akihiko, Kanji
Nanako Complete Score Attack with Yu, Elizabeth, Naoto, Shadow Labrys.
Yosuke Complete Score Attack with Yosuke, Chie, Teddie

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Hello I am goddamn horrible at the game but I still kinda want to participate.

Gamertag: Natureman22

Oh god I'm going be wrecked like a goddamn hurricane.

ShrewdOrganMerchant
Apr 26, 2008

Please stop doing that.
Are there any really good video tutorials for individual characters yet? I mean, challenge mode is alright for learning what combos into what, but it really leaves me with no idea how to use a character; BnB's, movement, resets, overall strategy... Because holy poo poo, my Naoto's getting ravaged online and I have no clue if I'm even playing her right.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited
I'm a scrub and my PSN is SA_Pause. I'll be playing right now if anyone else is online actually!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

Are there any really good video tutorials for individual characters yet? I mean, challenge mode is alright for learning what combos into what, but it really leaves me with no idea how to use a character; BnB's, movement, resets, overall strategy... Because holy poo poo, my Naoto's getting ravaged online and I have no clue if I'm even playing her right.

You should check out the Dustloop forums they already have a ton of poo poo up. And SRK and Eventhubs have been posting videos about the game as well.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

Go to Dustloop.com. They have video posts for every character.

And sorry to everyone inviting me right now, I'm boosting some SF4 trophies with a goon. It's gonna take awhile. If I don't play tonight, then I'll be ready to go tomorrow night.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
We got a goon room on the go right now, I'll add you Hater.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Is there room in the PSN tourney for someone who hasn't played more than five matches of any fighting games other than Super Smash Bros (I understand this doesn't count, it's really a party game), until now? I'll probably get eliminated immediately, but I'd have fun anyway!

Also, for anyone who wants to play with a total scrub, feel free to add me on PSN. My name is DarkHamsterlord, same as my username here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So I'm seeing PSN tossed around a lot. Is the 360 scene a ghost town, or what?

• Locked thread